W166 Rear Seat Headphones + Command Engineering Menu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML 350 4Matic Gas
W166 Rear Seat Headphones + Command Engineering Menu

Hello all,

I have a 2014 ML 350 with rear seat entertainment. I bought a pair of OEM headphones new in factory packaging on eBay for $50 last week. They haven't arrived yet, but, I have been researching how to connect them to the car. The existing threads on COMMAND secret engineering menus don't go into detail on how to connect headphones. Although these existing threads are full of great info!!

There has to be a way to do this at home...

I have accessed the Engineering Menus in COMMAND and located a setting under 7.17 Headphone Setting. Unfortunately at this time it is grayed out.

Questions:
1. Is it grayed out because I don't own a pair of headphones yet? Makes sense, but, there are a lot of grayed out menu options.
2. If I have a pair of headphones in the car with fresh batteries will the menu item become accessible? If not, how do I make 7.17 an accessible menu item?
3. If I am no where near the right path to get this done with menu item 7.17, can someone out there give me some guidance? Alternatively, anyone have the pages that cover this out of a service manual?
4. Does anyone use non-OEM wireless headphones with the Rear Seat Entertainment system?

THANK YOU!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 11:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
2007 C350 2015 ML400 1968 Ford Mustang
I am not aware of any method other than using the Xentry diagnostic system. If you don't have this it requires a trip to the dealer. If another method exists, I am interested.

Also, you should be able to use non-OEM headphones that use Kleer lossless technology.

Last edited by jrsmith_68; 06-15-2016 at 11:53 PM.