M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Designo Interior

Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Designo Interior

Hello ML fans,

For you lucky owners that already have the W166 ml can you please post pictures of the Designo Interior?

Thanks so much!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Hello ML fans,
For you lucky owners that already have the W166 ml can you please post pictures of the Designo Interior?
Thanks so much!
I do not have my car yet which is coming with Designo Porcelain White. But I am posting both variations of Designo Seats. North America gets the seats with holes. In Switzerland you will get the diamond shape design which reminds me of the prestigious old 600S. Sorry I don't have pics of black Designo seats.
Attached Thumbnails Designo Interior-ml-63-amg-interior-north-america.jpg   Designo Interior-designo-porcelain-white-international.jpg   Designo Interior-designo-seats-international.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM

2013 ML350
Mine's on order. I was shown photos of the diamond stitch pattern and purchased based on that. It *is* available for North America, right?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
When I was ordering mine, I was told that in the US, the ML63 designo interior does not come with the diamond pattern. But if you order the designo interior on an ML350/550, it would come with the diamond pattern
Old 08-09-2012, 07:27 AM

Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by jean7of9
I do not have my car yet which is coming with Designo Porcelain White. But I am posting both variations of Designo Seats. North America gets the seats with holes. In Switzerland you will get the diamond shape design which reminds me of the prestigious old 600S. Sorry I don't have pics of black Designo seats.
Geat stuff thanks again Sir!

Can you get the diamind shape in the US and Canada or only Europe? If I a not mistaken the G 63 always comes with the diamond shape regardless of where its purchased
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM

2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Geat stuff thanks again Sir!
Can you get the diamind shape in the US and Canada or only Europe? If I a not mistaken the G 63 always comes with the diamond shape regardless of where its purchased
It is diamond shape all over the planet outside North America. You lucky dudes. My neighbor G55 has nice wrinkled leather, no diamond shape.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM

2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
IMO Great color!!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 AM

2013 ML350
Originally Posted by another_geek
But if you order the designo interior on an ML350/550, it would come with the diamond pattern
That's what I'm looking for. Otherwise I'd have upgraded the leather and been happy with that. The pics of the diamond pattern made it a 'must have' for me. The non-diamond... meh!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by LazKat
That's what I'm looking for. Otherwise I'd have upgraded the leather and been happy with that. The pics of the diamond pattern made it a 'must have' for me. The non-diamond... meh!
I actually feel the other way - I would have walked away if I had to take the diamond pattern. To each his own...
Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 PM

2013 ML350
To each his own...
Much improved over Henry Ford's choice of options - "They can have any color they like as long as it's black."
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM

Mercedes Evo II
Hi guys:

I just found a nice link

http://theworldofmbamg.wordpress.com...her-interiors/
Old 08-17-2012, 02:36 AM

ML63 AMG W166, CLK200K, ML320CDI
Ml63 AMG - straight lines pattern

All other models: diamond pattern.

Below is a link to designo configurator. You can select the model (ML63 AMG or standard) and view the different colour options.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/cont...html#chapter=1
Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by clk200
Ml63 AMG - straight lines pattern

All other models: diamond pattern.

Below is a link to designo configurator. You can select the model (ML63 AMG or standard) and view the different colour options.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/cont...html#chapter=1

Great link. Its still a mystery what the designo option will look like for the non-AMG US MLs, since the hatch pattern will not be available in the US, I'm told. Perhaps the configuration for the ML63 might be more accurate for the US ML350 and ML550.

Last edited by gplank; 08-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
The diamond pattern is in a euro pkg called Edition One.
It should NEVER have been shown by anyone in North America as Designio
it was developed from Designio Options
You can get any color in Designio leather or paint many woods and stones etc
MB just put a few easy ones in a list..
Any color paint too.
US website is misleading you folks because they have some listed choices.
Sales reps there seem useless too as far as anything where they have to work to sell a car LOL
Old 08-18-2012, 05:27 PM

2013 ML350
Since every other post here has a different answer, the truth is that no one knows what the non-AMG ML 350s will have. Mine is on order (although from the posts here God only knows when it might actually show up) and I'll post pics the day it arrives.

I'll just say I'm hoping for the best, which is my case includes the diamond pattern.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear
The diamond pattern is in a euro pkg called Edition One.
It should NEVER have been shown by anyone in North America as Designio
it was developed from Designio Options
You can get any color in Designio leather or paint many woods and stones etc
MB just put a few easy ones in a list..
Any color paint too.
US website is misleading you folks because they have some listed choices.
Sales reps there seem useless too as far as anything where they have to work to sell a car LOL
The Diamond pattern is NOT limited to the euro pkg Ediition One. This has been phased out (my Euro Dealer had a cut out date of June 2012) and Designo has been introduced across the range, with the diamond pattern for all models apart from ML63 AMG. There are no designo paint options available for the ML, nor any otehr wood/stone finishes other than black piano. The leather options are limited to porcelain, maron and black. The desgino range availability varies from model to model
Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
The Diamond pattern is NOT limited to the euro pkg Ediition One. This has been phased out (my Euro Dealer had a cut out date of June 2012) and Designo has been introduced across the range, with the diamond pattern for all models apart from ML63 AMG. There are no designo paint options available for the ML, nor any otehr wood/stone finishes other than black piano. The leather options are limited to porcelain, maron and black. The desgino range availability varies from model to model
Yes diamond is an option like ANYTHING Else in Designio that's what Designio is wacko personal choice like no other. MB USA has packaged a few for you at a bargain. If you think there are only the choices listed in the US guide you don't understand Designio. But you will pay DEARLY for those choices. Especially Paint choices. That dear friends is the point of Designio not packages limiting what you can get.....they are packages. :o))))
Purple with Red leather about $10,000. Our dealers have done lots of oddball stuff for the wealthy wierd ones that want it their way. Unless things have changed since a year ago this should still be true. Heck my ML is Citrine Brown with Brown leather and you just don't see an order option for that in US or Canada. And its not Designio. But MBC approved it.

Last edited by dougiebear; 08-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by dougiebear
Yes diamond is an option like ANYTHING Else in Designio that's what Designio is wacko personal choice like no other. MB USA has packaged a few for you at a bargain. If you think there are only the choices listed in the US guide you don't understand Designio. But you will pay DEARLY for those choices. Especially Paint choices. That dear friends is the point of Designio not packages limiting what you can get.....they are packages. :o))))
Purple with Red leather about $10,000. Our dealers have done lots of oddball stuff for the wealthy wierd ones that want it their way. Unless things have changed since a year ago this should still be true. Heck my ML is Citrine Brown with Brown leather and you just don't see an order option for that in US or Canada. And its not Designio. But MBC approved it.
Dougiebear is right, at least according to what my local MB dealer has told me....he has assured me that the factory will do whatever I want with custom paint or leather, as long as I am willing to pay the price in both dollars and wait-time. Of course hearing that, I said forget it...it's not worth it given my measly income and net worth. But if you have money to blow, they're willing to please. But I think the prevailing question in this thread is what the standard, packaged designo leather will look like for the non-ML63 MLs (i.e., the 350 and 550) in the U.S. I think it's safe to assume it will look like the ML63 interior, which has no diamond pattern. But until the first one comes off the line and someone posts a photo, it seems none of us are going to know for sure.

Last edited by gplank; 08-21-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by gplank
Dougiebear is right, at least according to what my local MB dealer has told me....he has assured me that the factory will do whatever I want with custom paint or leather, as long as I am willing to pay the price in both dollars and wait-time. Of course hearing that, I said forget it...it's not worth it given my measly income and net worth. But if you have money to blow, they're willing to please. But I think the prevailing question in this thread is what the standard, packaged designo leather will look like for the non-ML63 MLs (i.e., the 350 and 550) in the U.S. I think it's safe to assume it will look like the ML63 interior, which has no diamond pattern. But until the first one comes off the line and someone posts a photo, it seems none of us are going to know for sure.
Absolutely correct that the question is about standard option list packages, not special orders. In Europe at least, designo or non-standard colors are "POA", non-standard leather starting from Eur8.500+VAT etc. Factory production line Designo options are quite limited and model specific (with the most choice reserved for the CL and S-Class)

As to diamond pattern, agree that until the first one comes out, no-one is sure, but both the US Ordering Guide and the US 2013 Brochure show the same seats as the European Designo website/ brochures / pricelists, ie. with diamond pattern.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:24 AM

I"ve been trying to order an MY13 ML550 with designo, but the inventory manager of my local MB dealers says it currently is not available, even for November builds that just opened.

Also, to my shock and dismay, the cost is not $4,600. That is the upgrade cost from the leather option. So the total cost would be about $6,220? (i.e,. 1620+4600). Can you believe this? When did they start pricing options building upon the price of another option? Is this correct???

I just told the dealer to forget the designo if its going to cost that much, plus hold up my order. I'm now going with just the regular black leather. The wrapped dash comes standard on the ML550 for MY13, although it's MBtex.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 PM

As to diamond pattern, agree that until the first one comes out, no-one is sure, but both the US Ordering Guide and the US 2013 Brochure show the same seats as the European Designo website/ brochures / pricelists, ie. with diamond pattern.
Pics of a US-spec ML550 with designo interior. It has the diamond pattern ...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w166...ml#post5427160
Old 09-14-2012, 01:18 AM

Pics of a US-spec ML550 with designo interior. It has the diamond pattern ...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w166...ml#post5427160
Yep, i guess that's the clincher. Quilt pattern it is. Anybody else with designo on their 2013 350 or 550?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 AM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
Yep, i guess that's the clincher. Quilt pattern it is. Anybody else with designo on their 2013 350 or 550?
Our 350 designo is diamond patterned
Old 09-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Thumbs down

I"ve been trying to order an MY13 ML550 with designo, but the inventory manager of my local MB dealers says it currently is not available, even for November builds that just opened.

Also, to my shock and dismay, the cost is not $4,600. That is the upgrade cost from the leather option. So the total cost would be about $6,220? (i.e,. 1620+4600). Can you believe this? When did they start pricing options building upon the price of another option? Is this correct???

I just told the dealer to forget the designo if its going to cost that much, plus hold up my order. I'm now going with just the regular black leather. The wrapped dash comes standard on the ML550 for MY13, although it's MBtex.
Wow, that's a huge difference to the cost for Designo option here in Aus, I was quoted $2448 AUD (plus a few taxes on top of that, can't give you the exact figure) but there's no leather upgrade option here, real leather is standard in everything from ML350 up. I hope this Designo upgrade is going to be worth it, the description says it includes:

designo leather single-tone:-
Based on leather for designo (Code 201)
Seats and door centre panels in designo leather in the respective upholstery colour.
Armrests, centre console, dashboard and door beltlines trimmed in black nappa leather.
designo roof lining in black fabric (Y90)

I've gone for Black Designo leather with the Brown Burr Walnut Trim Elements. I love that glossy wood trim, the Dark Graphite & Brown Ash trim elements look cheap & nasty to me, and the Designo Piano Black Lacquer I figure would not only be too much black but will also scratch very easily. I was quite happy with the normal black leather but I wanted a black roof lining and it was only available with the two-tone normal leather or Designo. Once the dealer showed me pics of the Designo leather I said yes immediately. What a pity there's no exterior Designo colours available though

Happy motoring folks!!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by AussieBenzLover
Wow, that's a huge difference to the cost for Designo option here in Aus, I was quoted $2448 AUD (plus a few taxes on top of that, can't give you the exact figure) but there's no leather upgrade option here, real leather is standard in everything from ML350 up. I hope this Designo upgrade is going to be worth it, the description says it includes:

designo leather single-tone:-
Based on leather for designo (Code 201)
Seats and door centre panels in designo leather in the respective upholstery colour.
Armrests, centre console, dashboard and door beltlines trimmed in black nappa leather.
designo roof lining in black fabric (Y90)

I've gone for Black Designo leather with the Brown Burr Walnut Trim Elements. I love that glossy wood trim, the Dark Graphite & Brown Ash trim elements look cheap & nasty to me, and the Designo Piano Black Lacquer I figure would not only be too much black but will also scratch very easily. I was quite happy with the normal black leather but I wanted a black roof lining and it was only available with the two-tone normal leather or Designo. Once the dealer showed me pics of the Designo leather I said yes immediately. What a pity there's no exterior Designo colours available though

Happy motoring folks!!
Actually, turned out my dealer was wrong. It's a US$4,600 upgrade total...it is not stacked on top of the $1620 leather upgrade.

BTW: I also didn't like the Brown Satin Ash when I first saw it in person. It was on a ML that didn't have wrapped dash and it seems like 'dull upon dull'...dull wood with dull plastic dash. I didn't like the open-pore aspect, and I wanted to buff and shine it to match the smooth (non-open pore) Brown Satin Ash wood wheel.

But once I saw it in a ML63 with a leather wrapped dash with its light-colored stitching, it made all the difference. The Brown Satin Ash has such an 'organic' and natural feel to it, that I realized it needs to be surrounded with other organic-looking material, like leather or MBtex, to make it look good...and then it looks more than good, it I think it looks amazing.

Burl Walnut had been my favorite, but the heavy, shinny plastic clear-coat they put on it seems to detract and disconnect me from the rich look of the wood. If it had less of this heavy coat, I think it would look a lot better. However, the shininess does spruce up a dull non-wrapped dash, so if I were not getting the wrapped dash, I might still opt for the Burl Wood.

Here's some of my favorite shots of the Brown Satin Ash with a wrapped dash.

Those last few were contributed by GregW (thanks, Greg!)

Last edited by gplank; 09-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Designo Interior