M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Engine sounds loud while in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML 350 4 matic
Engine sounds loud while in park

Helo i have a 2015 ml 350 4 matic with only 1500 miles practically brand new. I did not push it hard in the break in period but i did take it up a few hills with necessary power and high rpm acceleration. When i am in park the engine sounds a bit loud nothing crazy but not how it sounded when i bought it. Do you think it was how i drove it during the break in period or is this sound okay and normal.

Last edited by Mattbetz; 10-24-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:23 AM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Originally Posted by Mattbetz
Helo i have a 2015 ml 350 4 matic with only 1500 miles practically brand new. I did not push it hard in the break in period but i did take it up a few hills with necessary power and high rpm acceleration. When i am in park the engine sounds a bit loud nothing crazy but not how it sounded when i bought it. Do you think it was how i drove it during the break in period or is this sound okay and normal.
You did not break anything so don't worry about that. There's a chance that there could be defect but I doubt that.

You might not be comparing apples to apples. Different times of day will have varying ambient sound levels so that can make the car seem louder. Also parking next to a wall or car will bounce the sounds of it and amplify.

It is likely that you misremember.

If you are sure that there's something different then take it to the dealer.