Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #26
Out Of Control!!

Drives: K Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky300 View Post
Their reply...A BLANK STARE. followed by "Oh pelase - the hairspray these days has been modified!
LOL! The funny part is, hair spray is being modified. Many states now require low rates of VOC. California is one of them. Thing is, the low rate hair sprays do not perform as well, and many people who do not realize that the same brand of hair spray bought in Texas is different from that bought in California, write to the companies to complain. I wonder how many of the complainers are pro-green people?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #27
Out Of Control!!

Drives: K Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPete View Post
No doubt.

I have to ask ... when does Congress' actions become treasonous? Because IMO they've crossed that line with this BS and the entire Global Warming scam which has been proven to be little more than sky falling junk science. There's over 30,000 scientists listed in a suit against Al Gore and this scam. Most of the scientists that first subscribed to THE POSSIBILITY have jumped ship. There's more science now then ever supporting a coming mini ice age and even NASA has concluded that it's our sun and the level of activity that causes warming and cooling trends.

Finally, they have passed a huge, almost limitless tax bill on the country, during an economic crisis. One that will hurt the poor and middle class more than the rich. It will kill jobs and promote industry leaving the country. They signed this monster not even reading it.

The people (those dumb enough to vote for the flim flam man) were promised change that was going to make life better. Cut spending. Create jobs. End war.

Up is down. Left is right. Forward is back. Yes means no. Bamboozled once again.

Treason?

I think so.
While by definition, I wouldn't say they were treasonous, I completely agree with what you say here. I bet these same politicians who voted for this measure are secretly planning for when the sh*t hits the fan as a result of his bill, to somehow blame that on republicans and "greedy businesses".
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #28

Drives: Fiscal Neo Con Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
While by definition, I wouldn't say they were treasonous, I completely agree with what you say here. I bet these same politicians who voted for this measure are secretly planning for when the sh*t hits the fan as a result of his bill, to somehow blame that on republicans and "greedy businesses".
either that or they are planning on cashing in on it by giving grants
and low interest loans to their "friends".....for juicy kickbacks in return.

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

"America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive." President Barak Obama

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
---------------------------------------------------
S55inPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #29

Drives: a g
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S55inPA View Post
either that or they are planning on cashing in on it by giving grants
and low interest loans to their "friends".....for juicy kickbacks in return.
Or they are putting HUGE put options on hard commodities like Gold, Silver, and the like (just like Taking of Pelham 1 2 3).

RedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #30

Drives: a car that confirms all your prejudices
Quote:
Originally Posted by S55inPA View Post
grab your ankles.
the insane left is on a roll.
cap and trade is coming.
.....elections have consequences.
and all of you dummies who thought comrade
Obama was only going to punish the rich guys?
well. you were wrong

"The Cap and Tax Fiction"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

"The hit to GDP is the real threat in this bill. The whole point of cap and trade is to hike the price of electricity and gas so that Americans will use less. These higher prices will show up not just in electricity bills or at the gas station but in every manufactured good, from food to cars. Consumers will cut back on spending, which in turn will cut back on production, which results in fewer jobs created or higher unemployment. Some companies will instead move their operations overseas, with the same result.

When the Heritage Foundation did its analysis of Waxman-Markey, it broadly compared the economy with and without the carbon tax. Under this more comprehensive scenario, it found Waxman-Markey would cost the economy $161 billion in 2020, which is $1,870 for a family of four. As the bill's restrictions kick in, that number rises to $6,800 for a family of four by 2035."
Wasn't this study by the taxophobic Heritage Foundation?

Anyway, this $6,800.... it just goes, does it? The government takes the payment in cash, and burns it, like the KLF did with a million pounds that time?
hkmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky300 View Post
Everytime a liberal tells me I am harming the ozone by driving an S550...I shoot back with 2 statements.

1) Global Warming is nonsense. I refer to the Ice age of thousands and thousands of years ago - and then the systematic warming of the planet - thus melting the ice and here we are today. That all happened without a single human, factory, car, emissions, plane, etc. I ask them to explain how they feel able to blame humans, corporations, etc for the warming of the planet - vs how it happened thousands of years ago. Their reply...A BLANK STARE.

2) Me? Harming the Ozone? No more than the liberal elite in hollywood after a day at the salon with all that hair spray! Their reply...A BLANK STARE. followed by "Oh pelase - the hairspray these days has been modified!

Jerkoffs...
Oh, Chucky.... Are you aware that global warming and deterioration of the ozone layer are two different things, with different causes and different effects?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 E350 4 Matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmb View Post

Anyway, this $6,800.... it just goes, does it? The government takes the payment in cash, and burns it, like the KLF did with a million pounds that time?
So, because the cost estimation is made by an organization who monitors government spending and waste, it must be false, however the fact that 700 hundred scientists have testified against Global Warming, nearly 13 times the number involved in the UN report, means nothing to you. The world is ending.

Quote:
Anyway, this $6,800.... it just goes, does it? The government takes the payment in cash, and burns it,
Do you even realize how totally biased you sound when write this sillyness?

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises; for never intending to go beyond promises; it costs nothing.
-Edmund Burke
LRM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #33

Drives: 06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Quote:

I wonder how many of the complainers are pro-green people?
Probably most of them. It's ALWAYS somebody else who should pay or be affected.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #34
Kaz

Drives: -
Quote:
Unless someone pays 100% of their income taxes with no profit for themselves by being enslaved to the government they are "taxophobes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmkb View Post
Individuals can spend, save and invest their own money better than someone else. Its a fallacy and ridiculous conceit to think that a person especially a politician or bureaucrat knows better than the individual on how to spend their money better than they could themselves.

excellent 2.5 minute video with Milton Friedman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Kg2SvsI8Q

transcript:

"There's been one underlying basic fallacy in this whole set of Social Security and Welfare measures. And that is the fallacy -- this is at the bottom of it -- the fallacy that it is feasible and possible to do good with other people's money. Now, you see that fallacy -- that view -- has two flaws.

1. If I want to do good with other people's money I'd first have to take it away from them. That means that the welfare state philosophy of doing good with other people's money, at its very bottom, is a philosophy of violence and coercion. It's against freedom, because I have to use force to get the money.

2. In the second place, very few people spend other people's money as carefully as they spend their own.

Let me take this down to the situation of New York City right now. About six or seven or eight years ago -- I've forgotten when it was -- John Kenneth Galbraith, in an article he wrote in The New York Times Magazine Section, said, there are no problems in New York City that would not be solved if the New York City budget were twice what it is now.

Now, the New York City budget has since then something like tripled. And all the problems are worse.

Why?

Because the fact is, it's a confusion to identify the City with the people. The New York City's budget is higher, but that means that the people of New York have less to spend. It's only been transferred from people individually to the City. Now, who spends the money more carefully -- the City civil servants or people who are spending their own money?

Now, of course, you may say to me, but when the City spends the money, it'll go for the good things, and so even half of it is wasted, it's better off. But that's nonsense. City civil servants and others are just like the rest of us. We're all of us interested in pursuing our own objectives. The label again on the bottle may be welfare or health or education. But you have to look at all of the places where it drops off en route to going there. There are lots of other things that can be accomplished under those titles, and the fact is that no more -- no larger a fraction of the money the City spends goes to good things.

Let me illustrate in a very concrete way. A major problem in New York City is housing. Why? Because of bad governmental policy. Rent control, which was continued in New York after World War II, and the only city in the country where it was continued, everywhere else it was dropped. It has caused enormous abandonment of houses, eroding the tax base, public housing, governmental subsidy to housing, so that people who occupy it have no incentive to maintain it. If you had eliminated the government from the housing market and left that money in the hands of the people themselves, the housing situation in New York today would be far better than it is."

also a super awesome book by Arthur Laffer

The End of Prosperity: How Higher Taxes Will Doom the Economy--If We Let It Happen
http://www.amazon.com/End-Prosperity.../dp/1416592385

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRM1 View Post
So, because the cost estimation is made by an organization who monitors government spending and waste, it must be false, however the fact that 700 hundred scientists have testified against Global Warming, nearly 13 times the number involved in the UN report, means nothing to you. The world is ending.

Wasn't it way more than just 700?

30,000 Scientists Sign Petition on Global Warming
http://www.heartland.org/policybot/r...l_Warming.html

Last edited by Kaz; 06-29-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Unless someone pays 100% of their income taxes with no profit for themselves by being enslaved to the government they are "taxophobes".

Individuals can spend, save and invest their own money better than someone else. Its a fallacy and ridiculous conceit to think that a person especially a politician or bureaucrat knows better than the individual on how to spend their money better than they could themselves.

excellent 2.5 minute video with Milton Friedman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Kg2SvsI8Q

transcript:

"There's been one underlying basic fallacy in this whole set of Social Security and Welfare measures. And that is the fallacy -- this is at the bottom of it -- the fallacy that it is feasible and possible to do good with other people's money. Now, you see that fallacy -- that view -- has two flaws.

1. If I want to do good with other people's money I'd first have to take it away from them. That means that the welfare state philosophy of doing good with other people's money, at its very bottom, is a philosophy of violence and coercion. It's against freedom, because I have to use force to get the money.

2. In the second place, very few people spend other people's money as carefully as they spend their own.

Let me take this down to the situation of New York City right now. About six or seven or eight years ago -- I've forgotten when it was -- John Kenneth Galbraith, in an article he wrote in The New York Times Magazine Section, said, there are no problems in New York City that would not be solved if the New York City budget were twice what it is now.

Now, the New York City budget has since then something like tripled. And all the problems are worse.

Why?

Because the fact is, it's a confusion to identify the City with the people. The New York City's budget is higher, but that means that the people of New York have less to spend. It's only been transferred from people individually to the City. Now, who spends the money more carefully -- the City civil servants or people who are spending their own money?

Now, of course, you may say to me, but when the City spends the money, it'll go for the good things, and so even half of it is wasted, it's better off. But that's nonsense. City civil servants and others are just like the rest of us. We're all of us interested in pursuing our own objectives. The label again on the bottle may be welfare or health or education. But you have to look at all of the places where it drops off en route to going there. There are lots of other things that can be accomplished under those titles, and the fact is that no more -- no larger a fraction of the money the City spends goes to good things.

Let me illustrate in a very concrete way. A major problem in New York City is housing. Why? Because of bad governmental policy. Rent control, which was continued in New York after World War II, and the only city in the country where it was continued, everywhere else it was dropped. It has caused enormous abandonment of houses, eroding the tax base, public housing, governmental subsidy to housing, so that people who occupy it have no incentive to maintain it. If you had eliminated the government from the housing market and left that money in the hands of the people themselves, the housing situation in New York today would be far better than it is."

also a super awesome book by Arthur Laffer

The End of Prosperity: How Higher Taxes Will Doom the Economy--If We Let It Happen
http://www.amazon.com/End-Prosperity.../dp/1416592385

Wasn't it way more than just 700?

30,000 Scientists Sign Petition on Global Warming
http://www.heartland.org/policybot/r...l_Warming.html

good stuff. what a shame our country is being run by morons.

"America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive." President Barak Obama

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #36

Quote:
So, because the cost estimation is made by an organization who monitors government spending and waste
Translation: rages against tax.

Quote:
, it must be false, however the fact that 700 hundred scientists have testified against Global Warming, nearly 13 times the number involved in the UN report, means nothing to you. The world is ending.
Right. It's on numbers from selected groups.

There are more members of the Chinese Communist Party than there are members of the Heritage Foundation. Ergo, in the event of any disagreement between the two, the CCP must be right.

Quote:
Do you even realize how totally biased you sound when write this sillyness?
No, I have no idea.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #37
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
People need to quit worrying about what type of wheels to get or any material ****. Our country is going down the tubes in a way that no one could imaging.
WE ARE GOING TO BE TAXED TO BREATH...call your senator.

The 9 republican congress people who helped this pass are traitors. One C$NT is from CA of course.
Leftist liberals are OUT OF CONTROL..OBAMA IS A MASSIVE LIAR.

EuroTeck CF Lip,Matte CF Diff, Trunk Spoiler w/ 19" ET-Murder-1 Wheels, RENNtech LM-V2, V1 Radar, Falken FK-452's, Green Filters, Res Delete, AMGPedals
MBWGCM #94!
Vader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Translation: rages against tax.
Forgot, to you this is a bad thing

Quote:
Right. It's on numbers from selected groups.
As opposed to your data

Quote:
There are more members of the Chinese Communist Party than there are members of the Heritage Foundation. Ergo, in the event of any disagreement between the two, the CCP must be right.
Yes, communists are always right. After all they've done so well providing for their people in; The USSR, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, North Korea, China, Cuba and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more.

Quote:
No, I have no idea.
I guess that superior intellect only works on other people then eh?

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises; for never intending to go beyond promises; it costs nothing.
-Edmund Burke
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #39

Drives: 06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Quote:

Yes, communists are always right. After all they've done so well providing for their people in; The USSR, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, North Korea, China, Cuba and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more.

?
You got it all wrong about communism. Why wouldn't you want a system were everybody else works and you benefit? Couple that with the religion that promises 72 virgins and you're all set.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #40

Drives: CLS55 AMG 030
It's funny ... when I was a kid, a popular response to criticism was "Excuse me for breathing"

Now there's no reason to. They'll just tax you for it.

I remember about 20 years ago their was a documentary on the effects of cabon dioxide. In particular it was tested in a controlled environment, the effects of C02 overload on plants vs normal levels.

In that environment, fruit trees were placed to grow. The environment with normal C02 levels, grew as expected. The FOOD/Fruit trees in the C02 rich environment, had a growth explosion, easily 2x the growth and food of the normal trees. In response to this overload of C02, the trees also created a much more oxygen rich environment. (You know, that stuff we can't live 5 minutes without)

So someone please explain to me again ... what's the downside to C02 ... That it MIGHT raise the temperature of the world a 1/2 degree in the next 10 years? Something that's actually not happening.

If anything we need more C02 now. Record cold temps. Record snowfall. Record cold seasons. Arctic ice is growing not shrinking.

This is the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the American People and it's all about nothing more than control.

They're burying EPA reports that prove it's wrong. Ignoring or harassing scientists. Ignoring data proven to be false. Ignoring their own common sense in favor of privileged.

It's time for some REAL CHANGE

ZOMBIES ... THEY WALK AMONG US!!!

Ronald Reagan:
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ...

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
- signed Odumbo

Last edited by JustPete; 06-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
JustPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #41

Of course this link will get attacked for an agenda opposing the "truth", this is an interesting read about what happens to you if your views differ - regardless of your experience and knowledge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-warmists.html

And even when images are used to "Prove" global warming and are debunked, they "disappear".

http://newsbusters.org/node/11879

Below is just a blog, but humorous in that we should have all already been dead for the last 30 years thanks to global ice age, er, starvation, uh, wait warming, uh, no cooling.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/earth-d...ctions-of-2009

The difference now is that we have elected morons who are part of this scare machine and we're all going to pay, dearly for it.

-Edmund Burke
Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #42

You have to remember part of the problem is the way our system of government works. These are the same usual suspects that vote themselves raises every year. That are bought off by lobbyists. That pay for votes through grants, earmarks and pork barrel projects.

They're interested in their own survival. The serfs are unimportant in this system as it stands to their survival. They're even in the process of making the serfs completely irrelevant with controls to make protest, freedom of speech, and any other forms of dissent against their way of life, illegal.

Ronald Reagan:

- signed Odumbo
Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #43

Quote:
You have to remember part of the problem is the way our system of government works. These are the same usual suspects that vote themselves raises every year. That are bought off by lobbyists. That pay for votes through grants, earmarks and pork barrel projects.

They're interested in their own survival. The serfs are unimportant in this system as it stands to their survival. They're even in the process of making the serfs completely irrelevant with controls to make protest, freedom of speech, and any other forms of dissent against their way of life, illegal.
Term Limits!

-Edmund Burke
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #44

For over a year now we've known that over 30,000 people in relevant fields of science have been opposed to the Global Warming/Climate Change/Close your eyes and shut up Theory. (In addition to the multiple millions of regular Joes.)

Why are they not being heard? Why is their vehement opposition not being considered in Congress.

How many scientists did the IPCC have when they sold this theory again? 2500 from AROUND THE WORLD? Some of those same scientists are suing the IPCC and are part of the petition and suit against Gore and friends not only against Global Warming theory but for misrepresentation. Where is their voice in the media? Over 12x as many scientist with just as high and higher degrees in the relevant fields of science have completely dismissed this theory as flawed junk science with no basis in reality. Where's the outrage?

The current petition is :

Click the image to open in full size.

31,478 American scientists have signed this petition,
including 9,029 with PhDs

--------

That's right ... that's just AMERICAN SCIENTISTS.

Their credential NEEDED to be on the petition are , All of the listed signers have formal educations in fields of specialization that suitably qualify them to evaluate the research data related to the petition statement. Many of the signers currently work in climatological, meteorological, atmospheric, environmental, geophysical, astronomical, and biological fields directly involved in the climate change controversy. READ MORE ABOUT THEM HERE

Certainly they're more qualified to make an educated opinion than 99,9% of the 545 empty suits in congress.

Media complicity is the key to why the entire nation is not completely aware this is going on and adamantly opposed to this sham.

Cap and Trade is a crime against the American people.

Let me tell you what happened. Believe it or don't.

They saw an opportunity when NASA predicted Solar Cycle 24 was going to be the hottest in 400 years of recorded history. It was the time to push the agenda and scam the people (Much the same as it was time to put Slick Talking Barry in the White House.)

Only problem is ... the sun didn't co-operate and has now made them look like fools. So with their hands firmly in the cooky jar, they're still trying to sell us on the notion they didn't wanna steal no cookies. But we all know they did. Right from our back pockets. See ... if Solar Cycle 24 had done as predicted ... we'd be roasting right now and they'd blame it on WE THE PEOPLE. And the majority would have bought it. Even though the truth is ... the earth and this solar system are going to go through these cycles no matter what we do, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. But they can't tax that, now can they?

Had SC24 been the hot one predicted, they'd hand the people the noose and they'd hang themselves willingly. Only now ... they're trying to hand us that noose and we're thinking ... WTF

They can't stand the notion of failing to sell this bunk ... again. And waiting another 10 years for the coming next solar cycle to again try to sell this scam to the uninformed.

So what will they do .... they'd push Global Warming legislation through in the middle of a blizzard in July in Death Valley ... and there's some idiots in this country (A lot of them actually) that would still buy it.

Ronald Reagan:

- signed Odumbo
Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #45
Kaz

John Boehner actually goes through the cap and trade bill, love the snickers in the background and him calling the bill a POS lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEOSS8F_cmQ

Warren Buffet calls cap and trade what it really is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoCsFsU_irY

Last edited by Kaz; 07-01-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #46
Kaz

an nice video on Cap and Trade from the Heritage Foundation

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/06/25/...ave-the-earth/
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #47

When you listen to the absolute naiveté of the people interviewed that support Cap and Tax ... I don't know about anyone else here, but I get the overwhelming urge to punch them in the face.

Ronald Reagan:

- signed Odumbo
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #48

Quote:
When you listen to the absolute naiveté of the people interviewed that support Cap and Tax ... I don't know about anyone else here, but I get the overwhelming urge to punch them in the face.
that makes two of us

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #49

You want a good laugh ... watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFiab7fjak

He's hilarious (Especially because he's being serious) It gets funnier and funnier as it goes on. By the end he's singing about Obama and his gay love affair with Larry Sinclair.

Ronald Reagan:

- signed Odumbo
Old 07-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #50

great piece on the cap and tax bill that just passed the house.
the inmates have truly taken over the asylum.

"The Carbonated Congress"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124657758880989227.html

"The revisions were demanded by coal-dependent Rust Belt Democrats to require tariffs on goods from countries that don't also reduce their emissions. Democrats were thus admitting that the critics are right that this new energy tax would send U.S. jobs overseas. But instead of voting no, their price for voting yes is to impose another tax on imports from China and India, among others. So a Smoot-Hawley green tariff is now official Democratic policy.

Mr. Obama's lobbyists first acquiesced to this tariff change to get the bill passed. Afterwards the President said he disliked "sending any protectionist signals" amid a world recession, but he refused to say whether this protectionism was enough to veto the bill. Then in a Saturday victory lap, he talked about green jobs and a new clean energy economy, but he made no reference to cap and trade -- no doubt because he knows that energy taxes are unpopular and that the bill faces an even tougher slog in the Senate"

"Mr. Obama wants something tangible to take to the U.N. climate confab in Denmark in December, but the more important issue is what this exercise says about his approach to governance. The President seems to believe that the Carter and Clinton Presidencies failed by fighting too much with Democrats in Congress. So his solution is to abdicate his agenda to Congress -- first the stimulus, now cap and trade, and soon health care. We wish he had told us he was running to be Prime Minister

Old 07-03-2009, 11:45 PM