Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes Benz C240
Help!

I have a 2001 Merc C240 - recently had new fuel/auxiliary pump installed, new fuel filter, spark plugs, fuel injection service - a bunch of repairs done. Not done at a Mercedes service center but done at a reliable service center. It seems ever since the fuel pump install the car, when coming to yield or a stop, the car tends to shutter like it will stall but doesn't - it also has no gas or acceloration response during this shutter episode. It has put me into a few scary situations where I have no gas response at all. My engine light has never come on. Any ideas? I heard I may have to have the computer reflashed - would that clear this up? The car no longer has the spunk or speed it used to.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS550
Take it back to the shop you had the work done at. Let them know about the problem, take them on a test drive so you can replicate it for them or they can drive it themselves and see it. Most shops will stand behind their work and if it is related to the work you have had done with them, they should take care of it for you.