Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member from Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 CL55
New Member from Texas

Greetings everyone! My name is Kenny. I do not currently own a Mercedes yet but have joined the forum to research every little bit of info good and bad on the CL500 so I can make an educated decision. Now after reading the CL forums my first instinct was to close my browser and walk away but I am continuing on with my quest for knowledge.
The back story is that a few months ago I was driving through Fort Worth and saw a Mercedes coupe that caught my eye and since it was going in the opposing direction I did not see the badging. Google was my friend and I found what I had saw, a 2000-2003 CL500 or 600. After reading up on it I'm finding it has some issues. Now I'm a car guy and do it yourself-er. I currently drive a Lexus SC400 and keep a Supra around for fun. I do most all work on them myself.
I was struck by the lines of the CL and I love V8 Coupes. It's a beautiful car and I'm seriously considering a purchase later this year to keep as a weekend cruiser. I'll retain the Lexus as a daily.
I'm no stranger to automotive forums and the search button is my friend. I've read plenty of horror stories but I would like to hear some of the good ones also. I welcome all advice and suggestions as I am a complete noob when it comes to Mercedes. Let me say I'm not looking at this car for some sort of prestige. I just think it is drop dead gorgeous. I'm a fan of style, not labels.
Thanks all for your time. Since I don't have a MB to share picture of, I'll post one of my current daily driver. Y'all have a safe and terrific day.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 CL55
...and after months of anxiety inducing research, I bought this yesterday. An '05 CL55.

New Member from Texas-0df37bc3-81e9-40c2-a39a-1b696bc69fa1_zpsppsydiy8.png