Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Thinking of renting my house for superbowl

The next Super Bowl is in Tampa.

I live with in 20 minutes from the stadium. I live in one of the nicest area's in Tampa. I have a 3 bedroom fully furnished. I live alone. I can stay at my friends for a week or so while these people rent out my place. I think I can get like 2K for a week. That's cheap considering its equivalent to 400 a night at a hotel. Which are all booked btw. Plus you can get 6 couples in here.

I think if I offer to drop them off and pick them up from the game, that would be a great benefit of not having to look for a spot or walk very far. Since I dont really care much for football, if I miss part of the game, i wont be too upset.

Has anyone done something like this? A deposit would be needed of course and I would be paid up front, cash. Sounds like a good idea to me.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.

Last edited by PhilipM1; 12-23-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PA_Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE PA
Posts: 273
Drives: 2001 C320
I've never done anything like this before, but I can bet that you'll want some kind of insurance on your place since you are going to be renting it out. Insurance as in "someone with the rental party hurts themselves at your house, or a piece of your furniture breaks and hurts someone, and they try to sue". I don't know how the state of Florida works, but you may need to set some ground rules with the people who are renting. Not that a zoning inspector or anything is going to come to your house during that time frame, but you may need to worry about occupancy laws and anything else that would make a house "rental property". Just some things to think about, again, I'm no expert, I've never done it before, I'm just trying to throw some things up in the air that you may want to look into. Also, I'd have anything of any value to you OUT of the house before you rent it out.
__________________
BOAT FOR SALE! LINK
PA_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Super Member
 
BKLYN_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 517
Drives: MB
Have to correct you:
"I can stay at my friends for a week or so while these people destroy my place".
__________________
Mercedes Benz Owner's Gun Club, Member # 61
----------------------------------------------
BKLYN_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Toog4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Area 3
Posts: 1,513
Drives: CLK550a, C300W, 335i
Send a message via AIM to Toog4me
your newly single, your trying to sell a printer, and now this... everything ok?
__________________
Toog4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Out Of Control!!
 
revstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Obama Land
Posts: 12,167
Drives: K Car
Before you do this, you might want to check with your insurance company to make sure you are still covered if you are renting.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Member
 
LRM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reality
Posts: 225
Drives: 2011 E350 4 Matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
The next Super Bowl is in Tampa.

I live with in 20 minutes from the stadium. I live in one of the nicest area's in Tampa. I have a 3 bedroom fully furnished. I live alone. I can stay at my friends for a week or so while these people rent out my place. I think I can get like 2K for a week. That's cheap considering its equivalent to 400 a night at a hotel. Which are all booked btw. Plus you can get 6 couples in here.

I think if I offer to drop them off and pick them up from the game, that would be a great benefit of not having to look for a spot or walk very far. Since I dont really care much for football, if I miss part of the game, i wont be too upset.

Has anyone done something like this? A deposit would be needed of course and I would be paid up front, cash. Sounds like a good idea to me.

If you want your house trashed, robbed and God knows what else, sure it sounds like a good idea. You want some dude leaving peckertracks and his girlfriends butt prints all over your house?
__________________
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises; for never intending to go beyond promises; it costs nothing.
-Edmund Burke
LRM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Air Marshall Eldritch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,536
Drives: John Deere
I wouldn't mind butt prints for an extra $2k cash.
Air Marshall Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
FLYNAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,232
Drives: '90 e30 M3 (s52), '99 C43 AMG, '91 190e 5.6 (swap)
Concur....sounds like a great way to make some fast cash and get your house destroyed by moronic drunk sports-fans. Money which will come in handy to repair everything....
FLYNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
HLG600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Autobahn
Posts: 3,200
Drives: German
Send a message via AIM to HLG600
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRM1 View Post
If you want your house trashed, robbed and God knows what else, sure it sounds like a good idea. You want some dude leaving peckertracks and his girlfriends butt prints all over your house?
__________________
HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toog4me View Post
your newly single, your trying to sell a printer, and now this... everything ok?
Just trying to cash in on the opportunities that are staring me in the face man. If I can sell that printer for ~2k, its 2k cash more than I have with it sitting in non use, if I can rent my place for another 2k, that's 4k I can make in the next month or so. Sounds good to me.

They wont be "renting" my place, they will be "friends" visiting who are paying me for the use of my fridge washer and dryer, ect. insurance shouldn't be an issue if they get hurt. It would similar to if I had family in for the holidays. In addition to that, I own nothing they can sue for. If they get hurt they can use their own insurance. There would have to show my negligence caused the accident and how it could have been avoided had I done something with in reason and with a normal amount standard precaution.

moving on, people who can afford super bowl tickets, and the plane and renting the house, I would think aren't going to "trash" my place. Im not renting to collage kids. I will be taking all my pictures and breakable things to the garage and things of value with me. And of course there will be a deposit.

I can take their credit card info at my house

If I do this im going to cover all my bases. New (cheap) sheets for the beds for when they stay, extra layer of Scotch guard on the couches, pay my friend(owns a cleaning company) 200 bucks to clean when they leave. So if I charge 2k and spend 500 I think It'll be worth it.

Sooo.... anyone got super bowl tickets and need a place to stay??? I throw GREAT parties!
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
FLYNAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,232
Drives: '90 e30 M3 (s52), '99 C43 AMG, '91 190e 5.6 (swap)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
moving on, people who can afford super bowl tickets, and the plane and renting the house, I would think aren't going to "trash" my place. Im not renting to collage kids. I will be taking all my pictures and breakable things to the garage and things of value with me. And of course there will be a deposit.
Ahhh the assumptions we make with perceived wealth....

I would personally prefer collage kids....at least I know all they will be doing is arts and crafts.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by FLYNAVY; 12-24-2008 at 09:07 PM.
FLYNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY View Post
Ahhh the assumptions we make with perceived wealth....

I would personally prefer collage kids....at least I know all they will be doing is arts and crafts.
Click the image to open in full size.
Good point. If I do this, I'll have to make sure I have a high enough deposit.

Edit: What the HELL is that big *** picture??
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
FLYNAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,232
Drives: '90 e30 M3 (s52), '99 C43 AMG, '91 190e 5.6 (swap)
A collage.....
FLYNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY View Post
A collage.....
Gotcha...

why? I just dont see the relevance exactly. Im sorry to me.
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
gregr09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 294
Drives: non-MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
why? I just dont see the relevance exactly.
Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
Im not renting to collage kids.
gregr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr09 View Post
Here's why.
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #17
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
FLYNAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,232
Drives: '90 e30 M3 (s52), '99 C43 AMG, '91 190e 5.6 (swap)
Sorry just couldn't resist posting a pic of a collage when given the opportunity
FLYNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
Member
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 188
Drives: '11 997.2 Carrera GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
Just trying to cash in on the opportunities that are staring me in the face man. If I can sell that printer for ~2k, its 2k cash more than I have with it sitting in non use, if I can rent my place for another 2k, that's 4k I can make in the next month or so. Sounds good to me.

They wont be "renting" my place, they will be "friends" visiting who are paying me for the use of my fridge washer and dryer, ect. insurance shouldn't be an issue if they get hurt. It would similar to if I had family in for the holidays. In addition to that, I own nothing they can sue for. If they get hurt they can use their own insurance. There would have to show my negligence caused the accident and how it could have been avoided had I done something with in reason and with a normal amount standard precaution.

moving on, people who can afford super bowl tickets, and the plane and renting the house, I would think aren't going to "trash" my place. Im not renting to collage kids. I will be taking all my pictures and breakable things to the garage and things of value with me. And of course there will be a deposit.

I can take their credit card info at my house

If I do this im going to cover all my bases. New (cheap) sheets for the beds for when they stay, extra layer of Scotch guard on the couches, pay my friend(owns a cleaning company) 200 bucks to clean when they leave. So if I charge 2k and spend 500 I think It'll be worth it.

Sooo.... anyone got super bowl tickets and need a place to stay??? I throw GREAT parties!
You would charge friends to stay over?
hakaida442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
You would charge friends to stay over?
as far as my insurence is concerned...
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Kar don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: GMT -8 hours
Posts: 5,636
Drives: Mercedes-Benz
hopefully your insurance doesn't see this mbworld thread! lol
__________________
12 Mercedes-Benz E350 Bluetec - Black/Ash - P2, 321
11 BMW 535xi Alpine White/Oyster- Sport, P2, 2TB, 5DL, 6NF
08 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Iridium Silver/Black Leather - P2, AMG pkg, Parktronic, Ipod (gone!)
07 Lexus GS350 Smoky Granite Mica/Ash leather - NAV, 18's, Sirius, AFS, ventilated seats, & Rear spoiler (gone!)
Kar don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
OutlawAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 60
Drives: Bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipM3 View Post
My mortgage rate just went through the roof. Anyone have any ideas how I can make extra cash so I can continue living in a home I cannot afford? Thanks
Fixed it for yeah.
OutlawAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida, Tampa
Posts: 476
Drives: 1993 190E 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawAMG View Post
Fixed it for ya.
I fixed if for you too...


Also, I am currently in a lease opt.
__________________

Sport Suspension Tuned for Drifting8K HIDLSDK&N
Custom Black Badges & GrillEclipse/JL Audio1 of 1,200 Made

I don't have to remember my accomplishments
to know that they exist.
PhilipM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 AM   #23
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 998
Drives: 2013 CLS550 4Matic
I think there was a post last year about a guy who lived in AZ and wanted to do the same thing. Personally, if you paper them to death with liability you should be covered no matter what they do.
__________________
C218 CLS550, E64 BMW M6 Convertible, F02 BMW 750li, R230 SL500, R230 SL55 AMG
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Air Marshall Eldritch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,536
Drives: John Deere
How much to rent it to me for July 4th weekend? Is there a hottub?
Air Marshall Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #25
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
sf280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SF
Posts: 1,062
Drives: Santa Cruz Blur
go check out http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...lf-coast/tampa and see what others in the area are renting for. Maybe even call them up and pose as a potential renter to see how they insure / deposit/ etc...
sf280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:22 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2011, bowl, charge, guy, home, house, rent, rental, rentals, renting, supebowl, super, superbowl, swap, week



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2