M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Can one tell visually whether an ML has Active Curve?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
Can one tell visually whether an ML has Active Curve?

Currently researching for a purchase and viewing lots of photos online. I definitely want Active Curve Control but most online written descriptions are hopelessly inadequate. Is there any way to visually identify whether an ML550 is equipped with Active Curve Control? It is my understanding ACC requires the addition of Airmatic suspension, which is easily identified by the controls on the center console (please correct me if I am wrong) so that's a good place to start, but are there any other visual indicators the truck has ACC, short of crawling under it to eyeball the anti-roll bars? Maybe the hydraulic fluid reservoir is easily visible in the engine bay?
Old 05-15-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML350 BlueTec
I just got a CPO 2013 ML350 Bluetec that has Active Curve Control with HID as an option. DOnt know if its standard on ML550.

I dont believe that are any controls to turn it on or off. With HID, there is only one projector. When I turn the car on, the head lights make auto adjustments by shining up, down, left, right. You can confirm this by standing outside and having someone turn on the car. The projector will actually move.

I seldom drive on pitch dark roads, so its nice to have,but not necessary or super affective.