Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

C63 loud exhaust on a C350? HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Question C63 loud exhaust on a C350? HELP

Hello everyone,

I have a C350 2013 with AMG package. I want to get the quad exhausts and start listening to the sexy sound, exactly the same as c63's exhaust sound. So I have been looking through the internet and I found only these...and I am not sure about them too.
1-RENNtech
2-Sonic MS
3-Eisenmann Race
4-Meisterschaft Race

So guys I want that sexy sound so bad. but at the same time I don't want my car to get screwed. Please can I have your suggestions?

Thanks all,
El-Debs
Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 S600 Designo, 03 SL500, 03 ML500, 2016 E400
Your 3.0 V6 will never sound anything close to the 6.2L V8 in a C63. If you change the exhaust you might get more sound, but it's not going to be the deep grunt you're looking for. I would recommend you save your money for a different type of mod.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W201 190E 3.0 M103
Indeed, open the exhaust tuning right up on any six like that gets you a "metallic snarl" at full throttle compared to the "growling roar" of a big V8. However it is still a really nice sound, definitely sounds track worthy at full throttle rising up the engine speed range.

Trick is though, at lower engine speeds and part throttle an exhaust like what you're suggesting or even halfway there tends to sound just metallic no matter how nicely tuned, which is whole galaxies away from the subtle burble of a nicely tuned 8. It even sounds a little strained as it starts loading up, where the 8 sounds like it's just waking up from a snooze. And when it idles you know what it'll sound like with a quad system like that? Like it's clapped out.
It's only really when you open it right up that a quick six with big pipes sounds really nice, and snarls with audible grunt.

So following what smoothride said and to further, my advice even without being particularly familiar with your model (but all my modded cars have been sixes as a preference), well my advice is do not go putting a seriously opened up exhaust on the six. And not with quad diffusers, you won't like it.

You have to compromise with a tuned six between an annoying sound in regular driving and a strong performance at full throttle which has a nice throaty snarl to it. A lot of the time you're really looking at just swapping out any choke points in the stock system in a Merc, you won't even need to change the diffuser tailpipes. A nice tubular set of aftermarket headers if available can really tune up the note without making it annoying.
But don't go too big on the system, you'll hate it unless your gas pedal spends all its time on the floor and even then it gets old.

You don't want it to sound like a rice cooker on a big four at cruise speeds, literally the most annoying droning sound in the universe.

Last edited by vanir; 02-15-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Benz, GLA250 4matic
I say straight pipe after cats, w/ an X pipe, NO mufflers, put on a pair of glass packs to reduce drone, maybe even 2 pairs if u still think it's too loud...those exhaust systems are overrated IMO. The X pipe and cats will keep u from losing back pressure and much less for sound, that's my set up and I love it. It's also the least expensive way to go, you'll also get the most "growl" more than those system anyway.

It won't be a C63 roar but it'll still sound mean
Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by El-Debs
Hello everyone,

I have a C350 2013 with AMG package. I want to get the quad exhausts and start listening to the sexy sound, exactly the same as c63's exhaust sound. So I have been looking through the internet and I found only these...and I am not sure about them too.
1-RENNtech
2-Sonic MS
3-Eisenmann Race
4-Meisterschaft Race

So guys I want that sexy sound so bad. but at the same time I don't want my car to get screwed. Please can I have your suggestions?

Thanks all,
El-Debs

I went Meisterschaft HP Touring and am very happy with the results. It doesn't sound like a C63 and never will. The motors are very different. Your car sounds more BMWE46 M3/Porsche 911 sounding because it is a 6 not an 8.

My exhaust exhibits very little drone and is good for daily use. It perhaps doesn't make as much noise up top as I'd like. Thinking about a mid section for it.

Having mates with exhausts on 6 cylinder motors who have been a bit more aggressive, if you start hacking out resonators and things though they start to sound to raspy and irritating IMO. You want nice deep but clean noise I reckon. Buy a nice system and don't stuff it up.

Have a look at the SuperSprint one - I reckon that looks pretty good.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz C350 Sport
Did you do touring w/ an xpipe? How much louder it is?