Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

X-pipe and mufflers delete on C204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Sport
X-pipe and mufflers delete on C204

Looking to upgrade my exhaust to get some more aggressive sound out of my C350.
I'm not looking to replace the whole exhaust system as it's pretty expensive. So it's either installing performance mufflers or getting rid of them and replace with straight pipes.
Has anyone done it and are there any downsides? Please share if you have some experience with that.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails X-pipe and mufflers delete on C204-2016-04-02-10.10.42.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Lol I came across another one of your posts.

I can say X-pipe is your best cheep option especially in Canada the dollar is crap everything is expensive.

X-pipe cost 135-200$(shop around) install is 100$ a lot of people start with that. straight pipes will sound awful and you will have drone check out some videos on youtube youll get ideas of what you want.

I just got an x-pipe and am going to pickering to install it along with quad tips. Best advice here is check out youtube videos. if you want a noticeable difference for the cheapest price just get an x-pipe( a lot of people do this)

if you want it louder than just an x-pipe you'll need new mufflers or just a full exhaust which is expensive.

I think if you muffler delete it will be louder but you will have a drone sound in the cabin.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this is with muffler delete it says the drone is unbearable on the highway lol I'd say go with just an pipe to start

- just x-pipe
Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Sport
Thanks for the advice. It does make sense.
Do you live around Pickering so you're going to install there?

I've had some bad experiences with local shops, in Mississauga actually, and was gonna ask if someone can recommend good ones in the gta.

Did you get the diffuser too along with tips?
Old 04-03-2016, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by seryogai7
Thanks for the advice. It does make sense.
Do you live around Pickering so you're going to install there?

I've had some bad experiences with local shops, in Mississauga actually, and was gonna ask if someone can recommend good ones in the gta.

Did you get the diffuser too along with tips?
nope i live in london ontario but I'm in Mississauga every weekend. I searched far and wide and found a fellow in pickering his work looks amazing if you want his detail Private Message me il send it to you. he's actually reasonably priced and the work speak for itself.

Yes i bought a diffuser off Ebay it was 400$ Cad it came with the brackets also its OEM off a C63 AMG. and muffler tips where also $400 the AMG stainless steel you can get cheeper ones but I went for quality on both parts I can tell you the sellers i bought from too if interested. let me know if you have any questions I can try to help

The weather is **** we got hit with like 20cm of snow so I'm postponing the work until I can put the diffuser on outside my garage is full of crap I can't fit my car in there to do the work lol
Old 04-03-2016, 10:53 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Sport
Thanks a lot.
I really look forward to seeing and hearing your new one haha