Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Star C3 Xentry Activation via TeamViewer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e320 4dr sedan
Unhappy MB Star C3 Xentry Activation via TeamViewer

I am now in my 3rd month of trying to procure a functioning multiplexer system to scan and clear the codes on my recently repaired 2000 E320 722.6 transmission. My first purchase was a Chinese knock-off of a CarSoft 7.4 Multiplexer. The virus riddled software never successfully interfaced with my ODB from the start and using the PayPal vendor complaint portal, forced the seller to refund my money. Having gained some wisdom on the matter, I took it up a notch and bought the highly recommended Star C3 system with preinstalled hard drive for my recently procured T30. Nice looking package. The preinstalled hard drive should be just the ticket to get me rolling.

I installed the new hard drive, booted up and immediately discovered that the Xentry application needed to be activated in order to operate on my laptop. The pirated Xentry application used on ALL Chinese clones requires the buyer to turn on TeamViewer and permit the Chinese tech department log-on access to the T30 so they can crack the application. OK, fine.

I did this and the software hacker did whatever they do however, it did not fully activate Xentry. Everything works except the scan function. Figures. I've been emailing the seller as well as the Chinese distributor/tech department about the matter however, they have chosen to ignore me and my issue. Naturally, I am working with PayPal to be refunded yet again.

Given that my ultimate goal is to have a fully functioning Xentry C3 system, I am petitioning this forum for any assistance that a user can provide in regards to getting my Xentry up and running. I'm prepared to activate TeamViewer again and allow a qualified software expert access to my laptop in order to correct the registered hardware error that is preventing my Xentry from functioning. Another option would be for me to purchase an already up and running laptop with a fully operational Xentry C3 application on it. If anyone knows of a verifiable, reputable vender, I would be all ears. My car has been sitting in the driveway, waiting for me to clear the codes since January.

Last edited by Drag; 03-29-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benz w211
mb star software need to activate before usage, you need provide lan-id; hw-id, appid and hardware fingerprint id to your supplier to activate, they will send you start keys and license file, when you activate them you need make sure the computer time is current date
Old 06-23-2015, 03:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
SDS activation youtube guide
Old 05-18-2023, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1998 C230/W202, 1999 C230K/W202
Hi All,
I have a question concerning the laptop.
Yes, I know about the recommended Dell.
But I have a perfectly good Panasonic CF-30 with all the bells and whistles.
One partition has Win 7 Pro 32 and the other XP Pro 32 SP3.
So I'm wondering if anyone has used this kind of laptop for the software install (not a VM)?
If not, what thoughts do you have about it?
Thanks...Chris