M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Car would not move!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350 Bluetech 2013 Loving it!
Car would not move!

Strange occurrence on my ML350 2013 last night.

I was parking my car in the garage after coming back from work it suddenly would not take any acceleration. I tried it in Reverse and Drive the engine would run but not rev up even when pressing the accelerator all the way down. Tried for about 5 minutes on and off etc.
I then called mercedes help line turned the engine off and then after 5 minutes turned the car on All was back to normal while i was on the phone with them. the help line chap who was very good asked if limit light was on , and it was , He said it must have been that. I tried to put the limit on while very slow on stand still position etc but minimum limit is 20 mph !
So what happened?
I am a bit concerned that this ma happen again .

Any thoughts ? Any one?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Limp Home Mode. Turning the car off for a few minutes will usually reset and cancel the mode.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
Originally Posted by emran
Strange occurrence on my ML350 2013 last night.

I was parking my car in the garage after coming back from work it suddenly would not take any acceleration. I tried it in Reverse and Drive the engine would run but not rev up even when pressing the accelerator all the way down. Tried for about 5 minutes on and off etc.
I then called mercedes help line turned the engine off and then after 5 minutes turned the car on All was back to normal while i was on the phone with them. the help line chap who was very good asked if limit light was on , and it was , He said it must have been that. I tried to put the limit on while very slow on stand still position etc but minimum limit is 20 mph !
So what happened?
I am a bit concerned that this ma happen again .

Any thoughts ? Any one?
What is the limit light?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I agree with turning it off for a few minutes and trying again. My ML350BT transmission stopped shifting normally and even the paddles would not work. I turn the engine off and back on and all was normal. Seems the CPU did I not boot properly but did on the second try. Never had the proble afterwards.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350 Bluetech 2013 Loving it!
The limit light is a mode on which you limit the maximum speed t avoid overspeeding in a speed limit area.
I do not now still what happened , Yes turning the car off and restarting after five minutes worked but why should it happen? I have lost confidence and feel the car is unreliable
Any ideas ?