Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

E420 m119 swap into e200 w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 e420, w210 e200, w221 s550
E420 m119 swap into e200 w210

Okay so I have a very nice w210 e200 that has been cared for since 1999 and is absolutely a fantastic car. But the 2 liter engine is way to slow for me, so I bought a beat up 1997 e420 so that i could take the engine into my e200.

First of all the 420 has got the ticking noise which is the oil tubes. I have bought new tubes and im ready to change them. There seems to be an oilleak under the car, probably oilpan gasket, and the belts look very worn so swapping them aswell. The engine limits at 4000rpm, diagnosis tell me o2 sensor, the big silencer in the back has holes in it and is rusted to pieces, so Im hoping this the fault. If anyone has ideas to emulate values to the o2 sensor that would be appreciated.

The last thing and most worrying fault is that if you slowly accelerate and then full throttle it, it goes like it should, if you full throttle it it slams in the back. I looked at the diff and its been leaking, at this point do you guys think the diff is ready for the graveyard or would new gasket and new oil maybe help it? Im trying to make this as cheap as possible.

The swap itself seems easy enough but if any of you guys know something i should know please tell me

My last worry is the wire harness/ecu. What needs to be swapped? Luckily i have a complete donorcar.

Thank you in advance and hopefully this swap will be smooth