Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Out Of Control!!

Drives: 00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to 55fanatic
Jaeger Le Couture watch opinions...

Hey all went watch shopping this weekend trying to find something that I like...

I ran accross this gem and I liked it alot...

but with stainless steel band... Has the show case back to it too, which is VERY cool. It was retail $8,950. Do these get discounted at all?

Also I saw the rolex Datejust and liked them, silver or white face with a smooth bezel and the smooth bracelet... kinda like this one...
http://www.dotcom-life.com/joyful-wa...roman-0001.jpg

But I forgot to get a price, can someone give me an estimate of price on one?

and which do you all think is nicer?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Carlsson Front Lip | 18" Forgestar F14 | SDS Lowering | Res Delete | SC Pulley | Tuned by BrenTuning | 485HP/612ft lbs

Last edited by 55fanatic; 03-13-2006 at 01:53 PM.
55fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '07 Porsche 997TT
I can't see your pic (red X) for some reason. I will tell you that I am a HUGE fan of JLC watches. I own a Reverso sun/moon in rose gold and a Master Reserve De Marche, also in Rose. They are one of the few houses that still make their own movements and IMHO Rolex does not compare to JLC.

I have pared down my collection considerably over the last few years but would not consider selling my JLC's. I also own two Patek's and two Lange's. Most people don't realize that for the price of a Rolex you can buy a much better "watch". Granted, most won't know what the hell it is, but that doesn't bother me at all. Most popular watches are status symbols and more jewelery than anything else. And that's OK. But, once you own something like a JLC or Patek (especially with a crystal back) you won't ever consider a Rolex. To see the workmanship in the case, movement, etc. in a fine timepiece is amazing, and never gets old.

You can find places to discount. BTW, why don't you look at a leather strap? Can still be worn with Jeans/T-shirt. A lot of people think leather is to formal. I wear all my watches with any attire.

Chris

'07 Porsche 997TT Slate/black, Protomotive tune, TPC Racing Stage 3 suspension, IC's, and modified turbo's

Gone but not forgotten - '04 E55 AMG, K3, Brilliant Silver
cte430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Out Of Control!!

two reasons... I have never liked the look of leather straps, I prefer the much clunkier and solid feeling of a metal bracelet. And I feel like Im getting cheated when I buy a watch and all I get is a leather strap.

I guess its still thinking of it as a "watch" instead of a piece of craftsmanship and or Art... I think some of the pricier watches(not blinged out) are only available with leather as it allows the emphasis to be placed on the time piece...

Carlsson Front Lip | 18" Forgestar F14 | SDS Lowering | Res Delete | SC Pulley | Tuned by BrenTuning | 485HP/612ft lbs
Old 03-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
Out Of Control!!

I edited my post to include a picture of the watch

Old 03-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '07 Porsche 997TT
Thanks, I can see it. I'm not trying to change your mind, but don't think of the leather as "just a leather strap". The straps on my watches are as luxurious as the watch itself.

I had my eye on a JLC Perpetual Calendar with a blue dial and blue Croc. strap. Awesome!

Oh BTW, no contest between this and the Rolex. If you can deal with spending that kind of coin, and most people not knowing what it is, then it's a no brainer.

Chris

'07 Porsche 997TT Slate/black, Protomotive tune, TPC Racing Stage 3 suspension, IC's, and modified turbo's

Gone but not forgotten - '04 E55 AMG, K3, Brilliant Silver

Last edited by cte430; 03-13-2006 at 02:18 PM.
cte430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Out Of Control!!

what kinda of discount can I expect to get? Its not my coin Im spending, its my rents... This is a College graduation gift

Old 03-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #7

Drives: Non-MB
Fair discount

About 30% off retail is a fair discount from an authorized dealer. This should be do-able for any in-stock items. If it's special order, might be harder.
mostolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
Out Of Control!!

is that it for all of the watch enthusiasts? come on now

Old 03-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: ML55 Daily Beater?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
what kinda of discount can I expect to get? Its not my coin Im spending, its my rents... This is a College graduation gift
Iam in the process of setting up a watch and jewelry business. Although I wont be dealing in these lines of watches, I have friends in the business that deal with JLC and Rolex. If I can be of assistance please feel free to email me, and I can point you in their direction.

Jason

wade.jay@gmail.com
JAYCL600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
Out Of Control!!

do you know of anyone who might be willing to get me a great deal on one of these?

Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: ML55 Daily Beater?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
do you know of anyone who might be willing to get me a great deal on one of these?
Yes I have someone who is a watch dealer and an astute collector who will get you a great deal as well as excellent service, please email me only if you have serious inquiries.

wade.jay@gmail.com
JAYCL600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM

Tags
boston, coulture, courtre, couture, de, enterprises, forum, history, jaeger, la, le, lecouture, watch, watches, wwwjaeger