Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

CLK55 Intake modification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK w208 320
CLK55 Intake modification

Hi Guys,

I don't really post on here much at all as you can probably see from my post count, I tend to live over on mercedesclub.org, but thought I would start frequenting here more regularly after a chat today with SavMan

The story is, that I like my CLK55 Cab, but it is a bit on the lardy side and could respond better I feel.

I started thinking about moving to a 63 next year, but then also wondered what could be done to my 55 to help improve drive ability.

My 55 already has the 63 calipers and disc set up (aka AMG Performance package) and is fully specd up and has additional Designo options such as paint, leather etc. I really do love the car other than wanting just a bit more go, so improving her is also a valid option.

Anyhow, there isn't much information on tuning over on mercedesclub, I believe a supercharger is the way to go, however, whilst I am searching to put together the kit and weighing up all the pro's and cons there are some other things I may as well get done to the car to.

I have contacted a tuner in the UK regarding removal of the secondary cats and resonator, and also about a custom EuroCharged map. I understand Jerry offers subsequent remaps after initial, so it sounds like there is nothing to loose in the interim by getting a map done.

For the small cost of modifying the intake and changing the filters, I also thought that for now while I am piecing together the parts and plan to charge the car that I may as well play with the intake. My reason for this is that I recently changed the CPS and cleaned the intake and filter boxes, I noticed the filters could do with replacing as they have seen better days, the car is currently a daily driver so I would like to do this sooner rather than later. So I am going to order x2 BMC's anyhow for now. I have heard that the 55 intake varies by car, but it is common to remove the intake tracks on the inside. I haven't actually found specifics on whether all top and bottom tracks are removed and the benefits however, but for a free mod in the interim it sounds like it may be worth doing.

I wondered if anyone on here who is in the know be able to let me know what is worth modifying on the stock CLK55 intake, as I may as well do this over the next week when I swap out the filters.

Cheers!