Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

W203 Car Wrapping DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C180 CL203 (W203 coupe) 2002
W203 Car Wrapping DIY

Hi guys

Just I would to making a car wrapping around my lovely merc, some similar that U see on the photo below.

What you think guys, can I do these works myself with a decoration routine? Actually, I never did this, but I had a permanent job on the graphics and design factory, before few years ago, and had a lot of different outdoors job, with similar foils. So is not a first time than I meet with this foils.
Can you give any advise, how to do, what the level of the difficulty of these works, please?
Any cold and warm advise will be appreciated
Thanks and the stars be with you
Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Originally Posted by varangy
Hi guys

Just I would to making a car wrapping around my lovely merc, some similar that U see on the photo below.

What you think guys, can I do these works myself with a decoration routine? Actually, I never did this, but I had a permanent job on the graphics and design factory, before few years ago, and had a lot of different outdoors job, with similar foils. So is not a first time than I meet with this foils.
Can you give any advise, how to do, what the level of the difficulty of these works, please?
Any cold and warm advise will be appreciated
Thanks and the stars be with you
I've been reading up on wrapping techniques myself and from what I've gathered, especially for a full car wrap, is a LOT of patience, research, and time. 40-60 hours WITH a couple helpers to stretch the vinyl and such for a first timer seems average. I am going to pick up some material to do window trim and such soon.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
what about plasti dipping it, Its allot easier than wrapping, and easier to remove if you dont like it.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Originally Posted by gixxerboy
what about plasti dipping it, Its allot easier than wrapping, and easier to remove if you dont like it.
I've seen a few dipped cars. Professionally is so so in my opinion. It has a kind of textured finish. I would go with the wrap personally. It would be hard I think if it's your daily driver though (downtime) and if you don't have any friends....

If considering wrapping a car buy some smaller pieces and try some trim, or other smaller projects first. I'll be clear, I'm not a pro... also know that when wrapping you should plan on a great deal of disassembly to hide the seams... lights, grill, handles, trim, wheel whells, etc....