Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C55 Crank but won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Silver C55, 2008 Ducati 1098
C55 Crank but won't start

I know that this topic has been discussed in some depth, just want to run my situation by some of you to see your thoughts.

Recently picked up a 2005 C55 with 33k on the odometer, my second C55, so ecstatic about that!

Had it for about a week, twice it would crank but would not start. Took the key out, tried it again and it would start, check engine light came on, but restarted and went away.

Today same problem, but no matter how many times I took the key out and cranked it, it would not start. Had it towed home, fun $150 bill, but the guy said the car starts and was confused why I had it towed.

The part where I am kinda at a loss of where to start is that it seems that the car being tilted forward may have gotten some gas to the engine to start it.

So I am thinking maybe it was the Fuel Pump and sending unit, I assume they come together when purchasing from the dealer. The tow truck driver thought maybe the fuel filters, because it being leaned forward got it starting. Some of the stuff I have been reading says CPS sensor. Half tempted to replace all three to not have to worry about this ever again, but would rather not if it can be avoided. I kinda rule out CPS sensor cause if it was bad it wouldn't have started after being dragged for 10 miles, tilted forward.

On a side note, anyone have the MBH headers, really thinking bout picking up a set of those.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 E 300
I had a similar problem with a E320, it turned out to be the CPS. On the E320, at least, a malfunctioning CPS stops the injectors: no gas flow. May or May not apply to your car.