Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New member, longtime lurker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E63
New member, longtime lurker

Hello Folks,

Signed up as a member today, this is my first post, but I've been reading these forum pages for years. Last week I picked up a 2011 E63 to replace my beloved 1999 C43, which I bought used in 2000 with 8K miles, now has 190K miles and still drives like the day I bought it. I didn't think the E63 would be such a different experience to the C43, but I was wrong. There's plenty to like and a few things to dislike (MCT downshifting at low rpm, argh) but I'm learning to drive it and each day is more fun that the day before. The E63 is pretty bare bones, didn't think I wanted distronic, parktronic, or lane assist but now I do. In my C43 I pretty much paid full attention to the road but in the E63 I'm spending a lot more time looking at the COMAND screen. Plus, I'm not fully in tune with the speed/weight of the car, so I'm 'out of position' more than I've been in years. This will change in short order, but I can see why a heads-up display makes sense. Or an instrument cluster display like on a 997.