Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Slow website

Old 09-25-2014, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Slow website

This has probably been an issue for a while but recently seems much worse. When I open mbworld I almost immediately see the page, but it remains frozen for as much as 20 seconds before I can interact with it. It looks like the delay is a result of the system waiting until the ads are loaded. This is making the site a pain to deal with. Chrome is bad, IE is worse.

Is this something you have any control over? Any suggestions for a workaround on my end?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55 AMG | Buell Lightning XB12
Download AdBlock Plus for Chrome. Seems when I experienced the same issue, it was lazy ads. If not that, update your DNS settings per your ISP.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by zcct04
This has probably been an issue for a while but recently seems much worse. When I open mbworld I almost immediately see the page, but it remains frozen for as much as 20 seconds before I can interact with it. It looks like the delay is a result of the system waiting until the ads are loaded. This is making the site a pain to deal with. Chrome is bad, IE is worse.

Is this something you have any control over? Any suggestions for a workaround on my end?
Thank you for the feedback. I'm seeing the same delay periodically and it is annoying. I'll make sure IB is aware of the delay.

Bob
Old 09-25-2014, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rob CL
Download AdBlock Plus for Chrome. Seems when I experienced the same issue, it was lazy ads. If not that, update your DNS settings per your ISP.
Thanks Rob - Adblock Plus made the problem disappear on Chrome. Do you know if they make a version for IE?
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmmm - I only downloaded the version for Chrome, but both Chrome and IE are now blazingly fast. MBWorld is back to being awesome - thank you!!!

Last edited by zcct04; 09-26-2014 at 12:12 AM.