R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Adding voive / bluetooth in R500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r500
Adding voive / bluetooth in R500

Hi guys, i am trying to add voice control and bluetooth into my R500. I got the following parts

-voice control unit
-entire bluetooth unit
-1 pair of 5 steering buttons to activate voice unit.

that's all. But here's the problem, my car doesnt come with teleaid. So where do i speak to, if not, then where can i add a microphone or does the car already comes with one which i only have to activate that?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
X166, 997
Originally Posted by hankey48756
Hi guys, i am trying to add voice control and bluetooth into my R500. I got the following parts

-voice control unit
-entire bluetooth unit
-1 pair of 5 steering buttons to activate voice unit.

p
I think you need a lot more then that man. First, I think all the cars have tele-aid, it just might not be activated. Second, you'll need all the telephone stuff. There's a telephone control unit that needs to be installed, it's under the passenger side footwell, basically under the floorboard under the floor mat on pass side 2nd row seat. Then you need an antenna splitter that is plugged in under the center console where the Blue tooth puck goes. Last, you'll need someone with a star system to activate it.

Or, you contact sunman or mbenzNL for the install. That's what I did. I don't have the voice control, but he added telephone and BT.