Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New User- Need opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 2010
New User- Need opinion

Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Sami, from Montreal Canada.
Currently Im driving a c250 2010 since March last year ( bought it second hand )and wish to upgrade. I have been looking at new c300 and c400, drove them both as courtesy cars and love them both.

Back in November, I put a deposit on c300 2015, lease agreement was 39 months down, $7000 down and a monthly payment of 760$. I gave it a thought and changed my mind on the last minute. Reason behind the high cashdown was the fact that Mercedes was taking back my financed 250.

Back in July, went to another mercedes dealer ( same place I bought my 250 last year ), the deal was $3000 cash down for c300 and 730$ a month, better deal, but wasn't willing to pay that much monthly.

This week, got an offer for, Demo with 9000km 2000$ cash for 580$ tx in, Irridium / Cranberry red, Amg kit, panoramic, regular lights, blind spot sensor. Went to drive it, was ok drive, did not like the regular lights and my preference was for Palladium.

While was walking to get to the demo car, I noticed a palladium c300, the salesman almost jumped in front of me so I do not get to see wether it was 300 or 400, he was telling me it may sold etc... all kind of stories to get my attention away from it. That Palladium has push to start, full led beam, features that aren't on the demo car, but it does not have the blind spot sensors, which I can do without.

After the demo car drive, I asked him to do number for the new palladium, with $2000 down he came to $667, taking my c250 with no penalties ( which still has $19000 on finance ). Told him to throw an extra $1000 discount and I'd be willing to seriously consider it. With that extra 1k and an extra 1k down ( total 3k down ), I will be looking at about $580 or so, which is $120 more of what I pay now for my financed c250.

My questions are the following:
What you think of the deal on the Palladium ?

Does a salesman gets more commission on a demo car rather than selling me new car ( he was willing to give me new winter tires for the demo car ).

My original preference was and still is Palladium / Cranberry red.

Between Iridium/ Cranberry and Palladium / cranberry, which would you choose? I know tastes are different, but wish to know which combination is more popular on mbworld.

Thank you,
Sami.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld, Sami. You may have better luck posting your question in the vehicle specific section of the forum. Good luck with your purchase.