M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Urgent advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 350
Urgent advice needed

My 2012 ML350 was shipped by a shipper from the west coast to east coast. On the way, the shipping carrier had an accident, both A-pillars show multiple dents, wind shield is cracked, roof carrier has bad scratch and the back of the roof is also badly scratched. Both mirrors are broken. My wife thinks there is vibration from the engine.

This happened about an hour ago, Is there any chance I could get a replacement of my ML-350. I do have State Farm insurance, but I assume the claim will be through the shipper's insurance.

Any advice on how I might handle this, and likelihood that the shipping company will replace car.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I would think the shipper carried insurance for shipping purposes on your vehicle. Not so sure anyone will replace you vehicle as long as they can repair the damages for less than another unit would cost.

You need to contact the shipper and ask them how to get in contact with their insurance company. I would also be looking over the contract you had with the shipper to see what it says also.

Things like this seldom end with all parties happy.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:58 AM

2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by yashagrawal
My 2012 ML350 was shipped by a shipper from the west coast to east coast. On the way, the shipping carrier had an accident, both A-pillars show multiple dents, wind shield is cracked, roof carrier has bad scratch and the back of the roof is also badly scratched. Both mirrors are broken. My wife thinks there is vibration from the engine.

This happened about an hour ago, Is there any chance I could get a replacement of my ML-350. I do have State Farm insurance, but I assume the claim will be through the shipper's insurance.

Any advice on how I might handle this, and likelihood that the shipping company will replace car.
it is unlikely they will replace the car. get the car to an MB dealer for an estimate as soon as possible. The carrier's ins co will definitely handle this.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Before you settle with the carrier's insurance check into what they call "Diminished Value" and see if you can get compensated for possible lower value of your vehical, even after it is repaired.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:10 PM

ML 350
Thanks, with all that damage, the total cost is < 10,000$, I wonder what kind of scam is this. When I go to MB, I get charged 150$/hr labor costs, here they have charged between 30-50$/hr, unbelievable. Usually, even a small repair is in the thousands of dollars ??. I cannot imagine, labor and parts costs are so low in NV ?.