M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Horrible service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 06:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
Horrible service

I posted about these issues in another thread but thought it deserved its own.
This was sent to Mgr & Service Mgr at MB Miami

Sir,
I have an appointment to see you this afternoon and am very confused. I truly do not have confidence in your service department.
The transmission is acting as if its in a “sport” mode…not upshifting and downshifting severly on braking. My biggest issue is the “clunk” felt when shifting from park to drive. Sometimes it doesn’t always happen…but sometimes its so severe it feels like I’ve been hit in the rear.
I also noticed an increased level of “ticking” following the replacement of a turbo seal. This was noticed by me…and confirmed today by my property manager.
To recap…I brought my ML350BTC in for its 40k service…picked it up two weeks later after transmission “issues” that were not present were “repaired”. The morning following my cars return I heard a loud band and got a check engine light. Back to the dealership for a “turbo seal”….covered by warranty. Neither of these “repairs” were performed correctly.
My ML has performed flawlessly and I truly regret having it serviced by the dealer…I had hoped to keep it for some time.
I have been a loyal MB customer for 42 years but if these issues are not solved I can no longer remain
Mike

Last edited by Waykool plantz; 08-23-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:23 AM

Got a call 2 days after dropping it off saying the transmission and ticking noise were normal.
I was asked if they could take it "home" to see if they could duplicate the problem.
Have not heard back...it's now the second day since that request and no call.....
Old 08-23-2014, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
"following my cars return I heard a loud band"

Marching band or rock band?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 AM

Rock of course
Old 08-25-2014, 05:48 PM

Sir,
Following my return to MB of Miami last Tuesday to address the transmission issues and tapping noise I received a call from Michael Carrozza thursday evening telling me the transmission banging and not shifting properly was normal but they wished to send the vehicle home with a tech to confirm. I have heard nothing since.
I spoke with Andrew from CAC @ MB in New Jersey on Friday and requested the regional service manager get in touch. I have yet to hear back, but they did say a warranty claim was made on the transmission.
When I brought my ML in for its 40K service I specifically requested that NO SOFTWARE UPDATES be performed.
There were no transmission issues and it appears to me that MB Miami fabricated an issue as the opportunity for a warramty claim was drawing to a close. My ML now exhibits the flaws they claim the repair was to fix. The locking torque converter was responsible for the blown turbo seal...which now makes a loud tapping noise since repaired.
Needless to say I believe MB Miami has caused damage to my ML I would like rectified prior to the warranty's expiration

Mike.

Last edited by Waykool plantz; 08-25-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
I would recommend you go in and meet with the service manager. If you exhaust that route I suggest taking the car to another dealer. They likely will be able to help you in getting MBUSA involved if needed. Be calm, polite, and keep accurate documentation.

Good luck