Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

93 600 SEL Accumulators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz SEL 600 V12 sedan
93 600 SEL Accumulators

I have a 1993 600 SEL I am having problems with the ADS, the suspension is rock hard and the steering has stiffened up. I can feel every grove in the road and it sounds like something is loose in the back end, it rattles. I need to know if anyone can tell me where the accumulators might be so I can check them as the Nitrogen may have leaked out there may be 5 in the system at various points.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Dear confused, post your VIN!!

PS:By they way,if your girlfriend advised your ADS system is\was filled with nitrogen, she needs to read more, the system is hydraulic!!

Last edited by Plutoe; 08-02-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz SEL 600 V12 sedan
OK, ,,, The system was checked nothing is broke everything is in tack, bleed the system there was no air in the system, changed the hydraulic fluid, can not find the problem.
I got an answer from another post that it may have accumulators and that the nitrogen may have leaked out, I was also told that there was a nitrogen ball on top of the shock. I know this is not the case because I do not see any nitrogen ball on top of any of the shocks. What do you think? what is causing these shocks to do this??

PS. By the way.... I am the GIRL that is asking the questions and I own this car
Old 08-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I doubt they correctly tested the ADS hydraulic and electrical system---what they did is check for obvious leaks,however did they use a pulse counter and interrogate the diagnostic plug for electrical faults(switches,solinoids bla bla).

You gotta find someone who understands the system and has the diagnostic tools and experience to correctly advise you----all others is spam and post getters or in Ben's Wurld case wooing you with misinformation and trying to get a date!!