M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

ML550 2014 V8 Biturbo Exhaust?

Old 11-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550 V8 BiTurbo
ML550 2014 V8 Biturbo Exhaust?

Hello,
Not sure why they decided to hide the tailpipes. Wonder if anyone could recommend some after market exhaust treatment, brands, cost pics etc that I may want to add on, but look factory. Not too bold. Clean and neat. Not looking for performance purposes, but rather aesthetics.
Thanks..
Old 11-02-2016, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
They hid the tailpipes because it's an elegant SUV for mature grown-ups, not a ricer made to appeal to teenagers and rednecks. Here are a couple of suggestions for you to consider (while you're presumably also thinking about marrying your sister)...

Seriously kid, if that's the look you're after, you bought the wrong car. Please don't molest it and get a BMW X6 or a GLE coupe instead... both are so vulgar out of the factory that you don't need to do anything to either one to achieve the desired effect.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:31 PM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
Ok so this is the type of response I get from Mercedes owners. What a bunch of jerkoffs lol.
you clearly did not read my question. Simply looking for a clean factory look. Nevermind...
Old 11-02-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Originally Posted by MIchaelvg1
Hello,
Not sure why they decided to hide the tailpipes. Wonder if anyone could recommend some after market exhaust treatment, brands, cost pics etc that I may want to add on, but look factory. Not too bold. Clean and neat. Not looking for performance purposes, but rather aesthetics.
Thanks..
Like you I like the exposed tail pipes, which I know come on the ML63, but may also come on any ML that have the optional AMG exterior package. Not sure. It is possible to just retro fit that bumper to your ML . I know there was a person on this site who had the AMG rocker panels on his ML550, these are different from the standard black ones or the step side ones. The AMG are painted the same color as the car. I think he still has them for sale. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Oh, I read your question all right - maybe you should re-read it yourself. You already *have* the clean factory look... with no exhaust pipe(s) to break up the rear, it can't possibly get any cleaner than what you've already got. And, you want after market exhaust treatment that doesn't look aftermarket, which is an oxymoron - short of Mercedes redesigning the rear end for you, that is. Or were these particular tidbits lost on you?

As for your relative lack of taste... it's your car, so If you want to rice it out, it's certainly your right - but please don't ask people to aid you with your juvenile request and then call them jerkoffs when they point out that you are being juvenile. My reply was the only one here at the time yet your response was "what a bunch of jerkoffs", so I guess other Mercedes owners have probably said somethign similar. I mean, did you ever even think to ask yourself why there aren't a dozen aftermarket exhausts for the ML? And, with all of your five posts, you calling someone a jerkoff says a lot more about you than it does about them. Yes, you are an immature little twerp. Either grow up or move on.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:44 AM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
Kid. Go Fu** yourself. How's that for maturity.
They put the exhaust back on the new ones dick so obviously it was a marketing decision based on preference and feedback. So yes I've dropped about 30 years to tell you what I think. Listen. Dismiss yourself from this conversation. Was interested in people's experience, thoughts and or recommendations. Then you come in with a judgement.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350
I would think a GLE rear bumper would fit and like you said that does have the exhaust tips in it.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:16 AM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
Thanks
Old 11-03-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML550
Diabolis IS AN IDIOT

Originally Posted by Diabolis
Oh, I read your question all right - maybe you should re-read it yourself. You already *have* the clean factory look... with no exhaust pipe(s) to break up the rear, it can't possibly get any cleaner than what you've already got. And, you want after market exhaust treatment that doesn't look aftermarket, which is an oxymoron - short of Mercedes redesigning the rear end for you, that is. Or were these particular tidbits lost on you?

As for your relative lack of taste... it's your car, so If you want to rice it out, it's certainly your right - but please don't ask people to aid you with your juvenile request and then call them jerkoffs when they point out that you are being juvenile. My reply was the only one here at the time yet your response was "what a bunch of jerkoffs", so I guess other Mercedes owners have probably said somethign similar. I mean, did you ever even think to ask yourself why there aren't a dozen aftermarket exhausts for the ML? And, with all of your five posts, you calling someone a jerkoff says a lot more about you than it does about them. Yes, you are an immature little twerp. Either grow up or move on.

If Diabolis has ever done anything to modify a car, then he himself is a walking contradiction and should be banned from posting derogatory and ignorant remarks. The ML series originally had visible exhaust went a while without it and... wait for it... Oh, yeah they realized that was a terrible idea and now they are back to having visible exhaust. All the while during their years of hidden exhaust on the grocery-go-getters, the AMG, also V8 Bi Turbo(yes before you say anything I know it's a different engine) HAS VISIBLE EXHAUST. So by your statement "it's an elegant SUV for mature grown ups," are you saying any visible exhaust (to include almost all Mercedes stock lineup) is for ricers and rednecks?
You know what, don't answer that. Don't reply.
If someone wants to post on here about modifying their car, we must give them the benefit of the doubt, that they have the best of intentions of keeping in line with mercedes class and wish to keep their car looking elegant. It's not like Michaelvg1 was saying, "I've got an old C-class 4 banger the I want to put exhaust tips on." He owns a great classy, fast, vehicle that produces 402hp and 442ft/lbs of torque. Nothing wrong with asking about moding exhaust.
And I agree with Snaoum, GLE bumper or AMG ML55 bumper would look completely fine, elegant, and classy. Send pics if you decide to do so! And other members, join in on keeping negative posers... I mean posters out of MB World.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:41 AM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
Thanks my friend. I appreciate it
Old 11-03-2016, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MIchaelvg1
Kid. Go Fu** yourself. How's that for maturity.
They put the exhaust back on the new ones dick so obviously it was a marketing decision based on preference and feedback. So yes I've dropped about 30 years to tell you what I think. Listen. Dismiss yourself from this conversation. Was interested in people's experience, thoughts and or recommendations. Then you come in with a judgement.

Wow - you've definitely reached new heights here. Is that how your parents talk to you? You're just making my point for me - and if you don't want comments contrary to what you want to hear, go back to the rock you crawled out from under and don't post in public forums. You buy your first Benz, and your only contribution is how do I mod this or that... and when various people tell you that you're being an immature kid, your reply is to tell them off. I'm sure you'll get pretty far in life.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG
What a *****. I guess the ML63 is rice? Or the GLE? The guy didn't come on here asking for some "mad tyte exhaust yo". Your response, "diabolis" was unwarranted and the most immature post I've seen on this forum.
The following users liked this post:
sparky123 (08-23-2017)
Old 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350
I will add that most likely an ML63 AMG will not fit due to it being wider I believe. a GLE or even aftermarket AMG style that's out there would work.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Allen77
If Diabolis has ever done anything to modify a car, then he himself is a walking contradiction and should be banned from posting derogatory and ignorant remarks. The ML series originally had visible exhaust went a while without it and... wait for it... Oh, yeah they realized that was a terrible idea and now they are back to having visible exhaust. All the while during their years of hidden exhaust on the grocery-go-getters, the AMG, also V8 Bi Turbo(yes before you say anything I know it's a different engine) HAS VISIBLE EXHAUST. So by your statement "it's an elegant SUV for mature grown ups," are you saying any visible exhaust (to include almost all Mercedes stock lineup) is for ricers and rednecks?
You know what, don't answer that. Don't reply.
If someone wants to post on here about modifying their car, we must give them the benefit of the doubt, that they have the best of intentions of keeping in line with mercedes class and wish to keep their car looking elegant. It's not like Michaelvg1 was saying, "I've got an old C-class 4 banger the I want to put exhaust tips on." He owns a great classy, fast, vehicle that produces 402hp and 442ft/lbs of torque. Nothing wrong with asking about moding exhaust.
And I agree with Snaoum, GLE bumper or AMG ML55 bumper would look completely fine, elegant, and classy. Send pics if you decide to do so! And other members, join in on keeping negative posers... I mean posters out of MB World.
There is a HUGE difference between an AMG and an ML. One is a sports car, while the other is an SUV for grown-ups - two very different purposes. Now, yes, there are people like Mr. Maturity here, and seeing as his money is as good as anyone else's, Mercedes has built an abomination or two in the form of an AMG SUV to take their money as well, but they are certainly not confusing profit with taste and slapping quad tailpipes to their entire product line.

Now, seeing as you seem to be able to have a mature conversation even when it involves an opinion different from yours, please do tell me what in my posts is ignorant and derogatory? The fact that ricing out an ML is a redneck thing to do? I maintain that it is... actually, both the ML63 and G63 are outright vulgar. Normal people without excess emotional baggage will never buy either one. They only exist to separate Mr. Maturity from his money.

As for my modding, I have definitely modded my share of cars all right, in addition to the numerous race cars I've built... but with one key difference, namely that none of none of the mods were either purely cosmetic, and furthermore, if they did add something visually to the car, it was always in line with the intended purpose of the vehicle. As I said, the AMG SUVs are abominations by definition... you don't start with a 2.5 ton truck if you want to go fast. You start with a lighter and lower vehicle, and use the truck for the trip to your cottage and to tow the race car with to the track. Putting on cosmetic "sporty" mods on an ML550 is exactly the same as putting in woodgrain trim, comfy seats and a killer stereo in a Ferrari F40. I am sure that according to some people's (lack of) logic and taste, that's perfectly fine as well... but asking everyone to go along with them and then getting their knickers in a twist when someone else says that they are being idiots is not cool.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NickW
What a *****. I guess the ML63 is rice? Or the GLE? The guy didn't come on here asking for some "mad tyte exhaust yo". Your response, "diabolis" was unwarranted and the most immature post I've seen on this forum.
The ML63 (and G63) is not only riced out, it is outright vulgar. It's an abomination made for people with serious emotional issues that are compensating for some inadequacy problem. As for the maturity of my posts, feel free to search through them, and then do the same for you noobs... I am sure a pattern will emerge.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:28 PM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
Omg. This clown is still acting like a baby.
Like I said all - Thanks for those suggestions. I'll check out. Not looking for anything crazy or performance improvements. Just a "modest" visual to the rear end. I'll take a look at those options at Mercedes.

Again - For those that shared suggestions and backed me up. Thank you.

For the individual that had nothing nice to say - di**
Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Diabolis
The ML63 (and G63) is not only riced out, it is outright vulgar. It's an abomination made for people with serious emotional issues that are compensating for some inadequacy problem. As for the maturity of my posts, feel free to search through them, and then do the same for you noobs... I am sure a pattern will emerge.
You are truly ignorant. And quite full of yourself. It's laughable.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NickW
You are truly ignorant. And quite full of yourself. It's laughable.

Really? Enlighten me... please?
Old 11-03-2016, 01:39 PM

ML550 V8 BiTurbo
For those interested -
It's a very cool ride, sleeper. And a nice family car ..
Some "Modest" exhaust would work well without misrepresenting the vehicles purpose or performance..
Attached Thumbnails ML550 2014 V8 Biturbo Exhaust?-fullsizerender.jpg   ML550 2014 V8 Biturbo Exhaust?-fullsizerender-2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Diabolis have you ever owned..driven or even rode in an ML63 like mine tuned by Renntech to 650 hp ?...It fits in my garage nicely beside my 750 whp Turbo S and ZR1 and provides outstanding performance and comfort for winter driving duties..you see the theme here ?

Last edited by Nanook; 11-03-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Oh and just for kicks here's Frank's (ML 63 AMG engine builders name) siblings

Old 11-03-2016, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nanook... while sport SUVs are definitely not my thing, I nonetheless concur that if you are going to get one, then the x63 (or a Cayenne Turbo S) is the right SUV to start with and that whatever mods you do to it should add somethign to the vehicle (like a Renntech tune for example). However, I see in your sig that that you also have an RX350. I think you'll concur that modding it to make it look more aggressive (especially without getting any kind of performance increase out of the mod) is completely out of character. How is adding a rear end with visible exhaust ports on an ML550 any different? It's akin to adding a rear spoiler on an S-class. It's just not right.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well the RX350 is my wife's..I would not drive one myself so/and certainly would not mod it

But I will admit years ago I modded my Escalade with a super charger, lowering springs and Baer big brake kit..and composite hood..it's just who I am..call it rice if you will it was a catchy ricemobile then..

Old 11-03-2016, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Back to the OP question..I know there is a ki available from a European tuner..don't recall their name but do a search..they have the complete bumper/exhaust..I'll look
Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like this
http://www.*********.com/showthread....xhaust-Upgrade

or this

http://tuningempire.com.au/blog/ipe-...stems-germany/

or this

http://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/mer...bo-v8-12-.aspx

Last edited by Nanook; 11-03-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.