S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

?? Weistec :vs: Renntech ?? Turbo-Upgarde??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63,s600 Maybach
?? Weistec :vs: Renntech ?? Turbo-Upgarde??

I am new here , so if this topic is taboo..... Please let me know ...lol...

I have a 2015 S63 have been driving it for approx 2500miles...
I have already read all the topics (opinions) with these two companies & their customer service disasters....lol....

I dont care to hear HORROR stories of customer service , I have my own with Renntech on wheels...lol...but really want this upgrade and will have to choose from one or the other..unless there are any "Realistic" options in south florida that someone can suggest.

I am looking at the TURBO UPGRADES
besides price (not too important) and fundamental design differences (which is I guess is very theoretical)....
Has anyone actually purchased and experienced either of these options ???
If so opinion, experience,service issues??

Please again Facts would be appreciated if at all possible with out emotion...lol..
Old 12-22-2014, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Don't forget AMS, they offer turbo upgrades too.. AMS version is actually brand new bigger turbos, vs just slightly larger compressor wheel upgrades as seen in Weistec/Renntech's versions..
Alpha 9 full turbo upgrade.. They don't list S63 tt on price list, but engines are identical in ALL new AMG 63 V8 tt motors.. They would def need your car for install anyway, so when obvious differences in Down Pipe spacing etc came up they would easily fab them up etc.. INMOP AMS version is obviously best for MANY reasons, especially future upgrades to still larger turbos, will be an easy bolt-on at this point..
http://alphaperformance.com/packages...turbo-upgrade/

Last edited by Thericker; 12-22-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:40 AM

s63,s600 Maybach
I looked at the website....just a few questions
price is in line with the other 2 mentioned....

like the fact they use OEM housing ,w/some new "guts"...keep that OEM look at first glance

do they use factory lines etc???
do you need/get ECU upgrade along with upgraded turbos??
I see they do many upgrades for many brands of cars , wonder if they really understand the mercedes ?? or are turbos turbos no matter which ?

They don't have many dealers in florida & the ones they have look alil sketchy.."fast & furious" feeling...
Old 12-25-2014, 11:34 PM

s63,s600 Maybach
??? No Opinions....Why??

Wondering why there hasn't been more advice /input on this topic??
Old 12-25-2014, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by BBDInc
Wondering why there hasn't been more advice /input on this topic??
Probably because the three guys in North America willing to void the warranty on their brand new $170k car don't spend much time on this forum.

Good luck with your upgrades!
Old 12-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Probably because the three guys in North America willing to void the warranty on their brand new $170k car don't spend much time on this forum.

Good luck with your upgrades!
This

Recognize this engine in yur car is shares with other cars such as e550, cls550 etc and many conversations about renntech and weistec to be searched on this forum.... Most traffic is in the amg forums, c class in particular ... Then e class amg etc etc

Last edited by PeterUbers; 12-25-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:58 PM

s63,s600 Maybach
LOL..... Understood....

Guess thats why they call me a "newbie"....I will learn the vibe/direction of this forum...

I actually have thought about that, its why I waited to break in the car, (3500miles) making sure I didnt have any of the "common problems i have read about on this forum...ex.Trans downshifting/brakes/anything that would of required me to disclose/open up a "investigation"

None the less, I appreciate the comment...
Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
LOL..... Understood....

Guess thats why they call me a "newbie"....I will learn the vibe/direction of this forum...

I actually have thought about that, its why I waited to break in the car, (3500miles) making sure I didnt have any of the "common problems i have read about on this forum...ex.Trans downshifting/brakes/anything that would of required me to disclose/open up a "investigation"

None the less, I appreciate the comment...
Happy to help... Congrats on the ride... A tune alone will get you extraordinary results ... You really want the turbos too?
Old 12-26-2014, 12:23 AM

s63,s600 Maybach
problem with the tune alone is ....locally only Renntech
( I had terrible experience with them on wheels, and just am having a really hard time getting over it)

But as I just read in the E63 forum , this Alpha seems to also have good reviews...( love the idea of a custom tune)

Just hard without any "experiences " to help direct /educate the decision...

So Im probably gonna hold off until I can get some better , real life experiences /input....
Old 12-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts
S600
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Add to that the fact that the cars run really good without an upgrade when driven like an adult would drive one.......................
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
I am new here , so if this topic is taboo..... Please let me know ...lol...

I have a 2015 S63 have been driving it for approx 2500miles...
I have already read all the topics (opinions) with these two companies & their customer service disasters....lol....

I dont care to hear HORROR stories of customer service , I have my own with Renntech on wheels...lol...but really want this upgrade and will have to choose from one or the other..unless there are any "Realistic" options in south florida that someone can suggest.

I am looking at the TURBO UPGRADES
besides price (not too important) and fundamental design differences (which is I guess is very theoretical)....
Has anyone actually purchased and experienced either of these options ???
If so opinion, experience,service issues??

Please again Facts would be appreciated if at all possible with out emotion...lol..
I have the Renntech installed......rather I instaled it myself once I send in the ECU and after receiving the ECU, I like to say I'm happy, but not knowing the others expierinces its just nothing but a statment, I dont drag with it, although S63 is my daily driver, and lets be honest even thou you want to go fast with it and it'll go what ever you can give it to it, its just not possible unless you really wanna get a ticket...lol

Ask me what you like to know I'll try to answer what I can....
Old 12-26-2014, 11:35 PM

s63,s600 Maybach
As far as driving "like an adult"....I consider myself responsible "adult" but still think that my car could have just a touch more to really make "ME" feel like I have "the worlds fastest sedan"..lol... It is my daily ride ..but when getting on 95/turnpike/alligator alley....I wanna move in a responsible way.

As far as having the Rentech...did you feel / notice the difference??
Have you had the car dyne"d to see if they really made a measurable difference??

Thank you guys for the replies,
Old 12-27-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Even a simple tune on the engine has been proven to work well on the E63s. I am certain the engine would respond the same in the S63. As for turbo upgrades what about Kleemann or Brabus?
Old 12-27-2014, 11:30 AM

As far as driving "like an adult"....I consider myself responsible "adult" but still think that my car could have just a touch more to really make "ME" feel like I have "the worlds fastest sedan"..lol... It is my daily ride ..but when getting on 95/turnpike/alligator alley....I wanna move in a responsible way.

As far as having the Rentech...did you feel / notice the difference??
Have you had the car dyne"d to see if they really made a measurable difference??

Thank you guys for the replies,
I agree 100%...lol
Didn't do Dyno, but you definitely can tell the difference, it pulls like a freight train, incredible torque, They were very easy to deal with, I send my unit in and get it in next day, very fast.

I also did consider the Turbo upgrade talk to my salesman at Renntech asks for $11995.00 and he said that I need to ship to car to them and it takes about a week to complete the upgrade and total bill is $15000.00 including the labor, not bad, but warranty is gone, I asked if something goes wrong will you guys be picking up the tab, and the answer was if we can prove that our turbo upgrade caused it than he said yes, but in my opinion its a huge risk with $170K car.

They have done a E63 for a guy "Vasili" I might have spelled his name wrong no disrespect, and he has some YouTube videos mindbogglingly fast car, one of a kind, Renntech made special upgrades for him that no ones has.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:15 PM

s63,s600 Maybach
Damn .....
something looks good about Kleeman.....
They have Mercedes Benz dealerships in florida as dealers of their product..
I will have to wait till monday to talk to someone ...

But seems that if I was gonna , have anyone do upgrades like this I would prefer a mercedes dealership (any yea or ne's on this topic)...lol...
I know I am a high maintenance member thus far with lots of questions ...BUt I reallly appreciate everyone input
Old 12-27-2014, 05:19 PM

Damn .....

But seems that if I was gonna , have anyone do upgrades like this I would prefer a mercedes dealership (any yea or ne's on this topic)...lol...
I know I am a high maintenance member thus far with lots of questions ...But I reallly appreciate everyone input
Our MB dealer installs the RennTech ECU unit here and they don't have any objection to ECU upgrades, but their position is not same with turbo upgrade...lol
Old 12-27-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Damn .....

I know I am a high maintenance member thus far with lots of questions ...BUt I reallly appreciate everyone input
Kleemann is top notch. For questions about the turbo upgrade you may want to consider talking to their U.S. headquarters in Colorado.

Last edited by Munich77; 12-29-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Bad typing on a Kindle
Old 12-28-2014, 09:37 PM

s63,s600 Maybach
Munich,

I take it you meant "TOP" notch..lol...they seem it...if nothing else...A french/foreign address seems better then RennTech...lol...( I am just alil "salty" with RennTech...I am local to them , went up there for the "works"..started with rims..and they are a "hot" mess..coming from someones thats not TOOO high maintenance but just wants things done right..."NOT..beating out my fenders on 196k$ car to make 10k rims fit....lol...I swear to gid thats what they said.....

I am calling Kleeman in the morning....

I will let you guys know what I hear as far as "warranty".."gains".."timeline"