M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Has anyone tried Philips HID kids?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350
Has anyone tried Philips HID kids?

Looking for a HID kit for my 2012 ML350. Philips has a nice kit and they claim is designed to work well with the Benz and prevent flickering and errors. Has anyone given this a try?

http://www.philipsxenon.com/mercedes...id-p-1256.html
Old 10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
If interested, we have top shelf Morimoto H7 XB35 Elite HID kits that are plug and play for your ML. We've deployed them on hundred of MBs. No flickering and errors and offered in 5000K (pure white) and 6000K (white with a slight bluish hue).

http://www.aznoptics.com/index.php?m...products_id=65

http://www.aznoptics.com/index.php?m...products_id=67
The following users liked this post:
thevj (01-22-2020)
Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 AM

2012 ML350
Any one have experience with their ML and HID? Looking to hear from members who've had their kits for a while and are trouble free. There are few options it seems.

Philips HID kit
Xenon Supply kit
Morimoto kit

I am not looking to try different sets and spend money for trial and error.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ML350
I can vouch for Xenon Supply kits. Have had mine without any major issues.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by snaoum
Any one have experience with their ML and HID? Looking to hear from members who've had their kits for a while and are trouble free. There are few options it seems.

Philips HID kit
Xenon Supply kit
Morimoto kit

I am not looking to try different sets and spend money for trial and error.
I just got done with the install of the MOrimoto x35 5k bulb this wk. I've been driving here and there on lit city highways and streets on both clear and rainy nights and here's my 2 cents: while the halogen headlights were atrocious, replacing the bulb with a HID kit gets you just that. It is NOWHERE in the realm of what I imagine the OEM xenons to be so if that's your goal, temper it. There is no comparison in the amount of visibility between these and my xenons on my Range Rover or even from the halogen headlights on my e46 from 15 yrs ago...the design of these projectors are just THAT bad.

While you get brighter lights from the kit, the spread pattern leaves a lot left to be desired. I still feel the HID kit is the bare minimum necessary upgrade to the headlights. Better would be to retrofit the whole housing with better projectors, and best would be retrofitting OEM xenons.

Quality of the kit itself is top notch. The ballast and can bus are solid and all the wiring is covered in braided sleeping. Installation was relatively simple..no need to cut the dust covers...every part of the kit was shoved inside the low beam housing(that was the hardest part). I have no fault codes, no flickering and it takes about five seconds to warm up to the full 5k white. I leave the headlight lever on auto, and have been trouble free from the day of install; a few days.

I bought these from a board sponsor, Azn optics, and am confident that if any issues happen to arise, he'll back up his merchandise.

Last edited by Shogunade; 11-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:54 AM

2012 ML350
I am using the same kit, Morimoto from retrofit source. Works great, except during dusk, right size flickers when applying the brake. Going to try a different can bus.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:59 AM

2012 ML350
Got a new can bus and the right side still turns on and off when applying the brake. Again this only happens at dawn and dusk when lights automatically come on. Does not do it at night.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:25 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Shogunade
I just got done with the install of the MOrimoto x35 5k bulb this wk. I've been driving here and there on lit city highways and streets on both clear and rainy nights and here's my 2 cents: while the halogen headlights were atrocious, replacing the bulb with a HID kit gets you just that. It is NOWHERE in the realm of what I imagine the OEM xenons to be so if that's your goal, temper it. There is no comparison in the amount of visibility between these and my xenons on my Range Rover or even from the halogen headlights on my e46 from 15 yrs ago...the design of these projectors are just THAT bad.

While you get brighter lights from the kit, the spread pattern leaves a lot left to be desired. I still feel the HID kit is the bare minimum necessary upgrade to the headlights. Better would be to retrofit the whole housing with better projectors, and best would be retrofitting OEM xenons.

Quality of the kit itself is top notch. The ballast and can bus are solid and all the wiring is covered in braided sleeping. Installation was relatively simple..no need to cut the dust covers...every part of the kit was shoved inside the low beam housing(that was the hardest part). I have no fault codes, no flickering and it takes about five seconds to warm up to the full 5k white. I leave the headlight lever on auto, and have been trouble free from the day of install; a few days.

I bought these from a board sponsor, Azn optics, and am confident that if any issues happen to arise, he'll back up his merchandise.
I'll be installing the same kit tomorrow. Good to hear you were able to fit everything into the housing. How did you get the base of the new HID bulb to fit with the metal clip that turns and holds the bulb in place?
Old 02-03-2016, 03:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
13 ml 350 palladium silver, 14 grand cherokee overland hemi
I have this kit on my 13 works like factory.

Originally Posted by skw
I'll be installing the same kit tomorrow. Good to hear you were able to fit everything into the housing. How did you get the base of the new HID bulb to fit with the metal clip that turns and holds the bulb in place?
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-class-w166/613918-aftermarket-hid-problem-solved.html