M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Alarm System Question

Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alarm System Question

When I took my older ML350 on a car ferry, had to switch off the alarm system's motion sensor to prevent false alarms. Does the current ML's alarm system have a motion sensor, and, if so, how does one lock the truck without activating the the motion sensor? Or, if the sensor can't be defeated, how does one lock the truck without arming the alarm system? Thanx in advance!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
See US Owners Manual

See US Owners manual page 88-89 - called Locking the Vehicle (mechanical key) - that process locks the doors and tailgate but does not activate the alarm
Old 08-27-2014, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you have Keyless G also remove Keyless Go button so the rig stays locked even if you are in range and someone else grabls fdoor-handle/rear-tailgate
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by skippk
When I took my older ML350 on a car ferry, had to switch off the alarm system's motion sensor to prevent false alarms. Does the current ML's alarm system have a motion sensor, and, if so, how does one lock the truck without activating the the motion sensor? Or, if the sensor can't be defeated, how does one lock the truck without arming the alarm system? Thanx in advance!
I take the A1A Ferry at Mayport FL two times a month. I have locked my doors, alarm on, and walked away from the vehical and never had the alarm go off on my 2014 GL. I have had some rough landings when the ferry was docking and watched my GL rock back and forth and yet stay silent.

How much motion is needed to set off the alarm as I know the body of my truck has moved more than an inch or so on a rough landing