Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

FAIR WARNING: BEKKERS ARE SCAMMERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C240 Wagon
FAIR WARNING: BEKKERS ARE SCAMMERS

Hi everyone,

I am a new member, and I have already posted this story in the "New Member Check-In" forum. I wanted to do it here as well to insure that viewers see my unfortunate dilemna with Bekkers.

Simply put, Bekkers refuses to refund me my $600 from a order that I cancelled due to an extensively long backorder. I have a Mercedes C240 2005, and I ordered the nice illuminated door sills from them without first checking the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to make sure the company was legitimate. BIG MISTAKE.

I first ordered the sills back in November of 2013. That's right. The year was 2013. All this time, the sills were supposedly on backorder. In the early months of 2014, Bekkers told me the sills had arrived in their warehouse but they could not locate them due to it getting mixed up in another shipment from Germany. I bought this excuse and was patient enough to give them time to locate the item.

I contacted them again, and they told me they would be giving me tracking numbers which never happened. I was working at the time, so it was difficult to go back and forth with these lies from them on the phone. So after those early months, then ultimately the month of August 2014 came and I decided to just cancel the order since the company lied to me and that the item was still on backorder.

Bekkers has not sent me my $600 back that I spent in 2013 for the backordered product. They also avoid my calls totally, and they avoid my emails requesting status on my refund. Now it is December, and I just don't understand how they can treat their customers this way. They seem to not give a damn. Now I am unemployed at the moment, and still no sign of my refund, no status updates at all from Bekkers, no letter, no email, and no phone call. What is a guy to do in this situation?

I filed a report with BBB, but Bekkers is not registered with them as a company (surprise surprise). Furthermore, all the complaints against Bekkers from other customers have been closed out due to Bekkers not responding at all to the complaints. The BBB has given the rating of "F" to Bekkers for not addressing any of the complaints.

So I am making it my mission to inform all members new and old, that you are better off avoiding any dealings with such a scandalous business. I am in total shock that Bekkers still has not yet sent me my refund, and I am shocked even more that they will not answer my calls into them requesting status on my refund! I am now getting a lawyer to take them to small claims court. Unbelievable.

I appreciate everyone taking time to read my rant here about this business. I hope everyone have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kevin