M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New software updates for ML?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350BT
New software updates for ML?

I just picked up my ML350 Bluetec after it's third service and after reading the invoice I noticed a few lines indicating new software updates. I was in a rush and forgot to ask all the details. Has anyone else known about these updates or had them done recently?

"Check and Install New Software for SCR Unit. Check and Install New Software for CDI Unit (As per shop foreman meeting, SCR AND CDI Should be updated Simultaneously) Check and install new software for ETC/VGS Unit as part of Powertrain"

Thanks,
Vancity
Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 AM

ML-350, Audi Q7, Ford Taurus
hmmmm, interested to find out what the update does... going to take my car in for service next month, hopefully it's something useful.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:23 PM

2012 ML350BT
I'm not sure myself, but the transmission shifting is not as smooth as before..more of jolt going from Park to drive.
Also this morning on cold start my truck did buck a few times when getting out of gear... This was the original problem a lot of people experienced with the Diesel....
Old 01-21-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 ML350 BT, 1998 BMW 540i/6
Originally Posted by Vancity
I'm not sure myself, but the transmission shifting is not as smooth as before..more of jolt going from Park to drive.
Also this morning on cold start my truck did buck a few times when getting out of gear... This was the original problem a lot of people experienced with the Diesel....
Doesn't sound like an improvement