M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Problem with Sirius Sat radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350
Question Problem with Sirius Sat radio

I have a recently purchased 2013 ML 350 CPO. The Sirius radio once activated has not been able to receive data such as traffic, weather,etc. Multiple attempts with Sirius customer service to refresh the signal all failed; the radio only receives music and regular programming of the available channels. It will not tune to either channel zero (0) or to the ubiquitous channel 184. Sirius directed me to the dealer. After keeping the vehicle four hours and putting several software patches on the Command system, the problem persists. The plan is to now swap out the Sirius control unit. I have the vehicle scheduled to go in for that next week. My question is exactly where is that unit located? I am not interested in ablative surgery on the interior of the car to accomplish this project. An e-mail query to my service writer has gone unanswered and hence my request for information in this venue.

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide...
Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 GLC 300 Coupe, Past ‘12 ML350 & ‘17 GLE AMG43 Coupe
When we purchased 2012 ml new, we had full trial Sirius including traffic & weather during six month free trial period. This changed with continued subscription. Numerous calls to Sirius result in various explanations for no traffic/weather, mostly attempting to blame MB for not having an agreement with Sirius Ora problem with the vehicle. The only reason we subscribe is for traffic/weather which does not work so we negotiate a reduced subscription rate. During one renewal, Sirius deactivated the service, they insisted that the radio not working was a MB problem when the Sirius only required to be activated.

Bottom line - don't trust that it is an issue with MB. Sirius simply does not deliver the traffic and weather service and cannot provide an explanation other than to blame MB. When the traffic/weather did work, it was excellent...that is of little benefit when it mostly does not work.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Let the dealer do their thing - which is under warranty so no cost to you - there will be no "evidence" of their work... satisfaction under warranty is your priviledge..
Old 11-09-2014, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
Originally Posted by AS705
When we purchased 2012 ml new, we had full trial Sirius including traffic & weather during six month free trial period. This changed with continued subscription. Numerous calls to Sirius result in various explanations for no traffic/weather, mostly attempting to blame MB for not having an agreement with Sirius Ora problem with the vehicle. The only reason we subscribe is for traffic/weather which does not work so we negotiate a reduced subscription rate. During one renewal, Sirius deactivated the service, they insisted that the radio not working was a MB problem when the Sirius only required to be activated.

Bottom line - don't trust that it is an issue with MB. Sirius simply does not deliver the traffic and weather service and cannot provide an explanation other than to blame MB. When the traffic/weather did work, it was excellent...that is of little benefit when it mostly does not work.
The XM trial period it is a subscription from US, once the period it is finished and you apply for a paid subscription it becomes a Canadian one that do not offer weather or traffic.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 GLC 300 Coupe, Past ‘12 ML350 & ‘17 GLE AMG43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Samaral
The XM trial period it is a subscription from US, once the period it is finished and you apply for a paid subscription it becomes a Canadian one that do not offer weather or traffic.
Thanks. I thought may be US vs Canadian subscription
Old 10-05-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
anyone solve this problem?
I have Sirius Canada on my R350 2011 Nav but Sirius Canada says I cannot add Nav, yet they have my car listed on siriusxm.ca as being compatible with Nav.