S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Roadside Assistance

Had my first, and hopefully last, experience with MB Roadside Assistance.

I've always owned BMW's and to turn those off you have to push the start/stop button twice. Been doing that off and on ever since I bought my 2015 550. Do that on this car and you leave the radio and dash on. Went into garage the next day to start car and nothing, absolutely nothing.

Tried to charge the battery, no luck. Tried to jump start and no luck.

Called the number for assistance and gave my name only and started to explain. I had not made the call to register my car. He gave me my address before I gave it to him. I was surprised and I asked him how he did that so fast, his reply was you are an S Class customer and therefore considered a priority. Not sure about that but it made me feel good none the less.

The mechanic called me and said he could be there in an hour. I asked that he push it back as I had something else to do, so we set a time to meet. He got there at the time we picked and hooked up jumper cables to my car. It took him at least 10 to 15 minutes to get enough juice into the car for it to start. He arrived in a MB ML320. He revved his car extremely hard, I'm thinking at least 5000 RPM's, and he did that a lot. So hard I was concerned about his SUV.

Finally got enough juice in car and it started. I was very satisfied with all of it. So, car had a message between tach and speedometer that said something like "Pull car over do not turn off ignition and let car run." I did that for 1 hour and it still had that message. I decided to drive it in spite of the message and after a half hour drive it still had the message. I turned it off and back on and it still had the message. I turned it off and left it off while I went into a store and when I came back 20 minutes later it started no problem and message was gone.

It kept all my settings except for the Bluetooth phone connection. I would never have revved an engine as hard as he did. I'm surprised that the car did not turn itself off after a certain amount of time but stayed on till it drained every bit of juice from the battery.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts
‘16 g550; '20 s560; '15 targa4s
roadside assistance (via the "wrench button") is brill, mate. page on down to streamliner's thread on the "spare wheel" survey and there you will see i told a story about how well roadside assistance helped me a few days ago. such a great service. professional and quick. very caring people when you need them.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,422 Likes on 1,949 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
I've had the occasion to use them and agree that they are first rate. Still, I'm sure it has to do with location. Take a trip to Yellowstone or some other remote area, destroy your tire or wheel by hitting an unavoidable road hazard, then I'd like to hear about response times, etc. Jack & spare in the trunk? No problem, you are on your war in 20 minutes. No Jack & spare? Get to know the tow truck driver, as he hauls your car, you and possibly your family to who knows where. It's just like real estate: "Location, location, location!"