Glove Box Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Glove Box Problem

Hey everyone, I think a coin or something may have gotten into the cardholder slots in the lid of the glovebox. Every time I open and close the glove box, I can hear the coins rattling. Is there any way to take apart the felt lining of the glovebox or remove the lid so I can shake whatever fell into there out?

Planning on taking it to dealer- hopefully, warranty covers it. Only 700 miles
Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by amaycg
Hey everyone, I think a coin or something may have gotten into the cardholder slots in the lid of the glovebox. Every time I open and close the glove box, I can hear the coins rattling. Is there any way to take apart the felt lining of the glovebox or remove the lid so I can shake whatever fell into there out?

Planning on taking it to dealer- hopefully, warranty covers it. Only 700 miles
Any ideas? If you open your glovebox, that large hump in the middle of the lid is where the coins got stuck...Why would MBUSA make a giant plastic box in the middle of the glove box lid is beyond me - but (it sounds like) the 2 coins rattle every time I make a sharp turn! I tried vacuuming it out to no avail, I tried using my Metro AirForce Blaster to get it out - I basically don't want to have to remove the glove box unless it's an easy operation and if the dealership removes it, they will probably cause more rattles when they take my dash apart for the damn coins.

I was thinking of stuffing the lid of the glovebox through the cardholder slot with tissues or fabric to muffle the noise. Thoughts?