About harman kardon in my 2013 ml

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml 2013
About harman kardon in my 2013 ml

hey guys i want to get into topic fast

My harman kardon sound system bass/subwoofer housing was completely broken and i had to change it but i believe my woofer is still working and i bought new bass and got it installed in my car and took my old bass (only speaker side) so my question is bass is on left side and i have a small pocket on right side I want to install spare bass to the pocket at the right side, do you think I would need a another amplifier or something else to install that or if I make a extention cable to my main bass and use with main one does it work with out any power lose? Thank you for your answers from now (I dont any have idea about sound system, need your advices)
Old 11-19-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
Amplifiers and woofers are closely matched...often if a single woofer is used it is 4 ohms to maximize power transfer. Adding another woofer in parallel would cause the impedance to drop too low...causing excessive power draw...overheating and failure. I can recommend 2 solutions. Change both woofers to 8 ohms and you will have the same load....but power would be the same and get no louder. To best use both woofers you would need to add an additional amplifier...which could be used to drive both subs. You may benefit by removing sub responsibilities from the main amp...or it could blow up as the sub channel now unloaded.

PS...I am a JL audio dealer and love my factory HK...I have enough audio projects and don't need my car as one too.

Last edited by Waykool plantz; 11-19-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
I have Mark Levinson in my RX350 Lexus...Burmester in my Porsche Turbo S and Harman Kardon in my ML63...the latter being my fav
Old 11-20-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE 350 4matic-Porsche Cayman
I am loving the HK in mine.
I do not think human ears can tell where the sub bass is coming from [thus only one sub is needed]. The mids and highs are directional. I can easily hear the direction there.