Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Continually being logged out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300e
Continually being logged out?

Is there any way to keep from being logged out of the site after a period of inactivity? Often I'll start on a post or reply, get distracted, and come back later to finish my question/answer. Currently I have to remember to copy the text of my post before I hit submit because 9/10 times I go first to the login page, then it forwards me to where I began only without my test.

I can use the back arrow to return to the page with my text, however if I try to hit submit it gives me an error and tells me to refresh the page. Once I refresh my text is gone again!

My specs are:

Win 7 (fully updated)
Chrome browser (latest version)
Old 03-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. There is nothing in the MBworld settings that log-out members on a timing basis. I just checked 'under the hood' and your account is active and setup properly. Please log-out of MBworld on all devices, delete any MB world cookies from your browser and clear your browser cache. Log back in ensuring 'Remember Me' is checked, I hope that helps.

Bob
Old 03-17-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
i have been wondering about this since the most recent log in page change. i can't say logged in. i am very vigilant with my cookies - i use a program to save particular cookies so i never have to log in again. it's different than a browser saving log in info. it works on all vb forums, many of which are IB owned. no problems except this one. i have done all of the obvious things and no matter what, i can't stay logged in. the mbworld.org cookie(s) are protected...i actually think it's only one that shows up now.

there is no "remember me" option on the log in page i get.

EDIT: hmm, so i poked around and there are a few ways to log in. the page that started to show up a short while go for my mbworld bookmark was a log in that had a create account, log in with facebook and regular sign in option, all in a row from left to right. the background was white. this is the one that didn't have a "remember me" option. anyway, i deleted the mbworld.org cookie, cleared everything, logged in from one of the other log in pages, the more traditional vb style one, saved THAT cookie and now it appears to be working.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-17-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

That's odd, please send me a PM when you have a chance. Thanks.

Bob