Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E 200K W211 2007
MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) Cleaner

Dear All,

Thank you for this great forum, I had been checking the posts here for while by now, and finally decided to register.

I purchased a W211 E200K 2007 a couple of weeks ago, and here in Jordan this car is very expensive ($42K) due to customs .

Anyway, I noticed that the car is underpowered and it jerks a little bit, after replacing the old air filter element (which was in a very bad situation) and the Kompressor hoses the performance got better a lot. still I feel that the car is not driving steadily.

I scanned the car for error codes and found code P1072, which indicates a dirty or damaged MAF sensor. I read through the posts and it turns out that I need to clean the MAF sensor, noting that I don't get any check engine light or any other indication.

The problem is I didn't find a MAF sensor cleaner here in Jordan, instead I went for electronics contact cleaners, and I got a spray-bottle of the most sensitive one, it is used for cleaning magnetic heads for videos/DVDs/sensitive equipment, the cleaner web site is http://www.kontaktchemie.com/KOC/KOC...uct=VIDEO%2090
and it should be a reliable one.

Do you think I should use it or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Suhail
Old 01-18-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E 200K W211 2007
and another more elaborating link
https://www.buerklin.com/datenblaett...g.pdf?ch=84654