S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Creaking sound-rear shelf/back glass area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Creaking sound-rear shelf/back glass area?

I am getting a sharp creaking or popping noise from the rear shelf/window area of my 2015 S550 sedan. Might be coming from Pano Roof? It is intermittent, but happening more often now. Always does it first thing in the morning when I back out of the garage. Seems to be somewhat connected to cooler temperatures. Sometimes get it when pulling into a parking lot ramp or other uneven road condition. Does anyone else have this?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I am getting a sharp creaking or popping noise from the rear shelf/window area of my 2015 S550 sedan. Might be coming from Pano Roof? It is intermittent, but happening more often now. Always does it first thing in the morning when I back out of the garage. Seems to be somewhat connected to cooler temperatures. Sometimes get it when pulling into a parking lot ramp or other uneven road condition. Does anyone else have this?
Haven't experienced anything like that. Of course, one of the advantages of getting older is that I don't hear as well. So I can run 20" wheels and open the sunroof without any negative comfort repercussions. Just as a long shot; does your car have that push down storage bin in the trunk? Maybe it isn't secure in its track??? Just a wild guess.