S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

What happened to the Touch App

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
S550
What happened to the Touch App

Does anyone know what happened to the touch app? This is the app yu can use on your smart phone via the car's wifi, to control the rear seat entertainment system, control the rear seat massage and position etc. It's referenced in the Comand users guide on page 264, it has a web site (mbtouchapp.com) and seems to be available via some app cache sites (however my phone is blocked from loading apps from unauthorized sites via a corp security policy). It's not listed as available in my country (US) on the itumes store and not listed at all on the Google Play store (Android).

Anyone know what happened?

thanks

-Richard
Old 01-25-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
S550
lots of views, no replies...

So for the folks with the rear seat entertainment systems in the W222, do you use the remotes exclusively? The menu on the Comand system has remote control in the same menu as wifi. Has anyone ever used this option? I understood it to be for the Touch app, but maybe I've misunderstood.

-Richard
Old 01-26-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I thought the Touch App would work even with cars that do not have RSE. There is the same remote option via wifi.

I've never tried it, first I did not have a compatible phone, then for some reason the app was not available in my country and now that the restrictions are gone, so is the app.