M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Netflix Streaming on 2014 ML350 from iPod/iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350
Netflix Streaming on 2014 ML350 from iPod/iPhone

Has anyone been able to stream Netflix/Youtube on the 2014 ML350 from an ipod or iphone? One should be able to play videos when the vehicle is in Park position. Would be a useful feature to have when the wife is in the mall and you with the kids in the car parking lot!

MBUSA tells me only those videos stored locally on the ipod/iphone can be played and that video streaming from Youtube/Netflix is not supported which to me is pretty lame.

I am using iPhone 4 and the Media interface cable with the apple adapter that came with the car. COMAND recognises the iPhone and lists it as one of the sources for video inputs however instead of streaming Netflix, it plays the audio songs stored locally on the iphone.

Any experiences you can share would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Have you tried playing a locally stored video on the iPhone? Try loading syncing a movie that you have on iTunes. Netflix will not work because it is streamed.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 GLC43
The only video I've been able to play other than DVD is from my old iPod Classic. My iPhone (6s+) for some reason doesnt play. I even bought the Lightning cable for the media interface since the 30-PIN adapter doesnt pass video.

Have anyone here been able to play video from an iPhone (5 or newer)? If so, how?