M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Tracking my GLE delivery?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smart
Tracking my GLE delivery?

I placed an order for a GLE 350 back in June and I was wondering if there's anything I could ask for that would allow me to track its completion and delivery on my own without having to bother my dealer out of anxiety.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
No - the dealer will have a scheduled production date - then system will show completed production - then it will show going into "VPC" for final check and/or VPC added accessories - then it will show released to shipping - etc... each benchmark at the factory - then when released to shipping dealer can estimate ETA based on past experience - no tracking during shipping ..
Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 PM

smart
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
No - the dealer will have a scheduled production date - then system will show completed production - then it will show going into "VPC" for final check and/or VPC added accessories - then it will show released to shipping - etc... each benchmark at the factory - then when released to shipping dealer can estimate ETA based on past experience - no tracking during shipping ..
Thanks!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Your order is identified in the system by the factory PO# -

If you don't have that from your dealer - you can PM me the dealer name - city - model # - and factory MSRP - I can pull it up from that when I have the chance Monday.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:36 PM

smart
Your order is identified in the system by the factory PO# -

If you don't have that from your dealer - you can PM me the dealer name - city - model # - and factory MSRP - I can pull it up from that when I have the chance Monday.
Thanks for the offer! I have my PO# though. I'm just the type of person who likes to incessantly refresh the UPS delivery page until more info shows up. I'll just have to write my dealer since I can't look up the status on my own.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:45 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Not to stray off topic but can an E or S-class (or any other still built in Germany) be tracked as it's built and shipped? That was one of the fun parts of ordering my BMW, being able to track it's progress as it was built (paint, etc), then knowing when it got on a boat and tracking the boat across the pond.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Once on board the boat - with vessle name you can use online AIS to track the boat..
Old 07-14-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
Once on board the boat - with vessle name you can use online AIS to track the boat..
Yep, my Lexus dealer would show me paperwork to get the vessel name and you could track where ever it was in the world. I even took the boat down the St. Johns to see the vessel land at the Toyota prep/storage yard. It took days to drive all the vehicles off the vessel.