Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ml350
Exclamation Please help asap before I do something dumb

I'm new here I have a
2015 S550 4mattic
2014 c350 4mattic
And my recent purchase for the extra harsh winters here in NY
2013 ML350 4 mattic
But I'm looking to convert over from the dull stock xenon bulbs over to a LED build kit but I don't know where to start of corse I want to keep it where it doesn't void my warranty and also burn my wire harnessing also have any bad notification lights on my cluster pop up but where do I buy such a kit and also I don't want them extremely bright like 9k output I would like stock "hid look" like on my other Mercedes cars I've look d around and they have different wattages and so forth I don't want to buy something that exceeds the maximum wattage and burn my wires or headlamp assembly also kits with fans on the bulbs some don't have them I've seen some with "canbus" here's a pic of the specs for the bulb I was told to buy that would "fit" my car lol
So any help adap would be greatly appreciated
I live in NYC born and raised so if anyone local 2 that would be great
Thanks everyone
Attached Thumbnails Please help asap before I do something dumb-img_5354.png  
Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
I believe you meant to say 'Halogen' rather than 'xenon'! In any event, if you do a search on here, there are quite a few headlight improvement threads. I happen to be one of those minority that is not impressed with the aftermarket HID's /lighting as most tend to blind oncoming traffic, as their 'cut-offs' are too high, or not there at all. LEDs are still new in the marketplace...
Good luck with your search.... I believe you will find something, but guessing they will come at a price, for decent stuff anyways..!

Last edited by Koenig1; 01-05-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE350d, Porsche TE
as mentioned above If you actually have Xenon, leave it alone.

If you have halogens, you want to stick with a kit that people have used succesfully on ML, places like xenondepot can point you in right direction as you may need cancellers as well.

LED's even though lots of light from some LED bulbs, you may want to stick with Xenon in the 4300- 5000k color range as it's best bang for the buck.

Also, if you have halogens, existing projector lens not designed for LED or Xenon so adjust acordingly so cutoff does not interfere with incoming traffic as Koenig1 mentioned.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
Are there places that do all the work for you in terms of installing aftermarket HIDs for your ML350? I'm not handy with electronics, and would prefer to leave it up to the pros.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
Originally Posted by wafen1786
But I'm looking to convert over from the dull stock xenon bulbs over to a LED build kit but I don't know where to start of corse I want to keep it where it doesn't void my warranty and also burn my wire harnessing also have any bad notification lights on my cluster pop up but where do I buy such a kit and also I don't want them extremely bright like 9k output I would like stock "hid look" like on my other Mercedes cars I've look d around and they have different wattages and so forth I don't want to buy something that exceeds the maximum wattage and burn my wires or headlamp assembly also kits with fans on the bulbs some don't have them I've seen some with "canbus" here's a pic of the specs for the bulb I was told to buy that would "fit" my car lol
So any help adap would be greatly appreciated
I live in NYC born and raised so if anyone local 2 that would be great
Thanks everyone
If you are looking at H7 LED bulbs, then you have halogen bulbs, not Xenon. Unless you buy the factory LED headlight housings, LED will not cast a beam as far as Xenon but it should still be an improvement over the halogens. The bulb you are looking at is 6500K kelvin, which is on the white/blue side, it will not do well in wet road condition, you want something around 5000k. Like others have said, your best bet is to buy an aftermarket HID kit with cancellators, xenon depot or Morimoto make good kits. As with any modifications you make in your car, it will void the headlight portion of the warranty of the dealer can prove that is it the modification that cause the problem.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
All valid suggestions above. You can get one of the Morimoto HID kits from any number of suppliers (including AZN here on MBWorld) and have it installed at any indie MB shop. And yes, you will void any remaining warranty on the electrical system on the car.