Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #101
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 1999 C280
Send a message via AIM to NdnMbLova Send a message via MSN to NdnMbLova Send a message via Yahoo to NdnMbLova
Hey who banned my fellow wildcat?
dang, just when I was making a friend on this board.
Wicked,
If you are reading this, shoot me an email at getrice007 at gmail dot com.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

"They say that we want renewable energy, but we don't want you to put it anywhere," said Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in a speech at Yale University last year. "I mean, if we cannot put solar power plants in the Mojave Desert, I don't know where the hell we can put it."
NdnMbLova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #102

Drives: '03 C32
That's it? The dude shot himself in the foot already?!

I guess he really is "vastly superior" when it comes to getting banned quickly.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #103

Drives: 06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewickedestone View Post

I joined Mensa in May of 1999 --

Of course you did. I can tell from your posts.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #104
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '03 W211 aka E-500
The funniest thing is, he comes in with the intent to contribute to a thoughtful, insightful thread, yet his claims of intellectual superiority have come under such a barrage that now the thread has devolved into his defense of all his prior statements and claims, which now actually negates any positive contributions to the topic and has now troll-like centered on him personally, which is a waste of his "superior intellect," because now we are deprived of what progress we could have made discussing the original topic.

Sure wish his brain was bigger than his ego, it'd save us all this useless waste of breath.

I mean, Sh*t, the guy has barely been here since breakfast, and he has not only contributed nothing, he has cost positive and valuable members, thereby actually resulting in negative contributions. If this were a bank, he'd owe the forum money.

<sniff sniff, sniff> what's that smell? Hmm, it smells like Troll in here.
Proud Conservative

Large sunset signature photo deleted due to not-so subtle requests from haters and others' frequent whining.

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 03-29-2010 at 12:15 AM.
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasgow Gold View Post

I said it before and I will say it again, sadly, our schools have gone too far in praising average or even underachieving children to the point that these children grow up and BELIEVE they are somehow superior. As they grow older, most of them discover and adopt to the real world but in some, it continuous and results in vaporous self-aggrandizing from a vacuous intellect.

Last edited by Spartan; 03-29-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
I don't consider myself a "Liberal", but I've rarely been able to support a Republican due to most fitting the bill in supporting those issues.
Well, since our #1 "non-liberal Democrat" isn't around to explain this phenomenon from the perspective of a vastly superior intellect, perhaps you or someone else can help us with this.

Why is "liberal" such a dirty word? I'm proud to be called a conservative, even if I cross over to the other side on a few, less important issues. Likewise, if you vote Democrat because you are liberal on the causes you care most about (in thewickedestone's case, abortion and religion), you are a liberal.

I have noticed more than a few Democrat voters have been ashamed to be viewed as liberal - IIRC even John Kerry was afflicted with this syndrome. Where do you think the stigma comes from and why can't it be overcome even in the era of the Great Chicago Messiah?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #107
Kaz

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I said it before and I will say it again, sadly, our schools have gone too far in praising average or even underachieving children to the point that these children grow up and BELIEVE they are somehow superior. As they grow older, most of them discover and adopt to the real world but in some, it continuous and results in vaporous self-aggrandizing from a vacuous intellect.
Yup and it continues into college, where they get even smarter

Steven Crowder goes to UC Berkeley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUybMMYmpxo

Last edited by Kaz; 03-29-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #108
Kaz

Crowder gets mauled by angry teabaggers!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeaRJfvJokU
Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #109
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Drives: '13 BMW 535i M Sport / Ex M-B's: '11 & '10 & '06 E350's, '02 S500
Quote:
Well, since our #1 "non-liberal Democrat" isn't around to explain this phenomenon from the perspective of a vastly superior intellect, perhaps you or someone else can help us with this.

Why is "liberal" such a dirty word? I'm proud to be called a conservative, even if I cross over to the other side on a few, less important issues. Likewise, if you vote Democrat because you are liberal on the causes you care most about (in thewickedestone's case, abortion and religion), you are a liberal.

I have noticed more than a few Democrat voters have been ashamed to be viewed as liberal - IIRC even John Kerry was afflicted with this syndrome. Where do you think the stigma comes from and why can't it be overcome even in the era of the Great Chicago Messiah?
The only reason I don't say I'm fully "Liberal" is because I'm really not, actually, many of my natural characteristics are very "conservative" by the very definition of the word. Much of me is liberal by definition too, but I wouldn't really say I'm more one way or the other, it depends on what issues we're talking about.

I don't think Liberal is seen as much of a dirty word, and if it is, it's because of the endless array of smears its given by the Conservatives who can't stop tossing it around.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #110
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: John Deere
I'd like to point out that "Executive MBA" programs meet every other weekend, not full time as the OP claims.

So there is your first clue.
Air Marshall Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #111
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '13 BMW M5 & '14 Audi SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton View Post
I'd like to point out that "Executive MBA" programs meet every other weekend, not full time as the OP claims.

I was going to point that out too. Executive MBA programs are usually for those elitist @ss-kissers at work that a big company sponsors...or at least it was when I worked at a Big 4 accounting firm.

Tom
TMC M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #112

Drives: 2008 CLK 550, 2006 V-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
Already on probation. By week's end it'll probably be a 30-day timeout.
It appears that the moderators wanted to advance your timetable.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #113
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '11 E350
Quote:
It appears that the moderators wanted to advance your timetable.
To get back on topic...if there is one...I find some of the signs/slogans paraded by the 'teabaggers' idiotic and embarrassing. If the GOP needs this kind of discourse to fan the flames then we'll stay mired in the current doom and gloom political atmosphere. Elections won on "what's wrong with the other side" platforms end up like what we have today.
mleskovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #114

Drives: CLS55 AMG 030
Seems to me utter stupidity exists in every party. So by some peoples rationale ... this must be the typical Libtard and Obamanut.

Click the image to open in full size.
Their blood lust was satiated when someone started burning George Bush in effigy.

The crowd howled and screamed in excitement.

ZOMBIES ... THEY WALK AMONG US!!!

Ronald Reagan:
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ...

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
- signed Odumbo
JustPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #115
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 1999 C280
Send a message via AIM to NdnMbLova Send a message via MSN to NdnMbLova Send a message via Yahoo to NdnMbLova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
To get back on topic...if there is one...I find some of the signs/slogans paraded by the 'teabaggers' idiotic and embarrassing. If the GOP needs this kind of discourse to fan the flames then we'll stay mired in the current doom and gloom political atmosphere. Elections won on "what's wrong with the other side" platforms end up like what we have today.
Well said.
"They say that we want renewable energy, but we don't want you to put it anywhere," said Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in a speech at Yale University last year. "I mean, if we cannot put solar power plants in the Mojave Desert, I don't know where the hell we can put it."
NdnMbLova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #116

Drives: 2008 CLK 550, 2006 V-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPete View Post
So in other words ... your only intent was to come here and start threads making an *** of yourself and see how many people you could intentionally **** off.

Bye bye *** wipe ...
No, it was my intent to start a thread to show a bunch of bumpkins, as an experiment to see just how members would react to someone having an opinion in contrast to their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedG View Post
This was a wicked good thread!
Most popular thread of the week!

Quote:

I didn't shoot myself in the foot -- I simply followed the lead of the moderators.

I did say "vastly superior...in nearly every capacity."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
The funniest thing is, he comes in with the intent to contribute to a thoughtful, insightful thread, yet his claims of intellectual superiority have come under such a barrage that now the thread has devolved into his defense of all his prior statements and claims, which now actually negates any positive contributions to the topic and has now troll-like centered on him personally, which is a waste of his "superior intellect," because now we are deprived of what progress we could have made discussing the original topic.

Sure wish his brain was bigger than his ego, it'd save us all this useless waste of breath.

I mean, Sh*t, the guy has barely been here since breakfast, and he has not only contributed nothing, he has cost positive and valuable members, thereby actually resulting in negative contributions. If this were a bank, he'd owe the forum money.

<sniff sniff, sniff> what's that smell? Hmm, it smells like Troll in here.
Are you assuming that I've never had a bunch of blow-hards try to wolfpack me before? You're right -- if people didn't choose to keep asking questions about me, then they'd be able to post about the insightful topic of Teabaggers with poorly thought-out signs. Of course, I'm sure you're willing to distribute blame to those actually asking the questions, aren't you? I'd hate to think that you've maligned me for offering the courtesy of response to said questions.

In good news, my very superior intellect and my very awesome ego, while operating at an intersection in some cases, do operate with some modicum of mutual exclusivity, so you will be happy to know that you'll be privy to both! It can be the light at the end of your tunnel of poor analogies if you so choose. Free of charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I'll agree that schools, (and more often parents), have grown softer on children as of late, but I fail to see the correlation between that and the thread at-hand. However, I would like to know how you feel about, say, a friendly $50 wager? I have some ideas for a head-to-head challenge if you're game.

Quote:
It's a matter of linguistics, context and diction. "Conservative" and "Liberal" in and of themselves are simply ends of a spectrum, and loosely defined ones at that. Once someone uses either word as a pejorative, the context changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Crowder gets mauled by angry teabaggers!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeaRJfvJokU
Random pointed YouTube clips are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7XH8lfGMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton View Post

Funny, the schools, the government and the banks all consider EMBA students to be full-time. Yes, every other weekend, from morning through evening, with five courses per module, with real tests, real projects and real research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC M5 View Post
I was going to point that out too. Executive MBA programs are usually for those elitist @ss-kissers at work that a big company sponsors...or at least it was when I worked at a Big 4 accounting firm.

Tom
Thank you for boldly qualifying your statement, as I am paying out-of-pocket.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #117
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: John Deere
Two days bi-weekly is not full-time, Zach. It may surprise you that half of the people you replied to in your last post actually already have an MBA diploma on their wall.
Air Marshall Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #118
Kaz

Quote:

Random pointed YouTube clips are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7XH8lfGMc

Is that it? I think you have a blindspot or willful ignorance on what left wing violence and intolerance actually looks like

just another example, the second half of this page:

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/...inglepage=true
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #119
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2014 BMW 550i
alewifebp
Quote:
Is that it? I think you have a blindspot or willful ignorance on what left wing violence and intolerance actually looks like

I did like that post. The most interesting picture was of the F*** Capitalism t-shirt for $15, which seemingly was making someone some money, kind of negating the message.
alewifebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #120

Quote:

That was outstanding.

Yes, "there are extremists on both sides," but that doesn't mean that there is moral equivalency. The liberal fascists are much worse.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:52 AM   #121
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Drives: '13 BMW 535i M Sport / Ex M-B's: '11 & '10 & '06 E350's, '02 S500
LOL, really? That article didn't really prove much, and it seemed to come with a little slant, to say the least.

The tea-baggers all smiles (instead of the more common foaming-of-mouth characteristic we see from them usually), with nice airy blue skies behind them. While the Liberals get the murky, angry examples shown.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:02 AM   #122

Say what you will about the tea party folks, but their approval ratings are higher than Obama's!

What's more, the Great Messiah seems pretty timid when talking about them publicly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/...bama_tea_party
Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 AM   #123

Quote:
Say what you will about the tea party folks, but their approval ratings are higher than Obama's!

What's more, the Great Messiah seems pretty timid when talking about them publicly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/...bama_tea_party
Part of the lefts whining is the fact that the tea baggers represent a very significant political change. Organization and protest, a staple domain of the left is now used by the right....and to great effect.

Middle America taking to the streets IS an existential threat to left...and they and their Dear Leaders know it. That's why they are doing everything possible to de-legitimize it.....and it's backfinring.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 AM   #124

Quote:
That was outstanding.

Yes, "there are extremists on both sides," but that doesn't mean that there is moral equivalency. The liberal fascists are much worse.
Liberal fascists? It's not possible. You simply are not trained to see that political correctness, social engineering and big brother control is "progress".
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #125

Drives: a car that confirms all your prejudices
Quote:

I do think it's new and interesting that we have another liberal posting frequently. OT was increasingly in agreement and there's no drama in that!
Hmmm..... I couldn't possibly comment on why so few liberals keep posting, and why OT is dominated by right-wing lunatics reinforcing each other's prejudices.

Attached Thumbnails
A thread wherein I post pictures of Teabaggers for your amusement.-suspension.jpg  

Last edited by hkmb; 03-31-2010 at 10:14 PM.
hkmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM

Tags
date, find, funny, jason, libtards, mattera, mbworld, neighborhood, owned, pictures, post, teabagger, teabaggers, thread, vs