Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

E350 Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Exclamation E350 Issues.

Hi everyone, I have a '06 E350 and I am having problems where when I am at at stop, my car tends to shake. Also, sometimes when I start the engine, the car does a constant shake and the check engine light flashes off and on. Any suggestions on why this is happening?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Could have multiple causes. Pull the codes to which cylinders are misfiring, then focus on the basics: spark, fuel, and air. Spark plugs, spark plug wires, air leaks into the intake manifold, coils, etc.

Could also be caused by a bad crank/cam position sensor, clogged fuel filter (low fuel flow), weak fuel pump (low fuel flow), EGR valve (remaining slightly open at idle causing the idle mixture to be too diluted with air) or bad timing belt (not a problem with these engines but it once took me four months to trace my CELs and intermittent misfire to a bad timing belt...*after* replacing all of the previously mentioned items!).

Start with the codes and then move forward in logical sequence.