Help with order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Help with order

I got a few question that maybe others can help with. I'm looking at ordering my wife a new GLE Coupe (GLE450C4) and was curious to know about others opinions on a few of the options (I'm posting this here because I did not see a GLE section).
1. I would like to add the larger 22 inch rims ($1250) but when you do, you have to get the $2910 option Active Curve System. So is the Active Curve System worth it? Does it make that big of a difference in the way the car handles and rides (smoother or rougher)? Who has it installed on a SUV and what is your opinion of it? Now remember, this is going to be my wife's daily driver and our family trip car so its not going to be driven wild, hard, or act like a race car other than the occasional barbaric overtaking of the idiot drive who cannot drive in front of us. So actually if I want the wheels, they are a $4160 option.
2. The next question has to do with rear seat entertainment. We have a 3 yr old and I'm looking at the $1950 rear system or just the $170 pre-wiring. I really only need one rear entertainment system/screen. How much control from the front seat passenger or driver seats does the anyone have over the rear seat entertainment (stopping, starting, pausing movies)? Or, if I just get the pre-wiring, can just about any reputable installation shop install a rear system and the system operate similar to the $1950 rear system? Or is it just best to find a good aftermarket system? I just want to have control from the front seat (starting a movie, pausing a movie, stopping a movie).
3. Multicolor ambient lighting ($310). I don't care about having different colors, but if I do not buy this, does it also delete the nice amber/yellow lighting that is under the dash and I have had standard on my 2014 E350, 2010 E63, and 2008 E350? These interior lights work great.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 PM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
1. Family car = skip 22s.
2. Get ipads.
3. $310 is a steal. Get it. You may not care for it but your wife will. In the ML it also adds lit kick plates.
4. Use more paragraphs. At least you numbered your items.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 27T
1. Family car = skip 22s.
2. Get ipads.
3. $310 is a steal. Get it. You may not care for it but your wife will. In the ML it also adds lit kick plates.
4. Use more paragraphs. At least you numbered your items.
Haha. My wife says I use to many numbers, first off, secondly, therefore, next, and so too much. She says it sounds too mean, impersonal, and "cop'ish."
Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 450
I ordered a gle coupe as well, and skipped the 22's because of the active curve upgrade $s and didn't want to deal with summer/winter tire swaps. I've always had larger after market wheels, and can't remember how many times I've bent them. This time I'm going for a nicer ride, over the looks. That, and one day down the road maybe I'll get the 22's off eBay or something w/out the active curve.

I didn't choose the ambient lighting because I was already over my planned budget (who was I kidding) and opted for tow hitch, and massage seats. Looking back, I probably should have just added it for $310, but I felt it was a good choice to leave it off at the time.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
2. The next question has to do with rear seat entertainment. We have a 3 yr old and I'm looking at the $1950 rear system or just the $170 pre-wiring. I really only need one rear entertainment system/screen. How much control from the front seat passenger or driver seats does the anyone have over the rear seat entertainment (stopping, starting, pausing movies)? Or, if I just get the pre-wiring, can just about any reputable installation shop install a rear system and the system operate similar to the $1950 rear system? Or is it just best to find a good aftermarket system? I just want to have control from the front seat (starting a movie, pausing a movie, stopping a movie).
Pre-wiring only works w/ the MB rear seat systems. I would either order the setup from the factory, which can be controlled from the front, or just go w/ an ipad.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by skw
Pre-wiring only works w/ the MB rear seat systems. I would either order the setup from the factory, which can be controlled from the front, or just go w/ an ipad.
Thanks. I'm was leaning towards an ipad but I just wanted an easy way to control it from the front seat and didnt know if there was an easy way with the prewiring.