M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Fuel door opened while parked now rear trunk opened too!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML 350 bluetec
Fuel door opened while parked now rear trunk opened too!!

Hi all
I have a 2014 ML bluetec.

I keep the car always stored in my garage, and unlocked.

About a couple of weeks ago, when I backed out my car, I had noticed my fuel door was open when I got out to put my daughter in the back seat.

This week, I backed out my ML and again fuel door was open.

Last night I parked my car in the garage, later that night before going to bed, I went to check if the fuel door was open, all was ok. This morning, I go into the garage, the rear door was open!!!! (i did not keep the key in the car, i had left it on a hook out of arms reach from anyone)

any ideas?
Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
I know the hatch is activated by the fob but the gas door is a mechanical opened device if I remember correctly.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw530
Mine too Opened in the Garage

My 2014 ML550 hatch opened up during the evening and of course I didn't know since my garage is detached from the house. The garage door tried to open but jamped up since the hatch door wedge it self against the garage door. Cost $800 in body work to fix the bottom edge of the hatch door. MB couldn't explain it, but now I back it into the garage having enough clearance just in case the hatch opens up again. I think the FOB requires very little pressure to activate the button. Also, my fuel door was popping open after I left the gas stations (twice) already. MB adjusted the cable and it has stopped....GaryNJ
Old 02-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by gvernt_2000
My 2014 ML550 hatch opened up during the evening and of course I didn't know since my garage is detached from the house. The garage door tried to open but jamped up since the hatch door wedge it self against the garage door. Cost $800 in body work to fix the bottom edge of the hatch door. MB couldn't explain it, but now I back it into the garage having enough clearance just in case the hatch opens up again. I think the FOB requires very little pressure to activate the button. Also, my fuel door was popping open after I left the gas stations (twice) already. MB adjusted the cable and it has stopped....GaryNJ

The Fuel door on my E would pop open occasionally, it was the plastic "loop" on the filler cap that was pushing it out, maybe this is it? try repositioning the "leash" around the filler neck.
The Hatch is definitely sounds like a fob problem...you can buy leather covers on ebay that cover the buttons.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1982 300Dt, 2021GLE53, 2013 GLK250, 2009 Smart Cabrio
Where do you keep your key? I keep mine in my back pocket and occasionally, when I sit on it a certain way, it opens the rear hatch! Was in church once and when I came out the hatch was open....took me a while to figure it out!