Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Off Topic Use this forum to discuss non-Mercedes related items or anything that doesn't belong in the above forums.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #2276

Drives: c63
i have seen the same thing as well as vice versa. i have yet to see one claim of iOS' advanced intuitive behavior be substatiated. please be the first
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

_timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2277
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2005 E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E55 View Post
I don't know what this reviewer was talking about... I found this to be extremely easy in iOS 6 without even reading about it or knowing that it was a feature... Click on the damn file, click on icon, and chose email/text... Not that hard at all...

It's morons like the above that give people like you delusions of what iOS can/can't do...
This reviewer shows exactly what I was talking about and you said you can easily do what I did on iOS and you just can't.

I proved it and you still say you can do it

Send me an email from your cell with 2 PDFs,2 mp3 and a zip file and you might as well through in a movie

Skratch77@AOL.com
skratch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #2278
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: '13 BMW 535i M Sport / Ex M-B's: '11 & '10 & '06 E350's, '02 S500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _timothy View Post
i have seen the same thing as well as vice versa. i have yet to see one claim of iOS' advanced intuitive behavior be substatiated. please be the first
It does come from both sides in this oddly vitriolic worldwide topic, but these days I see the vast majority coming from the "Android side". Extreme prejudice towards Apple or anyone who dares find anything Apple does superior.

I came into Android expecting some next-level stuff which made iOS feel like a childrens toy as that's what practically every Android user would have you believe, and I know numerous people personally who did the same thing.

Just about all of us are now longing for iOS after some time.

It's hard to explain sometimes the things that make Apple products or iOS "more" intuitive, or "more" this or that, but it's just how simple it is to use it. To me as far as getting things done as quickly as possible, my iOS Email never failed me, while my Android Email never automatically loads up (I have to manually refresh it, and this started happening out of nowhere just a few months ago, very annoying). Sometimes I need to reboot the phone for certain Widgets to work. I have Apps crashing pretty normally which never happened on iOS. Apps themselves seem universally superior on their iOS versions than on their Android versions as well. When I check my "Running Apps" there's all this junk there in the background.

Receiving texts on iOS was WAY easier as I could get them on the lock screen. I HATE having to "log into" my Android and boot the Message App to send texts back or even view them. Checking call logs is vastly superior on iOS as you see it all on the lock screen as well. Voicemails as well, much better on iOS.

Using SIRI (yes, I use my voice "Assistant" a lot, and it isn't for dumb games, just for simple things like setting reminders, clocks, weather, etc., etc.) was easy as you can activate it from the lock screen.

As well, a lot of it is about how it "feels". Android feels so "dim and murky" to me, especially via the crude look and feel of Touchwizz. The bloatware gets in the way of intuition as it's like having cheesy billboard advertisements all over your phone.

What I do like, like I said, is the features via dropdown menu, which is more intuitive than iOS, and closing Apps, which is as well. But again, iOS7 fixes that, and I'll wager in a more elegant way as well.

I DO NOT "hate" Android, I just think it's been overhyped to levels of hyping I haven't witnessed before it. Android users would have you believe that "you're an idiot" if you don't think it's the most supreme thing in the universe, which further proves my theory that much of it is rabid prejudice (I'm trying to avoid the word "fanboy" here as best I can) against the competing product (APPLE).

Oh, and I too am not crazy about all the Google bloatware installed on the phone, especially since I don't have many Google accounts. And to top it off, it's very annoying when you read about a new version of Android coming out and realizing your phone doesn't get it right away.

.... Oh and one more thing! On Apps like Twitter and CNBC, etc. on iOS external links open up fluidly WITHIN the Apps. On Android they open up the entirely separate browser which is not only slow and crude, but annoying and drains extra battery. Speaking of which, Safari is far more intuitive and refined over the crap browser on my GS3.

Last edited by K-A; 07-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.
K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #2279
MBWorld Fanatic!

I get texts on my lock screen and can easily reply to them from it and you have sync turned off on the drop down down bar.

You are *****ing about little things that you don't take the 5 seconds to fix.

Apps never crash on iOS right?

What's annoying is people that have a gs3 or gs4 and are not using the power of open source and customising the cell to fit there needs.you are still using the phone like it was a locked down phone.

Grow some ***** and root and unlock the phone and run a custom ROM

Last edited by skratch77; 07-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #2280

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
root and unlock the phone and run a custom ROM
K-A, I respect your opinion, but every complaint you have has been addressed by the open source community. skratch is dead on. be more proactive with your complaints and you will be pleasantly surprised. if you'd rather just complain and wait for iOS7 that is certainly your prerogative as a consumer.

if nothing else, root and flash CM. the CM flash process backs up your phone as it is, is easily restorable etc in its entirety. CM itself is far closer to "pure" android that samsung's OEM interface. I will grant you that you will have to take extra steps to save your text messages and other items but heck, there are complete iphone themes! (http://cyanogenmodthemes.com/tag/iphone-theme/)

Last edited by _timothy; 07-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #2281
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2008 CL600 designo Mocha Black/Cognac Black
Quote:
While you guys were glued to your computer waiting for my response, I was in my bedroom phukking a couple of models... That's the difference between Android and iPhone... iPhone is for women... Android is for real men...
While the humor is there, the solution is not.

But, I have a solution. Stevo whispered it into my ear.

Just sing out your PDF file, save it in mp3 format, attach and send with your email.

Red Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #2282
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental SuperSports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
OUCH!!!!

http://www.redmondpie.com/massive-an...droid-devices/
06E55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #2283

take a break from banging granny BBW models to post up a nonstory?

Quote:
Like most Android issues, this one is pretty much avoided so long as you stick with the Google Play Store and don’t start using those notoriously dodgy third-party offerings.
or did you just read the sensationalist nature of the story's title?

jailbreak your iphone, install a questionable piece of software from an unknown source and see what happens.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #2284
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

I dunno you guys. Now my POS "S Voice" isn't even registering anything. I'm so sick of this overrated sh** GS3 with its slow a$$, glitch heavy operation and children's toy plastic.

I'm just tired of it and knowing it well enough firsthand it makes me mad when people try and act like these Galaxy phones are superior to anything. Slime green RGB AMOLED tinted screens make everything suck automatically already.

I'm just over it. While I type this there's even a delay and stutter while the processor tries to register something so simple. My friend on his second GS3 says pretty much the exact same things.

Timothy, I do respect and appreciate your opinion as well. I'm just not gonna try and salvage such a flawed product. I just want something done right from the get go.

Last edited by K-A; 07-04-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #2285
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: CLS63 Designo Edition, CLS500(Sold), E320, R500, 300M (Sold)
bhines5@msn.com
Send a message via MSN to bigben320e
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
You guys need to re-read how I was writing that (Apple's perspective). I said considering the position apple is in where they're defending theft of their legally obtained IP, if I was the CEO I'd fight back this way. You can supply all the Xerox links you'd like and I'm sure it's all valid but it doesn't change the fact that the modern revolution of mobile tech rides on Apple's factual IP, was first popularized and/or introduced buy Apple, and is a result of aApples leadership. Android wouldn't have existed.
They all copy. They all use inspiration, can we just agree on that and move on? The copy argument is tiring, and well covered. Apple is no saint and everyone follows what they do and vice versa with MS, Google, or anyone else.

Quote:
As for open source.... I hate it. It's what's allowed this clutter on the OS and bloatware, etc.

Closed source for me please.
Preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
You and I enjoy little dabs at each other, but all due respect you don't know what are you talking about.
Open source invites young minds (usually 14-16) to write code, revolutionary code, older minds wouldn't think about.
What are you afraid of! Root your phone and enjoy your ride.
One of my biggest befuddlement, all of us here on MBW like to tinker, do upgrades, boost torque/hp and such. Why not with your phone?
Exactly, we need open source and closed source. They are the ying-yang to keep the wheels going, they cannot exist without the other.

Quote:
Of course we do and all in good fun.

I totally understand why someone wants/needs Open Source. No beef there. I'm just not into needing to customize my phone. I feel Androids open source hurts it for those like me who don't want to really mess with it. It disallows it to be as fluid and refined as an iOS, allows so much fragmentation it starts to become a mess, the bloatware on mine is out of control, as 06 said and I agree it looks/feels "Developery" sometimes. Also, it's hard to trust that you're getting first rate Apps as there's so much junk.

Again though, some need Open Source to get what they desire, I'm just not one of them.
Fragmentation exists in all ecosystems, remember I posted up the definition of fragmentation in regards to technology? By definition, all of them mobile and desktop have fragmentation.

Again, this is a preference thing and your opinion on what looks like developemental or what looks finished.

Quote:
It isn't hard at all to do this in iOS... And I know from experience with my HTC One, I needed AndroiZip (or something similar) to be able to zip/unzip zip files with it....

It is very easy to open a PDF, Word, Excel in iOS from an email. Just click on it and it opens. I can also print to a network printer. I do it all the time while watching TV in my house and print to my office... Yes, send me an mp3 and I can use it like I bought it in iTunes...

I don't know why you think you can't do this on an iPhone....
OK...so what is it? Can you do this on an iPhone or not. A simple email sent to an iPhone by the same person and post results would end this discussion.

Quote:
I find this quite ironic; without the android progression made through the XDA and open source community, iphone users would still be circa ios2 without copy/paste. apple has been playing catch up for quite a while now and are literally 1-2 years behind the technology curve. from the ios7 previews, it looks like nothing more than a skinned 4.2 jelly bean. if only i had the foresight to buy apple puts.

all that i will say in defense of apple is that since it is also a unix based platform, once you jailbreak, the same functionality is there. however, lets not forget how archaic iOS really is. its based on nextstep from the 90s. the reality is that its not about who did it first as much as it is who is doing it better. given the evolution, over the past few years, that should be obvious to all but the blind supporters of apple. it looks like apple's new strategic goal is to piggy back on pre-existing android features, rip the open source code, and spend all of their time skinning then circle jerk about how great ios is. to those clinging to iOS, i say, enjoy your phone wrapped in a cheap plastic case that doubles the total height and obscures any "beauty" that you cling to.
Very good points.

Quote:
A smooth/fluid interface that is actually nice to look at and doesn't feel like the hodgepodge of shLt that Android is!!!! Android seemed like my son wanted to build something but instead of actually building it from the ground up, he took existing parts and just put them together and jimmy rigged it... Yep, that about explains Android...

And I HATED all that Google shlt!!!!!! Google Music? Seriously? Horrible!

I'd rather use my old StarTac than Android any day!!!
Yet you said the One was great at one time. Google Music is one of the most easiest and intuitive cloud based music services I have ever used, and I use a lot.

Quote:
I guarantee that when iOS7 gets released to the masses the current form of Android will look and feel like stale bread with spam spread. Even pro Android reviewers are giving it major props. I think any Android user with an open mind to not be so married to Android and hateful of Apple will truly be in for a surprise.
I said iOS7 looks nice, as it looks like Win7 translucence, Win8 flat icons, and a mix of Android wiz. Does that mean Android is stale? What does it actually mean if someone that prefers Android says iOS7 looks nice? I think you are jumping the gun. Quite a bit.

This is preference and keep in perspective that Key Lime Pie is coming as well.

Quote:
with a response like this, i'm pretty sure I do. ios was not built from the ground up. in fact, you don't really have any idea what you're talking about so this is a futile discussion.
Good points again. It wasn't, and anyone saying it does well...are out of their depth on the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Marko View Post
skratch77, K-A is right, caught it up! What's right is right...
Quote:
Just stop dude. We had official numbers, we had analyst numbers, it was a blowout, iPhone 5 crushed it and Apple only counts phones delivered to people's hands, not stocking (Samsung apparently only provides stocking to inflate numbers if anything). You have no idea who stocked what aside from your rampant Android obsession which won't allow you to see the truth even when it's right in front of your face. Common human psychology.... make up stories to allow your comfort zone to make sense of it.

You owe me $300, plain and simple. You want credibility? Honor the bet YOU STARTED and constantly berated me about when you were gloating about how much you'd "win". Sucks to lose, but you made a bad bet, I knew that, and that's why I made the good bet. I won, now you owe me money. MAN UP and pay up, especially since you still come here with your pro-Android vitriol constantly.
I wish Skratch would have just paid up based on the terms of the bet. That was the honorable thing to do, as US numbers iPhone 5 did that. No denying. Globally in that quarter, Samsung S3 was holding the scepter.

Quote:
While you guys were glued to your computer waiting for my response, I was in my bedroom phukking a couple of models... That's the difference between Android and iPhone... iPhone is cool and sheik... Android is geek...
Well, it depends on what two models you were doing. That is really a wide open door.

iPhones are not just with cool factors, same can be said about Android or W8, as they all have cool factors and methods in which they handle tasks. They are just phones at the end of the day. People will choose what they want to use.

Quote:

jailbreak your iphone, install a questionable piece of software from an unknown source and see what happens.
I guess that part is missed, and pretty often. Installing third party tools into ANY environment carries a risk, and you as an individual/business have to carry the burden of that risk and understand it.

Quote:
I dunno you guys. Now my POS "S Voice" isn't even registering anything. I'm so sick of this overrated sh** GS3 with its slow a$$, glitch heavy operation and children's toy plastic.

I'm just tired of it and knowing it well enough firsthand it makes me mad when people try and act like these Galaxy phones are superior to anything. Slime green RGB AMOLED tinted screens make everything suck automatically already.

I'm just over it. While I type this there's even a delay and stutter while the processor tries to register something so simple. My friend on his second GS3 says pretty much the exact same things.

Timothy, I do respect and appreciate your opinion as well. I'm just not gonna try and salvage such a flawed product. I just want something done right from the get go.
All I can say is..I hope you find what you want and soon. This GS3 hate relationship you have is agonizing for you, I hope that either some Android device meets your standard, or the next iPhone, which seems to be a never-ending story of hurry up and wait comes. Even then, no guarantees on a bigger phone.

When you say a flawed product, you are talking about your GS3 not Android correct? Just wanted to verify. I don't vibe well with Samsung's phones, I really can't comment except for the over saturated touchwiz.

iPhone apps do crash, some are not optimal, not to mention some anomalies with the iPhones themselves. So..nothing would actually suit your statement of something done right from the get go. Correct? By definition, things done right work flawlessly and technology by design...never fits that bill. Never will.

Guys, at the end of the day, what do we gather?

Phone choices are just preferences, just as with women, laptops, cars, etc. We can talk about them all, and have intelligent discussions and have fun with it. No phone or ecosystem is king, they all have their faults and advantages. Bottom line.

Now let's keep it on tack discussing the new things coming for them all, and not fall into rabbit holes on the smaller stuff. Too much of this thread fell into that in the past.

The Laundry List
Nexus next phone?
Key Lime Pie? Will it be delicious?
iOS7 final product?
Next iPhone? Size increased? Will it blend?
Next Nokia?
What will the Motorola X phone actually do? OMG!
Will the Nexus 7.7 tablet come this summer?
Will 06 time reveal those strippers? Are they really the nannies?
Will KA FINALLY kill his GS3 and get an iPhone big enough for his meat hooks?
Red Marko..did he REALLY push that red button?

These are the things I want to know. Coming soon.

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's
bigben320e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #2286
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental SuperSports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Quote:

So, you only allow apps from Google Play Store? Then what's the point of loving Android for it's "openness?" I have had every single iPhone that I have owned jailbroken and NEVER had any problems installing ANYTHING from any source... Point, Blank, Period.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #2287

Quote:
So, you only allow apps from Google Play Store? Then what's the point of loving Android for it's "openness?" I have had every single iPhone that I have owned jailbroken and NEVER had any problems installing ANYTHING from any source... Point, Blank, Period.
first of all, there is no such thing as a secure operating system. there are malicious executables on every platform that exist. i shouldn't have to point this out to such a scholar as yourself but the actual act of jail breaking or rooting (even though there are huge differences in what each allows) exploits security gaps within an architecture for a purpose, akin to malware or a virus. furthermore, failure to change the root password after jail breaking creates exponentially greater exposure. BUT I'M SURE YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT.

enough with the moronic blanket statements, i'm embarassed for you as i read your posts

Last edited by _timothy; 07-05-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #2288
MBWorld Fanatic!

Went over my brothers house for the 4th and he just installed a new plasma TV and was trying to load the YouTube app on it and I just pulled out my gs4 and blasted YouTube to the screen in seconds

No need to buy any other hardware and was simple to do.

He is ditching his iPhone 5 for a note 3 when they come out Lol

Apple is locked down while android uses open platform standards like dlna xbmc and mirracast and all major new appliances have these standards

You can use mirracast through WiFi direct and you don't even have to connect the TV to a home network

Maybe ios10 will get this and maybe by then you will be able to upload files to an email without having to do it in apps that support only specific file types and be able to upload and email multiple files without having to send out a bunch of emails.

Last edited by skratch77; 07-05-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #2289
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:

Again if you hate the gs3 so much why do you keep using it? You have admitted before you are very apple biased and a true fanboy yet you bought a gs3 and basically trash talk everything about the device like the people over at apple insider and macrumors.

All you do is talk **** about it and how its such a pos and has all these issues but still use the darn thing.

Go buy a different phone if its so horrible to use.My hunch says you really don't have any issues with your gs3 and just like to post about it showing your true apple biased and like putting it down but in the end android wins as it took over one of apples biggest supporters.

Typed this on my perfect running galaxy s4 on its beautiful award winning HD super amoled screen that has a better white balance then the mighty iPhone 5

It must kill you knowing how awesome the gs4 is and you hating Samsung and android so much.

Ohh and if your not a fan of amoled the HTC one can hand a very huge *** kicking to the iPhone 5 even when it gets its AMAZING ios7 update Lol
Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #2290
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:
Exactly, backpedal and ignore stuff I proved you wrong on...
Wtf have you proved me wrong on? You have done nothing to support your claim of being able to do what I did threw the email and open file system android uses.

Seriously man are you OK
Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #2291
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
Again if you hate the gs3 so much why do you keep using it? You have admitted before you are very apple biased and a true fanboy yet you bought a gs3 and basically trash talk everything about the device like the people over at apple insider and macrumors.

All you do is talk **** about it and how its such a pos and has all these issues but still use the darn thing.

Go buy a different phone if its so horrible to use.My hunch says you really don't have any issues with your gs3 and just like to post about it showing your true apple biased and like putting it down but in the end android wins as it took over one of apples biggest supporters.

Typed this on my perfect running galaxy s4 on its beautiful award winning HD super amoled screen that has a better white balance then the mighty iPhone 5

It must kill you knowing how awesome the gs4 is and you hating Samsung and android so much.

Ohh and if your not a fan of amoled the HTC one can hand a very huge *** kicking to the iPhone 5 even when it gets its AMAZING ios7 update Lol
You sound like a 10 year old who humps his Samsung handsets. Unbelievable.

I think it's a piece of junk, plagued with sacrifices. You simply don't know objective quality if you think a GS3 or even GS4 is "amazing". You've been brainwashed by Samsung marketing. As far as I'm concerned via my experiences; these phones are garbage and insanely overrated and my every second with it proves that. I am highly unimpressed considering the MASSIVE hype they constantly shove down your throat. The AMOLED is a crappy-regressive RGB version and has the worst color reproduction in the market.

I used an S3 and S4 extensively and THEY'RE THE SAME CRAP! Even the screens are basically identical looking. I watched vids on both and really couldn't see such a "HUGE" difference (very slight difference). I'm sick of Samsung marketing brainwashing impressionable people to be so arrogant about these neon screened plastics while dissing superior products and those who use them.

If you want to back up your hysterical praising of a product then at least get an HTC One so it's believable. I even understand those who praise Nokia up and down.

Samsung stock is already taking a ride down because GS4 sales are big time slumping based on initial projections. People are finally waking up.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Last edited by K-A; 07-05-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #2292
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh and if you want anything you say re: your constant fanboying over Samsung be legitimized then pay up on the bet you lost when this crap GS3 got its butt handed to it by a tiny little phone. Otherwise you sound like one of the trolls Samsung pays to go into forums to attack Apple and other competitors. Shady and disengenuous.

Pay up!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #2293

If stock price is an indicator of the public concensus and people are finally waking up re: Samsung, then it stands to reason that theyve already woke up re: apple.

S4 screen is 1080, s3 is 720 using corning gorilla glass not plastic. Why does everyone hate plastic anyway? I don't get that. On the other hand, IPhone is what? 480 w substandard generic tempered glass that is remarkably easy to break? Oh but its "retina" display. And let's not forget that the hardware is roughly 2 years obsolete at time of release for a premium price. OK.jpg. THAT is marketing at its finest and people swallow it right up.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #2294

Agrd if you made a bet pay the man.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #2295
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:
If stock price is an indicator of the public concensus and people are finally waking up re: Samsung, then it stands to reason that theyve already woke up re: apple.

S4 screen is 1080, s3 is 720 using corning gorilla glass not plastic. Why does everyone hate plastic anyway? I don't get that. On the other hand, IPhone is what? 480 w substandard generic tempered glass that is remarkably easy to break? Oh but its "retina" display. And let's not forget that the hardware is roughly 2 years obsolete at time of release for a premium price. OK.jpg. THAT is marketing at its finest and people swallow it right up.
I think what's happening to Samsung is basically what happened to Apple.

The S4 like most Samsungs is a darling on paper, but it just doesn't translate in person, IMO. People talked of the GS3 like it was Jesus' reincarnation and I have one and think it's really unimpressive in every single measure. The S3/S4 have these high "screen" stats but they just don't look good or accurate in person. Apple doesn't go the stat route so much but practically every comparison shows the iPhone 5's display as still far superior to accurate reproduction of real life images/colors than even the S4.

As for the bet, yep, it was a bet he made, paraded around about how much he'd win through his Sammy goggles, then lost and disappeared, and tried to make up some made-up, bogus claims to save face. Pathetic.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #2296
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: CLS63 Designo Edition, CLS500(Sold), E320, R500, 300M (Sold)
bhines5@msn.com
Send a message via MSN to bigben320e
Quote:
You sound like a 10 year old who humps his Samsung handsets. Unbelievable.

I think it's a piece of junk, plagued with sacrifices. You simply don't know objective quality if you think a GS3 or even GS4 is "amazing". You've been brainwashed by Samsung marketing. As far as I'm concerned via my experiences; these phones are garbage and insanely overrated and my every second with it proves that. I am highly unimpressed considering the MASSIVE hype they constantly shove down your throat. The AMOLED is a crappy-regressive RGB version and has the worst color reproduction in the market.

I used an S3 and S4 extensively and THEY'RE THE SAME CRAP! Even the screens are basically identical looking. I watched vids on both and really couldn't see such a "HUGE" difference (very slight difference). I'm sick of Samsung marketing brainwashing impressionable people to be so arrogant about these neon screened plastics while dissing superior products and those who use them.

If you want to back up your hysterical praising of a product then at least get an HTC One so it's believable. I even understand those who praise Nokia up and down.

Samsung stock is already taking a ride down because GS4 sales are big time slumping based on initial projections. People are finally waking up.
Good points KA. The GS3/4 have been rather..what's the word am I looking for? Lackluster? They are and have sold in the millions, so some like them but for me I don't see much difference either. The saturation needs to be toned down, not to mention the gimmicks.

I am glad you pointed out Nokia, HTC, and don't forget about some others, ahem Nexus 4. BB10 is even a nicely built phone.

Quote:
Oh and if you want anything you say re: your constant fanboying over Samsung be legitimized then pay up on the bet you lost when this crap GS3 got its butt handed to it by a tiny little phone. Otherwise you sound like one of the trolls Samsung pays to go into forums to attack Apple and other competitors. Shady and disengenuous.

Pay up!
Quote:
Agrd if you made a bet pay the man.
That is about the only problem that keeps rearing it's ugly head. That damn bet, even when Skratch (no disrespect Skratch) has a good point the manner in how the bet was handled was just as we say..dirt.

KA- Where I and some others dig on you is about when you selectively ignore certain posts when asked questions or points are made on areas you talked about.

Quote:
I think what's happening to Samsung is basically what happened to Apple.

The S4 like most Samsungs is a darling on paper, but it just doesn't translate in person, IMO. People talked of the GS3 like it was Jesus' reincarnation and I have one and think it's really unimpressive in every single measure. The S3/S4 have these high "screen" stats but they just don't look good or accurate in person. Apple doesn't go the stat route so much but practically every comparison shows the iPhone 5's display as still far superior to accurate reproduction of real life images/colors than even the S4.

As for the bet, yep, it was a bet he made, paraded around about how much he'd win through his Sammy goggles, then lost and disappeared, and tried to make up some made-up, bogus claims to save face. Pathetic.
Good points again, some I agree with you on. Even though..some of this is objective.

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's
bigben320e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #2297
K-A
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks, Ben. Not sure which I've ignored but feel free to ask again if you want.

I in no way am advocating the iPhone 5 as the leader of the Smartphone segments to my preferences either. But the Galaxy phones are just overhyped to levels I've never witnessed, and my disappointment with mine make it practically frustrating to witness.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #2298
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quote:
first of all, there is no such thing as a secure operating system. there are malicious executables on every platform that exist. i shouldn't have to point this out to such a scholar as yourself but the actual act of jail breaking or rooting (even though there are huge differences in what each allows) exploits security gaps within an architecture for a purpose, akin to malware or a virus. furthermore, failure to change the root password after jail breaking creates exponentially greater exposure. BUT I'M SURE YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT.

enough with the moronic blanket statements, i'm embarassed for you as i read your posts
I never stated that there was such a thing as a secure operating system. Nor did I even imply that there was. YOU are the one that said the security flaw in Android was a non-issue. I didn't even mention rooting... You don't have to have root access to allow non-authorized apps on Android. You just check a little box in the settings and you are good to go....

And yes, I leave my root password as alpine in all of my devices...
Old 07-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #2299
MBWorld Fanatic!

This thread is absolutely ridiculous... Who *really* cares if Apple's OS is "behind" Android in terms of features or if Apple's hardware is "ahead" of Samsung??? Seriously, I think there are much more important things in life to worry about than whether or not I can attach specific file types to my emails on my dang cell phone. Seriously!?!?!?!?!?!? Peace out guys...
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #2300

Quote:
I never stated that there was such a thing as a secure operating system. Nor did I even imply that there was. YOU are the one that said the security flaw in Android was a non-issue. I didn't even mention rooting... You don't have to have root access to allow non-authorized apps on Android. You just check a little box in the settings and you are good to go....

And yes, I leave my root password as alpine in all of my devices...
that's the point, it is a nonissue. the user is in control of their own device and can install whatever they want at their discretion. the door swings both ways on all systems. also, i guarantee you're not going to post up your phone's IP address. or are you? don't worry, the iphone is secure
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Tags
2012, android, apple, deck, defections, industries, iphone, market, powered, share, takes, tech, vbulletin, vice, world, worldwide