M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Mbrace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350 Bluetec
Mbrace

Anyone else had issues with Mbrace or Nav? Every time I send my current location to my ML it sends it to another location. I sent my location my ML and when my wife drove it sent her to the playground near by my house and I was 10 miles away. Then the other issue I had was the same thing. I sent it from my iPhone 5s, when it went to the ML it sent her about half a mile where I was. The nav usually never gets me dead on the spot. It just tells me I'm arriving at my destination when I passed it already or it's either on the opposite direction. It also sends me to closed down gas stations. Usually makes me do u turns when I'm next to my destination. I emailed MB but all they could do was tell me I have the latest software. So here I am at the dealer. By the way my 2012 ML had the same issues.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
I do NOT see where Mbrace will be worth it after the free trial is done.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
The fact that the same thing happens on both vehicles tells much about mbrace. I am somewhat happy with the NAV system yet it is harder to use than my past Lexus as far as me inputting an address.

Maybe with time. ...... ..

Last edited by GregGebhardt; 04-06-2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Because my fingers can not type correctly
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 PM

2014 ML350 Bluetec
I'll give it another month or two after they download the new software. They couldn't do it today because it takes 6 hours to download it. Let's see how it goes afterwards.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 PM

2014 ML350 Bluetec
Turned out that my software is up to date but my antenna was calibrated. I haven't tried it out yet but it seems accurate now when I leave my nav in.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:58 PM

ML 350 2014
When did you get new software? I have ML2014 and did not get update
Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 PM

2014 ML350 Bluetec
I didn't get a new software! They tried to but the software is the most current one when they tried to download. I had to take it back during the week because I was told it would take up to six hours. Even when I emailed MB, they said my software is up to date but I still went to the dealership. So they calibrated my antenna and it seems to be on the spot now.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:48 AM

2006 ML 350 sold, 2014 Bluetec "Rudy"
I am trying to find a reason to keep MBrace but other than some fun of sending an address from computer to the nav, I just haven't used it much. Those of you who decided to keep, please tell me what I may be missing. The unlock from phone works but never have locked the keys in car. Please help me justlfy $480 yearly!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by 14MLBT
I didn't get a new software! They tried to but the software is the most current one when they tried to download. I had to take it back during the week because I was told it would take up to six hours. Even when I emailed MB, they said my software is up to date but I still went to the dealership. So they calibrated my antenna and it seems to be on the spot now.
I do not understand the "calibrate the antenna" thing. Did they explain
Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Phil.mount
I am trying to find a reason to keep MBrace but other than some fun of sending an address from computer to the nav, I just haven't used it much. Those of you who decided to keep, please tell me what I may be missing. The unlock from phone works but never have locked the keys in car. Please help me justlfy $480 yearly!
I think $480 IS expensive unless you use their services often. I don't and did not like that they wanted my CC number at time of vehical purchase to re-inlist MBrace services automatically. I will pull the plug on that and make that choice later.

Lexus has simular services and it is also expensive
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 AM

2014 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
I do not understand the "calibrate the antenna" thing. Did they explain
He didn't explain as to why but I understood what he meant because I have lots of torque wrenches that I just turned in to get calibrated so the reading is right. The only way for me to explain is when I'm 50 yards away from my house, it's saying I'm already home. Now it shows very close.... More like -+ 5ft of accuracy.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 AM

2014 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Phil.mount
It is expensive. I think I'm not going to use it anymore. I was just charged $330 for basic and I pay $30 for the mb2. I already have all these in my phone. When I had my x5m and m3, I didn't pay anything because I was still in Germany and their GPS idrive was very accurate. I never had an issue.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
I have had MBrace for a couple years now and don't use it much other than to send addresses to the navigator via my PC. The safety features are nice, however, with the call to police to track the vehicle if stolen and the auto call to police and ambulance with my location should I get in a wreck. That is all just extra piece of mind. My bill is around $300 a year but if it was more than that I would drop it.

Another thing that I am still unsure of is that with MBrace there is no need to pay for map updates. They want the same amount for a yearly map update that they do for MBrace, which offers so much more. I say that because one day while driving I pulled over and manually input the address I wanted to find. The thing could not locate that address and was deemed "off map". The next time I input that very same address I did it via the Send to Benz feature on my PC. Bingo! The ML's Command system accepted the download and the navigator took me right there.

That tells me that the PC maps shown on Google Maps are current, as I would expect them to be, and they somehow have the capability of "updating" the navigator's map, at least for that specific address you are looking for, during the download. The reason I am saying that I am unsure about all this (since I only tried it once) is that maybe I pushed a wrong button or input a wrong number or letter when I did it manually. I don't think I did but I might have.

If I am correct, that instant map "update" feature when going through the PC and Send to Benz (at least for the specific addresses you download) is worth a few bucks because you never need to pay for a map update. This is especially good for people travelling a lot in new areas, industrial parks and newly built subdivisions.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:38 PM

2006 ML 350 sold, 2014 Bluetec "Rudy"
If the update is true,that would help, but the way you describe it, that would only be with send to Benz, which I have used. It would help if we got free updates whenever they happen. Looking for more reasons!