M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

As much as I hate to leave

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
And my experience only comes from dealing with MB (I have never owned a Lexus). I live 40 miles away and the MB comes out and picks my ML up for service and leaves a C class for me to use. My car is returned cleaned and spotless. The showroom is well appointed with nice seats and big screen tv and the girls always ask if I want coffee, cokes or any of the munchies always available. I brought the car in once for an oil change and told them I would walk to the nearest restaurant and return after lunch for the car. They offered me a ride. If the car is dirty all I have to do is stop by and they wash it for free (less a nice tip to the car washer).

So based on this experience and that the car has basically been flawless, I would have to say that like anything else, you will find good cars and lemons with any brand. You will also find good dealers and bad dealers with any brand. It boils down to no statement of fact, only the luck of the draw.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
You could be right but I am no longer depending on luck where I live.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
NO Lexus problems?

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
While agree that Lexus may not be as exciting as Mercedes, out of the 4 LX units and numerous Lexus cars, I have never had the first problem with any of them. Only time I have had to take them in for anything was just for their regular service.
Worked @ Lexus dealer up til recently--over 10 yrs. Lexus has big problems @ times like other mfgs. Granted they are very good quality but don't kid yourself that they don't have their share of problems.

1 model year all the LS models that we sold had to have tranny replaced. IS's had multiple brake and steering rack replacements. Brake rotors were warping early on many models. Many recalls that the public never was aware off. Our garage was busy with warranty work as well as routine maintenance

I am not down grading Lexus quality but they have their share of problems too, To their credit they were very fair with the consumer. We would pick up their cars,leave them a loaner,fix the problems and then fill their gas tank @ no charge.

Just a little update that the bulletproof armor has a few holes in it.

PS Best buy & bang for the $ is the ES
Old 12-22-2014, 01:54 PM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by greasykid
Worked @ Lexus dealer up til recently--over 10 yrs. Lexus has big problems @ times like other mfgs. Granted they are very good quality but don't kid yourself that they don't have their share of problems.

1 model year all the LS models that we sold had to have tranny replaced. IS's had multiple brake and steering rack replacements. Brake rotors were warping early on many models. Many recalls that the public never was aware off. Our garage was busy with warranty work as well as routine maintenance

I am not down grading Lexus quality but they have their share of problems too, To their credit they were very fair with the consumer. We would pick up their cars,leave them a loaner,fix the problems and then fill their gas tank @ no charge.

Just a little update that the bulletproof armor has a few holes in it.

PS Best buy & bang for the $ is the ES
And again this is only MY observation after owning 12-15 Lexus and only one ML. I said nothing about the quality of MB and in fact mine was just fine.

"Bullet Proof armor" ? Are you in the right thread?

The ES is not my style and the MB dealer had so many warranty/service requests that they did not even have a Mercedes loaner to give me and had a rental car company pick me up and take me to my nice Nissan Sentra rental.

Screw the MB service department in Orange Park FL!

Last edited by GregGebhardt; 12-22-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Sorry

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
And again this is only MY observation after owning 12-15 Lexus and only one ML. I said nothing about the quality of MB and in fact mine was just fine.

"Bullet Proof armor" ? Are you in the right thread?

The ES is not my style and the MB dealer had so many warranty/service requests that they did not even have a Mercedes loaner to give me and had a rental car company pick me up and take me to my nice Nissan Sentra rental.

Screw the MB service department in Orange Park FL!
Nothing personal. RELAX!
Old 12-23-2014, 05:00 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Not a problem.

I will be leaving now and wish you all a Merry Christmas and remind everyone how lucky we are to be able to make these automotive choices!

Relaxed and heading back to labor Lexus.