Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome New Members

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.78 average.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Passat 2.0T Sport/Lux Package
Hi my name is Michael and I am hoping to own a C43 amg if I can ever find the right one. Been looking for about 4 months now with no luck.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:16 PM

2004 E55 AMG Renntech
New to Me E55

First off I would like to thank you and the members for providing such and excellent resource. I have consulted this forum many times prior to making my recent purchase.

I have acquired a 2004 E55 AMG pictured below:

The car has a Renntech carbon fiber intakes, throttle body, headers, long pipes, pulleys and Renntech altered the computer.

I just turned over 100,000 miles on my first trip with the car as you can see from the photo above.

I purchased the vehicle from someone that works for me and it seems to be in excellent condition other than a few issues.

On my first trip in the car from Jacksonville, FL to West Palm Beach I blew a rear tire on the trip back and had to wait over night for a replacement. The front tires are new but rear tires were in such bad condition it was really a risk but I wanted to run it through its paces since I drive long distance highway mile all the time. Anyways I nursed it back home and replaced the other rear once I was in town.

I have since had the local dealership do a service and inspection on the car this is their "recommended action plan":

Red Items:
Engine Mounts - Replace Engine Mounts
Transmission Mounts - Replace Transmission Mounts
Wiper Blades - Replace Wiper Blades (I did this with service.)
Battery Test - Replace front battery. (I did this with service.)
Front Suspention - Replace both lower ball joints.
Inspect Engine for Oil Leaks - Replace both valve cover gaskets. Replace both valve cover vent chambers.
Tire Tread Depth - Replace left rear tire. (I did this with service.)

Yellow Items:
Wheel Bearing Free Play - Repack / adjust front wheel bearings.
Brake Fluid Level / Condition - Flush Brake Fluid
Horn Operation - Replace Both Horns (REALLY? SOUNDS LIKE BS TO ME)
Front Brake Lining Thickness - 5mm
Rear Diff. Fluid, Condition and Leaks - Replace Left Rear Axel Seal

I had an error message once on the air ride system and they told me I needed to replace the following as well:
Airmatic Pump and Sensor
Front Lower Support Panel
Airmatic Fuse and Relay
Left Front Acceleration Sensor

Total of all this is $5,400.00 a 1/4 of what I paid for the car and it runs fine so I am calling BS on some things.

I am going to repost this in the W211 forum it prolly belongs there and I will see what they say.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM

CL 500 2002
Originally Posted by Rock
Welcome to MBWorld and enjoy your stay. There is a wealth of information on this board and many helpful members. Our community is passionate about Mercedes Benz automobiles and we hope you feel the same way. Please take some time to explore our forums and learn even more about the cars you love. If you have any questions, never be afraid to ask.

Please feel free to introduce yourself in this section.

Enjoy!!

MBWorld Staff
Hi, Ross based in Ft Lauderdale and I have a 2002 CL 500 for sale. Black on Black.
Private sellers. Hope it goes to a good home.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM

1993 220e estate
Hi from Norway

Jan from Bergen, Norway here. Newbie on the forum.

I always have had a soft sport for MB. Grew up in the back seat of an 180B pontoon in the late sixties, and have owned a 123-series, along with many other cars, mainly german and italian.

I’m saving up to buy a sail boat (35-40 ft) and decided not to spend too much on a "new" car when our old Skoda started to fall apart big time.

So I bought a late 1993 w124 (e220) the last of my favourite, old school Mercedes-models.

I’ve been driving this 340K km manual estate for half a year now. The car is nice, hardly any rust, good engine, strong brakes, quiet gear box and OK suspension.

I bought new Conti winter and summer tires, changed the erratic interior fan, fixed a wheel bearing and the centre exhaust. Plus added a full rust proofing treatment from a ML-expert. Well spent money in a 3000 mm/year town with winter roads covered in brine.

All this (well, not the bearing) I knew had to be done when I bought the car, good points for a 50 percent haggling on the asking price. The seller was a nice bloke, but an optimist when it comes to second hand car prices :-)

The Merc still needs some tlc, I must ged rid of some electric gremlins and fix the broken sun roof. Otherwise the car feels better than most second hand cars costing 8-10 times more!

Take care of these old quality cars, folks!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome New Members-merc.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM

Hi, my name is Steve and I live near chicago. I recently purchased my 1st benz. E55 it is a fast smooth riding car and gets plenty of looks. Looking forward to gaining knowledge on this site.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:20 PM

X166 GL500
X166 GL500

Hello all. I have just joined. I am Hamish from Brisbane, Australia. I have just taken ownership of a 2013 GL500 (X166). I previously owned a 2006 GL500 which I had for 5 years and loved it so much I wanted to stay with the same model. A massive difference with the new model and an amazing car.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 AM

1995 Mercedes E320
Hi Everyone! I"m Lori. I am absolutely in love with my 1995 E20 that I was lucky enough to find last August. After lurking on your forums this morning, I decided to join. Great group.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM

Land Rover Disco

Hi there guys,
I run Arlington Motorcar Service here in Tysons Corner VA.

NO, This is not SPAM. We work on many MBs. I joined up for a few reasons.
Firstly cos' I just got the wiring diagram for the Innotech exhaust system for the C63 AMG.
I came across this site when looking for same. It would appear that Innotech forgets to include this with the product. You can Email me for a PDF if you would like a copy (see profile) or, with the sites permission, I will upload a PDF to the site if your 'head guy' would allow/like.
I'm off now to take a look at all you's posts to pick your brains.
Thanks, Bill Woodard.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 PM

mercedes clk 430
Hi greetings from sunny Scotland lol. What a fantastic site this is! I just bought my-self a 2001 Clk 430 coupe with brabus suspension and lots of gadgets inside. I'm looking forward to adding a few features to personalize the car and make it my own. Keep up the good work MB lovers this site will be a godsend.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM

1999 e320 4matic
Hi, my name is Mark. I live in Saint Paul, MN. I've used this useful site enthusiastically so thought I should finally join.
1999 e320
1979 MGB
2012 Honda Accord (for the wife)
Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM

MB 450

Thanks for the kind words. Anticipating Sept. arrival of the new S class. Local dealer talked both my wife and I out of getting a pair of 2013's because of the new design and special features on the 14 models. Will appreciate any feedback that MB members might have on this vehicle. Thx
Old 05-18-2013, 08:41 PM

2013 Mercedes Benz C250
My Name is Jose, From Colonial Heights VA. I just bought a 2013 C250 with Sport package and I love it , it exceeds all my expectations. I tried the Y muffler modification with dual tips n the back. The sound is amazing, loud and deep sound, the only problem, my engine light came on, I reset the light with the OBDii scanner but the light keep comes back on. I took the car to a Mercedes Benz authorized dealer and they told me that if I bring the car to the Mercedes Benz dealer, they will VIOD the warranty. So I went back to the shop that did my muffler(MIDAS) they assured me that the work will not void any warrant , so they put my old muffler system back and returned my money. Now I want to ask those who did the Y modification what you guys did for the engine light.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:23 AM

2004 CL55 AMG
Greetings (and, what the heck, solicitations, too) from Cincinnati, OH.

My wife has been driving a 2001 SLK230 for about two years. I've been lusting after either an SLK55 or an SL500 since then. However, about two weeks ago an '04 CL55 AMG with 72K miles on it at a good price showed up during my weekly Benz-browse on Saturday morning, and I went for it.

After some shock (it's considerably larger than the Mustang Cobra I drove for the last ten years) I'm starting to become rather fond of it. I thought I'd made a major mistake due to some COMAND issues that the dealer misdiagnosed as needing about $5K in repairs (and, stupid me, I didn't realize until after the purchase that one does not simply walk into Mordor -- I mean simply replace a COMAND unit with an aftermarket head unit). But, after posting the issues to MBWorld, member Alx resolved all three major issues in one reply (less than an hour after posting, no less) that took about two hours and $5 to actually fix. That's right *$5*, not $5,000. The world is now set to rights and full of unicorns and gamboling puppy-dogs. Oh, yeah, I do tend to go on when writing.

Love the color (Tektite Gray) and I'll get some pictures up when I get her washed and waxed (it simply will NOT stop raining here).

The only mods I have in mind are possibly removing the resonators and definitely getting some flashier wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome New Members-lilbenz1.bmp   Welcome New Members-lilbenz2.bmp   Welcome New Members-lilbenz3.bmp  

Last edited by Htom_Sirveaux; 05-20-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add photos
Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM

04 SLK230 Special edition
Hi all,
My name is Greg from texas, I have a 2004 SLK230 special edition. It's in the body shop getting a Prior Design body kit put. Next, looking at performance up grades but with gas save features. Anybody out there with tips, I'm hear reading. Thanks all
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 AM

Clk320 99
Names Dali from Serbia at the moment!! Travelling through Europe in my great buy!! Purchased a clk 320 cabrio with many AMG options apart from the motor!!
Anyways just wanted to give the site a big thanks as its helped me heaps not to get ripped off when getting my car repaired and had failures with stuff!!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM

clk 350
Originally Posted by Rock
Welcome to MBWorld and enjoy your stay. There is a wealth of information on this board and many helpful members. Our community is passionate about Mercedes Benz automobiles and we hope you feel the same way. Please take some time to explore our forums and learn even more about the cars you love. If you have any questions, never be afraid to ask.

Please feel free to introduce yourself in this section.

Enjoy!!

MBWorld Staff
Hi. I live in France and have just got a clk320 from1999.
It has water coming in from the air filters when it rains?!
And the radio won't come on. It just says Radio OFF.
Can you help with these problems?
Thanks for any help.
Marie
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 AM

Ford F150
I think i will ultimate information here. As i love to find all information about automobiles
Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 AM

2001 E320 and 1995 E320CE Sportline
What's up ladies and gents name is Ralph and I own a '01 e320 sport and a '95 e320 ce sportline. Glad to join the group; long time overdue.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 PM

1991 E560 sec Cabriolet , 1995 E320
Second MB 1991 e560

working on 1991 e560 with 71,756 miles Cold start valve ,power window switch and the car had been smoked in.Welcome New Members-picture-191.jpg
Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM

e200 coupe 2013
hello,truing to post photos of my car here

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 AM

A200 AMG
Goodmorning, just bought my first personally owned Mercedes Benz and thought this is a hood place to join...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Ford F150
Thanks for letting me join this wonderful forum with its wealth of knowledge. I joined so I could ask some questions before purchasing my first MB. Hopefully I will find the right places to ask them.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM

2010 C250
Hey Guys,

I'm Kel and I'm new here. I just got a 2010 c250 4matic. looking forward to being active in the Benz world.

Cheers,
K
Old 05-26-2013, 07:16 AM

c55 amg 2005
hi
my name is mohammed from dubai
im new owner of 2005 c55 amg. and this is my first european car
before i was riding a corrvett and evo 10
but im really happy with my c55 amg
Attached Thumbnails Welcome New Members-img_3849.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:22 AM

c55 amg 2005
Originally Posted by BizarAdventure
First off I would like to thank you and the members for providing such and excellent resource. I have consulted this forum many times prior to making my recent purchase.

I have acquired a 2004 E55 AMG pictured below:

The car has a Renntech carbon fiber intakes, throttle body, headers, long pipes, pulleys and Renntech altered the computer.

I just turned over 100,000 miles on my first trip with the car as you can see from the photo above.

I purchased the vehicle from someone that works for me and it seems to be in excellent condition other than a few issues.

On my first trip in the car from Jacksonville, FL to West Palm Beach I blew a rear tire on the trip back and had to wait over night for a replacement. The front tires are new but rear tires were in such bad condition it was really a risk but I wanted to run it through its paces since I drive long distance highway mile all the time. Anyways I nursed it back home and replaced the other rear once I was in town.

I have since had the local dealership do a service and inspection on the car this is their "recommended action plan":

Red Items:
Engine Mounts - Replace Engine Mounts
Transmission Mounts - Replace Transmission Mounts
Wiper Blades - Replace Wiper Blades (I did this with service.)
Battery Test - Replace front battery. (I did this with service.)
Front Suspention - Replace both lower ball joints.
Inspect Engine for Oil Leaks - Replace both valve cover gaskets. Replace both valve cover vent chambers.
Tire Tread Depth - Replace left rear tire. (I did this with service.)

Yellow Items:
Wheel Bearing Free Play - Repack / adjust front wheel bearings.
Brake Fluid Level / Condition - Flush Brake Fluid
Horn Operation - Replace Both Horns (REALLY? SOUNDS LIKE BS TO ME)
Front Brake Lining Thickness - 5mm
Rear Diff. Fluid, Condition and Leaks - Replace Left Rear Axel Seal

I had an error message once on the air ride system and they told me I needed to replace the following as well:
Airmatic Pump and Sensor
Front Lower Support Panel
Airmatic Fuse and Relay
Left Front Acceleration Sensor

Total of all this is $5,400.00 a 1/4 of what I paid for the car and it runs fine so I am calling BS on some things.

I am going to repost this in the W211 forum it prolly belongs there and I will see what they say.
i really respect this car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.78 average.

Quick Reply: Welcome New Members