M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Speed limit displayed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:53 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '22 M850i Vert
Speed limit displayed?

Will this Nav. (2015) show you the current speed limit? My $99 lifetime map Garmin does. Can't find anything in manual. If yes, how do I set it up to display? Thanks,
Old 04-19-2015, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
NO... but your $99.00 lifetime map Garmin won't fit nicely in the dash with no hanging wires.

BTW most roads have speed limit signs.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedlimit- poor navigation system

I have a 2014 ML350btc and the navigation system is an embarrassment for Mercedes. I absolutely agree with gkgeiger, the missing speed limit is ridiculous and a major deficiency.
Barry45rpm, your reply is some what flippant, you obviously don't drive much long distance, in rain and nights where it is easy to loose track of your quoted signs.
Also, if I drive 1400 miles on a trip, why would I be interested in every next exit????? My 2007 navigation system at least lets me select the view of the next event, like in 89 miles change to # 15. Not on the 2015 (nice improvement!)
And yes Barry, fiddling around I can suppress the next exit display, but no next event. The programers for the navigation system lack absolutely intelligence, somebody should be fired.
Why do I need to have the time displayed in the command? I have one on the dash!! Waste of display space.
How about showing elevation??
I have tried to find out from Mercedes about upgrading to a Mexico map. No response.

That is one thing I hate on Mercedes, their arrogance at times: "We know what you want and need" Their response time to listen to legitimate complaints is infinite.

And Barry, my 7" TomTom via fits nicely over the poor excuse of a navigation system with only a minimal wire down to the lighter plug. But why should I have to do that? There is no excuse for a Mercedes to have a Lada navigation system.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '22 M850i Vert
Originally Posted by axel_wg
I have a 2014 ML350btc and the navigation system is an embarrassment for Mercedes. I absolutely agree with gkgeiger, the missing speed limit is ridiculous and a major deficiency.
Barry45rpm, your reply is some what flippant, you obviously don't drive much long distance, in rain and nights where it is easy to loose track of your quoted signs.
Also, if I drive 1400 miles on a trip, why would I be interested in every next exit????? My 2007 navigation system at least lets me select the view of the next event, like in 89 miles change to # 15. Not on the 2015 (nice improvement!)
And yes Barry, fiddling around I can suppress the next exit display, but no next event. The programers for the navigation system lack absolutely intelligence, somebody should be fired.
Why do I need to have the time displayed in the command? I have one on the dash!! Waste of display space.
How about showing elevation??
I have tried to find out from Mercedes about upgrading to a Mexico map. No response.

That is one thing I hate on Mercedes, their arrogance at times: "We know what you want and need" Their response time to listen to legitimate complaints is infinite.

And Barry, my 7" TomTom via fits nicely over the poor excuse of a navigation system with only a minimal wire down to the lighter plug. But why should I have to do that? There is no excuse for a Mercedes to have a Lada navigation system.
Thanks for your reply, at least someone gets it. Forums can be very helpful and then you find people like Barry who just want to be cute.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Originally Posted by axel_wg

+1! Especially in the US!! Take a look at how an MB can be optioned in the R-O-W, and you'll see what I mean. Tis one of the main reasons I no longer have my ML.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ML350 Sport (W166) / SL500 (R230)
Originally Posted by gkgeiger
Will this Nav. (2015) show you the current speed limit? My $99 lifetime map Garmin does. Can't find anything in manual. If yes, how do I set it up to display? Thanks,
My ML displays the speed limit in the NAV screen and on the instrument cluster.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
It's coming and no it can't be retrofitted. (to the US)

Not only is it coming, but it is a bit more advanced then what is in your current Garmin PND. It uses both Navigation data and the multifunction camera which will help you control your speed (should you choose).

This is already in place in other markets.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
MFD and next change of direction

The MFD shows the next change of direction. See page 268 of your owners manual (in my case the 2014 ML350 Bluetec version). The multifunction display shows on top the distance to go for your trip and just below and to the right the next change of direction distance.

Say your in Amarillo, Tx and going to Ft Worth, Tx. You input your destination. Now the MFD shows you've 240 miles to your destination and also will show the next turn is in 223 miles which is Wichita Falls, Tx. And after you get through Wichita Falls it will show the next turnoff distance in lieu of the old 223 miles.

The most important thing is having the command 'Next Rest Area' show the next place to ****. I miss having that on my CL (older car).
Attached Thumbnails Speed limit displayed?-change-directon-milage.jpg  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:25 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2017 GLS 350d
My 2013 ML350 BT also displays the speed limit within the nav screen. It takes its data from 2 things: actual road signs (there is a camera behind the inner rear mirror) and map data if there has been no road sign for a while. I find it quite efficient, it is even able to read most of the warning messages showing under the speed limit road signs, and in different languages! I currently live in Italy and it would read it, then show me the translated version on my dash and NAV screen.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 ML350 Bluetec, '16 Subaru Legacy; '94 Toyota Pickup
I'm glad NAV improvements are coming but I agree with axel wg. I almost never use my Mercedes Navigation except sometimes to see upcoming rest stops etc. I use Waze on my smartphone. Although that doesn't tell the speed limit either which would be a desirable improvement that my Tom Tom has had for years.